Tennis: Wimbledon 2022

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
True to character, Struff tightens near the end of tough matches and does so once again, 5-4 Carlos.

Reactions: Elvis P

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Getting more dominant as the match progressed, Sinner takes out Wawrinka in four sets for his first win ever on grass (in five tries). Flamingo legs on a grass surface is not a good combination.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Up to 2-1 in sets, Andy getting a little bratty out there about not winning more quickly. Duckworth raises his game at the moment, 4-3 on serve....unfazed, Andy serves the match out 6-4. Very chilly handshake.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
When was the last time that Andy's wife and Andy's mother were seen anywhere near close to one another? 2017?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Hurkacz definitely seemed like a strong contender to go deep this year, but Davidovich Fokina is a tough first round matchup for anyone.

Sinner looked really awkward moving on the grass today, slipping and sliding everywhere, but he was hitting his shots well and going to the net. He got better as the match went on. This was his first ever grass court win on the ATP tour.

I think Djokovic has to be the easy favourite right now. I think Medvedev could have made a deep run, but it's unfortunate he wasn't allowed to compete. Berrettini has to be the next-favourite, but I could see Tsitsipas doing some damage if he can find some momentum. He has a game that should be dominant on grass, with a huge first serve and a game based around moving himself up court. I know he likes the extra time to hit shots that clay affords, but his aggressive play-style should translate to more success.

Reactions: Tuggy and kihei

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Up to 2-1 in sets, Andy getting a little bratty out there about not winning more quickly. Duckworth raises his game at the moment, 4-3 on serve....unfazed, Andy serves the match out 6-4. Very chilly handshake.
Andy is just a chilly individual in every way.. i've never ever been a fan.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Cilic withdraws because of a positive covid test. Rafa's soft draw gets even easier.

• Wow
Reactions: Tuggy

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Dimitrov retired, too. Djokovic is going to win this thing without much trouble by the looks of it, unless he gets covid too.

Reactions: kihei and Tuggy

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Kyrgios vs Jubb. On serve till Kyrgios has his usual mental lapse, loses his service game, slams a ball out of the court, gets a warning and loses the set.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Must be distressing for all of them, but poor Berrettini. He must have felt like this could have been his year..

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Thank goodness NIck won. Don't want to see any more core players lose or withdraw in the early rounds.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Serve and volley Cressy is a very challenging opponent for Felix on grass. This match should tell us a lot about FAA's current game.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Excellent first set of grass court tennis from both players but Felix wins the breaker. Wish he'd volley more, though.

Reactions: Tuggy

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Cressy wins the second set as Felix falters a bit on return, passing shots and forecourt game. Such a close match, though.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
As Cressy stays maddeningly consistent, Felix loses a heartbreaker of a tie break. He went down love-4 only to lose it eventually 11-9 on a double fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad