GDT: Williams night: Canes vs Kings

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Gm63 Vs. LA: Stretch run starts with favorable match up versus the LA Kings
by
Matt Karash | Feb 26, 2019 | Morning Skate
None of that changes the fact that the Hurricanes currently sit in the final wild card spot and are playing the best hockey of these four teams right now.
Back on the ice, the Hurricanes take on the Los Angeles Kings tonight at PNC Arena. The Kings played last night and traveled and are mired in an eight-game losing streak (three in overtime or a shootout). But the Kings pushed the NHL-leading Lightning to overtime last night. And the Hurricanes know well that ‘should win’ is not automatic in the NHL with recent losses to the Devils and Rangers.
As noted above, the Kings just are not a great hockey team right now. The good version of the Hurricanes is better than whatever version of the Kings shows up. But nothing is automatic. In games like this, the key is play loose and attack. Any hesitation or cautiousness tends to play down to the opponent’s level. So on Tuesday, I will watch early to see if the Hurricanes are in fact the aggressor.
Aside from the goaltending which has been solid in total and spectacular at times, the Canes blue line has been the other greatest strength of late. With Hamilton picking up the pace offensively since the midway point and Faulk dialed in with his shot right now, the offensive has dialed up the offense a notch or two which is a huge benefit for a team that is light on high-end scoring talent. In addition, the group has been solid defensively. On Tuesday, I will be watching to see if the blue line can continue to lead the way.
‘What I’m Watching’ — Gm63 Vs. LA: Stretch run starts with favorable match up versus the LA Kings | Canes & Coffee

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I've made the thread a live thread so you can follow it without having to refresh. Let me know how you think it works and we can do this for the rest of our GDTs.
it's usually pretty good overall but if you are behind and want to catch up it gets weird and counter-intuitive quickly. so i usually give up that idea and just hop in at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00