Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Chicago Blackhawks (12-9-3) @ Nashville Predators (15-6-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
These type of close games are so much easier to watch live than from home.

Two points. All that matters.

A thousand times yes- I almost cannot take watching games like this on TV- sometimes I just have to turn it off to break the stress.

I am always much less nervous in the arena- I guess maybe because you really have no choice but to watch......

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Had those annoying fans in front of us. Making fun of and tweeting about ‘let nbc hear you’ posted on the Jumbotron. Really sad people to have to bring attention to something like that and call it pathetic. Tonight just confirmed why I really do hate the Blackhawks and the majority of their fans I’ve ever dealt with.

Fortunately most of them will no longer be fans in about 5 years.

Ironically enough there was a Hawks fan right by me and he was a very nice guy. I thanked him for being a cool Blackhawks fan after the game and told him there weren’t many of them.

bahaha. that video of bama fans losing their bragging rights making the rounds on Facebook is hilarious. me and most bama fans i know are level headed in terms of wins and losses. i take preds failures much worse.

Dude, I saw that video. That guy at the end standing in the crowd of Auburn fans... I was crying.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Read the Hawks GDT as well. They had just 1 more penalty called on them and yet the refs were CLEARLY on our side and the only reason we won. The delusion is real boys.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Looks just like the last time we beat them, every goal we scored shouldn't have been allowed, every penalty whistled on them was " ticky tack " or " acting " , and there was 100 million that should have been called on us.

When you reach that point as a fan base you have become delusional about your own team.

Also I love that they have people that hate everything about this team and it's fans, it means we have surpassed them on the ice and they know it.

Reactions: predhead1

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
JR has always been pro Chicago since he played there. I watched the pre game. It was all about Chicago being on a roll, the Kane line and the above mentioned revenge comment. I turned the sound off and watched the first period. Got too nervous after that.

Hawks fans frequently troll our FB and Twitter feeds. That, to me, is truly pathetic.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hello, Swedish hockey fan here. I just saw in a Swedish newspaper, that you chanted 'Forsberg' sucks, right after he scored for Nashville. Dont you like Forsberg?

That's a cheer for the opposing goalie after we score. Coincidentally the Hawks goalie's last name is also Forsberg.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Hello, Swedish hockey fan here. I just saw in a Swedish newspaper, that you chanted 'Forsberg' sucks, right after he scored for Nashville. Dont you like Forsberg?

Sounds like someone needed to do some more reporting before writing their story. Nashville has chanted the last name of the goalie followed by "you suck" after goals scored for 20 years. Chicago's back-up is named Forsberg. Considering he is also Swedish, it stands to reason the reporter should have at least known there was a possibility of another Forsberg being on the ice, playing for the opposing team.

We love our Forsberg. Doesn't mean we like all Forsbergs.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Read the Hawks GDT as well. They had just 1 more penalty called on them and yet the refs were CLEARLY on our side and the only reason we won. The delusion is real boys.

Maybe they'll call it even with that ref pick on Kane's potential breakaway. Ha!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Sounds like someone needed to do some more reporting before writing their story. Nashville has chanted the last name of the goalie followed by "you suck" after goals scored for 20 years. Chicago's back-up is named Forsberg. Considering he is also Swedish, it stands to reason the reporter should have at least known there was a possibility of another Forsberg being on the ice, playing for the opposing team.

What is absolutely hilarious is when Lazerus tweeted about the Forsberg chant last night (he of course knew what the deal was obviously, was just making a joke about Nashville being a "tough" crowd) But in the replies, many Blackhawks fans actually thought we were chanting at Filip.

Just one of many hilarious things from their fans last night- (we can't fill the building without Hawks fans at the game, our fans don't know the rules, we smash cars before every game, etc, etc, etc).

Pure comedy gold.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
What is absolutely hilarious is when Lazerus tweeted about the Forsberg chant last night (he of course knew what the deal was obviously, was just making a joke about Nashville being a "tough" crowd) But in the replies, many Blackhawks fans actually thought we were chanting at Filip.

Just one of many hilarious things from their fans last night- (we can't fill the building without Hawks fans at the game, our fans don't know the rules, we smash cars before every game, etc, etc, etc).

Pure comedy gold.

It's almost as if our society has devolved into just believing the ramblings of trolls and/or lunatics, and spewing those ramblings as fact.

Reactions: JR303

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

So I wonder if this is the first time one of our players has scored a goal, at home, against a player with the same last name. Like, for example I wonder if Craig Smith has ever scored here on Mike Smith. Etc. It was a bit odd.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

The paper had a joke header about it, but of course both me and the paper understod it was Anton who they were taunting, just a bit funny for Filip too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad