Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Jets @ Predators 3/13/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Welcome to slashville

It's absolutely hilarious the "knowledgeable" Jets fans were whining about the officiating (and still are) when the Jets had 7 to Nashville's 9. Oh, and 1 of the penalties awarded to the Jets was on Craig Smith, whose offense was getting mauled by 4 Jets players after he stuck his stick in Hutchinson's glove on a puck that was loose. But wait, the "knowledgeable" Jets fans claimed the mauling of Smith was because he hit Hutchinson in the head with his stick, which absolutely never happened.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I could have brought up that it was the sixth road game in a compressed 10 day road trip but I didn’t want to pile on the excuses. :laugh:

Let’s just say the timing of that game was probably the worst in the season for us.
Yeah, well get used to it. The playoffs are going to be the same way. You have to overcome stuff like that. That's just hockey.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
holy hell that guy is annoying. i realize a few bad don't represent all. that's with any fan base but i believe winnipeg has the worst block of posters on HF. at least in the west. and that's no offense to the good posters that are jets fan that read this but i think deep down even they know it's true. ive been on these forums for years even before i joined i was constantly browsing. and ive never seen a fan base with obnoxious and childish posters that pop up when anything is involved with them.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
holy hell that guy is annoying. i realize a few bad don't represent all. that's with any fan base but i believe winnipeg has the worst block of posters on HF. at least in the west. and that's no offense to the good posters that are jets fan that read this but i think deep down even they know it's true. ive been on these forums for years even before i joined i was constantly browsing. and ive never seen a fan base with obnoxious and childish posters that pop up when anything is involved with them.
Their twitter and reddit fans are pretty awful too. It's weird because I have sat next to tons of Jet fans at games in the past and I've NEVER had an issue with any of them. Cheered for their team but very friendly. Anonymity brings out the worst in people.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Their twitter and reddit fans are pretty awful too. It's weird because I have sat next to tons of Jet fans at games in the past and I've NEVER had an issue with any of them. Cheered for their team but very friendly. Anonymity brings out the worst in people.
yes it does. it brings out the worst and really gives guys a pair to be an idiot. doubt they have those characteristics when meeting face to face with other humans.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
How 'bout we focus our play instead of our adolescent visitors?

Our PP has been abysmal. Could not score on a 5 on 3?! Too much standing around. Watched the Pens the other night. Lots of movement, quick passes to pull defenders out of position.

The Jets adjusted defensively to our outlet passes and we did not adjust back.

Fiala still needs to learn that he cannot stick handle thru 3 defenders. Look for the pass kid!

The PP is getting looks, Forsberg hit yet another post so it's only a matter of time before the puck actually goes in.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Agreed, we shouldn't let other teams' posters distract us from the fact that We have an 8 point lead in the division with a game in hand. What a dream this would've been a few weeks ago.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yeah, they're rightfully pissed, we dominated a team that was really needed a win. That game was over at the 10 minute mark of the 1st. I wish we wouldn't have started laying back after the first but it happens. As far as the Winnipeg fans that are wanting to educate us on hockey just let them know we'll educate them on how to act after a playoff win, whenever they get one.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Most fans of either teams wouldn't put stock into a game like this. Majority are not.

Our walking wounded going into last night:

Lowry
Scheifele
Stastny
Trouba
Kulikov
Enstrom
Hendricks

That's the equivalent of you guys playing without Turris, Johansen, Bonino, Fisher, Josi, Ekholm and Emelin.. & starting Sarros.

Add in that Winnipeg comes in on the last game of a season high 6 game road trip on a B2B and it was a slam dunk for Nashville to win last night. Not even a question.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I really don't understand the issue that Preds and Jets fans have with each other. I think we should all get along. Both are teams I cheer for. If Preds go down early, and Jets are still there I'm definitely cheering for them all the way.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Most fans of either teams wouldn't put stock into a game like this. Majority are not.

Lowry
Scheifele
Stastny
Trouba
Kulikov
Enstrom
Hendricks

That's the equivalent of you guys playing without Turris, Johansen, Bonino, Fisher, Josi, Ekholm and Emelin.. & starting Sarros.

Add in that Winnipeg comes in on the last game of a season high 6 game road trip on a B2B and it was a slam dunk for Nashville to win last night. Not even a question.
The stock Pred fans are putting into the game is that it was such an important game in the drive for the division title. It was a 4 point game that the Preds absolutely had to have. No one is in here saying that our matchup in the playoffs will be complete domination.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I really don't understand the issue that Preds and Jets fans have with each other. I think we should all get along. Both are teams I cheer for. If Preds go down early, and Jets are still there I'm definitely cheering for them all the way.
that's because you aren't an actual preds fan and you relate to us none. #GibsonForVezina

Reactions: Legionnaire11

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA

Lowry
Scheifele
Stastny
Trouba
Kulikov
Enstrom
Hendricks

I guess the NHL should have just felt sorry for Winnipeg and canceled the game then?

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA

Maybe you’re fans of both teams, but I’m actually from Nashville and proud of my city and I don’t care for Jarnkrok getting concussed on a late hit. That’s why I hate the Jets.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
this is the problem when you have an exceptionally young fanbase who has zero 'big' game or playoff experience and had their hopes up for WPG to win the division. then when they come out and get destroyed in the first ten minutes they immediately turn sour and the disappointment manifests itself into resentment, anger, and frustration. the normal rules of not trolling or ever posting on a team's game day thread after a loss go straight out the window for these kids. makes the entire WPG fan base look bad, when in reality it's just a few. now what i didn't like in their gdt was that the bitterness became so bad that some were actively cheering for jarnkrok and other pred players to get hurt (especially since none of their injuries were cause by our guys). it also makes me laugh when you have 16 year old kids who have probably never been out of their province making fun of hockey fans down here. Especially when many of us have personally been to 1000 NHL games while many of them might have been to 5-10. Note i didn't post over there, because that's simply bad sportsmanship.

the preds cann't help that wpg has so many injuries. no one felt sorry for us when forsberg, ellis and josi was out either.

Gotta Jet

Aug 25, 2011
Behind the net
Nice win Preds....we'll see you in the playoffs!

Will hopefully be different when it counts.

We are pretty banged up right now....out last night were:

# 1, 2 & 3rd line centers
# 1, 4 & 6 D-man
Several utility starters
Started our #3 goalie (#1 was on bench resting and #2 is on IR)

Congrats though on the 'big win'. Remember the playoffs start in April.

I believe the Preds will likely win the cup this year! I would far prefer to have the cup won by a team in the Central. But we will give you guys some competition. Should be fun!

You guys have a great team. We are trying to put a team to rival yours. Hope we can provide a good rival for years to come. I really enjoy watching these two teams play....great plays, great physicality and some shenanigans on both sides but this is why its fun. As long as nobody gets hurt.

Enjoy the ride Preds Fans!

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Maybe you’re fans of both teams, but I’m actually from Nashville and proud of my city and I don’t care for Jarnkrok getting concussed on a late hit. That’s why I hate the Jets.

Listen I'm the first person on here that doesn't want to see Jarnkrok get hurt and I definitely am not a fan of some Jets players. But as a team whole and the fact that I know a ton of Jets fans outside of hfboards, I can say I really like Jets organization as a whole and most Jets fans are super classy and proud of hockey. This one incident isn't going to make me hate the Jets especially as other teams have hurt our players (Aka the Sharks), but the hatred seems to be a lot lower towards them.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA

Each person has their own reasons but I think there's a common reason between those that have been Preds fans for a long time and those of us that came on board when Atlanta relocated. Both Atlanta and Nashville had to deal with the threat of relocating and the taunting from Canadian markets.

Reactions: Gnashville and Adz

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
a side note. we have 2-3 guys who post on other teams game day theads ourselves trying to 'correct' other team's fans. this helps cause angry posting back here on ours. do us all a favor and avoid ever posting on another team's game day thread unless it's simply congratulations or complementary. some might get a thrill out of the argument, but it penalaizes every else.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
THIS is what Laine's beard reminds me of...
b&bb.jpg

Laine's beard is an abomination. Let's just call him Rumpelstilskin.

Reactions: jumb0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad