Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Jets @ Predators 3/13/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If they are cocky after this game they are simply whistling past the graveyard

It’s because of the late energy and injuries! Obviously not taking into account that the Preds might be turtling just a bit there. Not good for the cocky narrative.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If you wanna laugh, go see how cocky they are on their boards. It's embarrassing.

So I checked out a few posts. I like how they don't get the concept that a team leading 3-0 plays differently as the game wears on.

I get it they are injured. But we kicked the living shiitake mushrooms out of them and they are proud that they didn' get pounded worse

Last edited by a moderator:

atilla the honeybun

Apr 12, 2011
here
So I checked out a few posts. I like how they don't get the concept that a team leading 3-0 plays differently as the game wears on.

I get it they are injured. But we kicked the living shiitake mushrooms out of them and they are proud that they didn' get pounded worse
Especially the preds. We are the turtle champs

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
They only lost 3-1 so they must win when they have a full lineup!!!
Right!??
=We would have SWEEPED the Pens if we had a full lineup!!!

The logic is astounding. Being happy about effort is one thing, but man are they arrogant.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Right!??

The logic is astounding. Being happy about effort is one thing, but man are they arrogant.

They also lost 3 out of the 4 games we have played them this year. Surely they weren't missing lineup in every of those games too. They need to be more worried about just getting past the first round/not getting bounced out of the lower playoff rounds than about us. Same of us. One thing about the playoffs is it's anybody's game and any team can beat another team no matter what you are ranked in the regular season. Just look at us last year against Chicago. How many thought we were going to beat/get past Chicago last year? Not saying the Jets aren't a scary/difficult team to play against/aren't a good team as they are and should be taken as a legitimate threat/could knock us out of the playoffs but so are almost all the teams that make the playoffs. Any of those teams could knock us out of the playoffs. One thing you should never do is under estimate your opponent. I think this Preds team knows that. They are going to have to come w/ their A game for every playoff/round if they want to get far in the post season/playoffs no matter the opponent. If the Preds go into the playoffs like Chicago did w/ us, over confident and thinking they could just breeze by opponents, they will be in for a rude awaking and I don't care who it is they are playing.

Last edited:

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Right!??

They also seem to think that Preds fans don't know much about hockey, or at least that's what one of them said.

Reactions: Gnashville

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Bro I just learned about this hockey thing last year when the Perds made it to that Stanley game!
You're NOT a real fan like us! We like to spend as much money as often as possible towards a sports team no matter if it's a shit product or not and claim we're LOYAL!
BRO!

On the real though, I'm considered pretty lucky of a fan since my team in the FEL just won the reg season convincingly and has 6 championships in my lifetime, 2 of them in 2014 and 2015.
Now NSH is in their cup window. I know I'm kind of humble bragging here, but I never went past the stage of 'oh we're going to beat you' in talks with other fans or inside of a little ring of our own fans.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
They also seem to think that Preds fans don't know much about hockey, or at least that's what one of them said.
it's just a part of sports. we trash talk, they trash talk. we need to get use to it. they are a good, young team like us. could see a great rivalry over the next few years as we should be contenders together for a good while.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The Jets obviously have taken a page from the Ducks dirty play book. Boarding, elbows, jumping on people etc. and the refs let 'em get away with it. Their fans ragging on us just shows their ignorance.

I was disappointed at how passive we were in the second. And the pp just plain stinks right now.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The Jets obviously have taken a page from the Ducks dirty play book. Boarding, elbows, jumping on people etc. and the refs let 'em get away with it. Their fans ragging on us just shows their ignorance.

I was disappointed at how passive we were in the second. And the pp just plain stinks right now.

Welp we are used to playing the Ducks and their dirty play book so it's nothing new we haven't seen before and we still seem to have their number for some reason. Guess we just have to get used to it coming from the Jets now and be more aware of them trying to take out our players/injury our players w/ dirty hits and hit fire w/ fire.

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I see the Preds fans are pretty excited beating a team coming off a B2B, playing its back-up and having 7 starters missing (including 3 of 4 centers and half of it’s defense core).

Props!

See you in Round 2. ;)

Reactions: SUX2BU

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I want them to finish at the bottom of the division, every year.

Same, never liked them as the Thrashers, have liked them even less as the Jets. Canadian market with a relocated southern team. Division rival. And they don't even have the iconic jets uniform!

Jets and Wild can battle for the bottom every year, I'd be very happy with that. I hate the Jackets too, but they're not really an issue anymore. It's nice being the most successful team of our expansion class, by a long shot!

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I see the Preds fans are pretty excited beating a team coming off a B2B, playing its back-up and having 7 starters missing (including 3 of 4 centers and half of it’s defense core).

Props!

See you in Round 2. ;)

So what's the excuses for the other games you played against us? We are excited to extend our lead over you rather than give it up. Nobody said that we are excited to beat a team coming off a B2B, playing it's back up, and having 7 starters missing. We know you are a good team and know you didn't have your full lineup in tonight. Seems more like you are just salty that you didn't have the full lineup tonight to try to get the win to close the gap on us. I'm sorry you didn't but that's part of the game. We have had injuries too in this regular season and still have had to find a way to win. We just lucked out that for an important game you were out several players and you know what come playoffs it usually isn't a matter of if you will have injured players but when so you might as well get used to it.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
it's just a part of sports. we trash talk, they trash talk. we need to get use to it. they are a good, young team like us. could see a great rivalry over the next few years as we should be contenders together for a good while.
I'm with you. No need for all this stuff. Act like we've won a game...and a playoff game...before. Shoe will be on the other foot at some point.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
First place in the NHL, and in command of the division and conference. Yes we're excited, no it doesn't have so much to do with beating a crippled jets team tonight.
Yup don't really care what the circumstances are. We win a big game that moves us closer to winning the division and a definite home advantage in the playoffs. Couple that with being at the top of the league and I'm pretty happy. What the name is on the other side I could care less about at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad