Post-Game Talk: WIN!!! - DAL Stars @ NSH Predators - 10/12/17: "The We Still Haven't Lost At Home" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
It's 4am again so I'll keep it short and sweet: better but still not good enough. We deserved to lose that game overall, but get Josi back and a bit more forward chemistry and we're there. I would like to have Fiala, Bonino and Hartnell as the second line, Aberg-Jarny and Smith as third just to even out strength and speed a bit. I would definitely like to continue Girard and Ekholm so that means pairing Subban and Josi finally...

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
That was a fun game. Glad the season isn't officially over :rolleyes:. Took care of business at home, let's hope we can continue the magic against the 'hawks. 19 years old. Sheesh. I could barely get out of bed to go to class at 19.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
How do you guys keep finding these gems! Was Girard playing his off side all game too?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
No we didn't. Other than that one stretch later in the 2nd period where we couldn't get the puck out of our zone, we looked okay to good.

Exactly correct- we were shaky early in the game, but we looked much better in the second half of the game. At worst it was a pretty even game- no way anyone can say we should have lost that game or that Dallas was clearly the better team. We have issues, don't get me wrong, but with all the injuries things could be much worse than 2-2.

Reactions: TheOriginalJez

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
No we didn't. Other than that one stretch later in the 2nd period where we couldn't get the puck out of our zone, we looked okay to good.

If they'd taken their chances... I'm happy we won, I don't want to crap all over that, but I think we shouldn't be complacent - we didn't play anywhere near as well as we could have and it only takes a few bounces here and there for a much different score line. We need to be playing so that we don't win on chance.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
we didn't play anywhere near as well as we could have

There's a big difference between not playing as well as we could have and not deserving to win. Game 6 of the WCF last year where we were completely dominated all game is a game we didn't deserve to win. Or Game 1 of the SCF where we completely dominated Pittsburgh and had a goal taken away is a game Pittsburgh didn't deserve to win. This game was not like either of those games.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What a game, what resiliency again!

Peks was awesome. Girard was awesome. JOFA was awesome. Ekholm and PK were awesome.

I thought Irwin looked better than Emelin tonight.

Was nice to see Sissons back he was good, althougj the 4th line got stuck in the d-zone for too long couple times. Salomaki in for McLeod?

Aberg has been good, he's got sick wheels and a tremendous work ethic which is why he's good defensively.

Waiting for more from Fiala and we're definetely gonna need more from him. He's gonna have to be a 40-45 point player.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
There's a big difference between not playing as well as we could have and not deserving to win. Game 6 of the WCF last year where we were completely dominated all game is a game we didn't deserve to win. This game was not like that.

There were significant periods of play 5on5 where we were hemmed in like we were killing a penalty. Any game where that happens is not a game you deserve to win by that margin. In the playoffs 'deserve' is irrelevant, when you have another 78 games to go 'deserve' is relevant because it tends to play out over the rest of the games. We're getting better though and 2-2-0 from 0-2-0 when you're still getting better is good.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
There were significant periods of play 5on5 where we were hemmed in like we were killing a penalty. Any game where that happens is not a game you deserve to win by that margin. In the playoffs 'deserve' is irrelevant, when you have another 78 games to go 'deserve' is relevant because it tends to play out over the rest of the games. We're getting better though and 2-2-0 from 0-2-0 when you're still getting better is good.

No one is on here claiming we played great- we absolutely did not. And we need to get better.

But people are reacting to you explicitly saying we "deserved to lose" the game- which is not true at all..

If the game was flipped- if we had lost 4-1 and played exactly like Dallas did, would anyone be saying we should have won the game.?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Significant periods of play? Like I said, there was that one time in the 2nd period where our 4th line got stuck in the defensive zone for a couple of minutes. Yes it was annoying that they couldn't get the puck out but just because that happened doesn't mean we deserved to lose. We played at the same level or above the Stars for 58 minutes. We held them without a shot for over 10 minutes in the 3rd when they were only down a goal. So we were completely dominated for two minutes of a 60 minute game and weathered that storm. There's no way we deserved to lose this game. We might have lost but it wouldn't have been a game where you walked out and said they were so bad they deserved to lose it.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Nice to score the GWG while Spezza in the box, and to score 3-1 while taking the puck from Radulov like a candy from a kid.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It's 4am again so I'll keep it short and sweet: better but still not good enough. We deserved to lose that game overall, but get Josi back and a bit more forward chemistry and we're there. I would like to have Fiala, Bonino and Hartnell as the second line, Aberg-Jarny and Smith as third just to even out strength and speed a bit. I would definitely like to continue Girard and Ekholm so that means pairing Subban and Josi finally...
Sorry but I don't see how we deserved to lose that one....

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
I'm not going to quote since everyone's going for the same thing,but I stand by it for now. I haven't watched a slow-mo shot for shot replay but from memory I think Pekka saved our asses on more clear scoring chances than Bishop did for them (SOG were equal.) But, so long as noone gets complacent, I'll be happy being wrong. I just want the 2 points guys :)

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I'm pretty impressed with Girard. I don't know if he'll stay after 9 games, but I can't see a reason for sending him down. :handclap:

Arvy and Forsberg are awesome, they just never give up on a play and never quit. Arvy swung and missed, but then Forsberg's strip of Radulov and Arvy reading the play and getting the breakaway and goal was great!

We still have some big lulls in the middle of the game. Pekka really saved us a few times, a lot of times. He probably should have had a shutout. Benn got away with about 3 whacks at the puck while Pekka was trying to cover it, someone should have cleared him out after one.

That 5 min PP was awful. And Hanzal should have had a game misconduct with that 5 minute penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad