William Nylander - The execution meister.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
He already is at PPG and is even deemed to be close to Matthews. For that reason, I see 10 million per while Mats would be a bit higher.
NOPE thats crazy money.....Do we want to win or do we want a front loaded team?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If Nylander is viewed as an Eichel level talent, he's going to paid as one. Matthews is obviously going to be paid at that level or maybe a million more.
Why would he be viewed as Eichel level talent? Eichel is all the Sabres have. He is the driver for them....Nylander is MAYBE our #2 guy?

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Just noticed now that Matthews, Nylander and Zaitsev are tide for the lead league in +/- at +10. I know we have been scoring goals so + would be enhanced but telling that even with defensive issues still a question for this young team, those 3 lead the league in +/-. Shows well on Zaits too...

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Tough to say how much Nylander signs for. IMO, it'd be a travesty if he signs for a lot more than what Pasta got.

Draisaitl already got overpaid relative to Pasta- we don't want non-team friendly deals on our roster.

This is probably contentious, but his father used to look for the best deal possible when he was in the league as well (not blaming him for it).....just not sure you will see Willy give a clear discount like Ehlers.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Tough to say how much Nylander signs for. IMO, it'd be a travesty if he signs for a lot more than what Pasta got.

Draisaitl already got overpaid relative to Pasta- we don't want non-team friendly deals on our roster.

This is probably contentious, but his father used to look for the best deal possible when he was in the league as well (not blaming him for it).....just not sure you will see Willy give a clear discount like Ehlers.

To be fair it's unclear exactly why Elhers took that deal that he did. It's not a sure thing he gave his team any favors

He may have simply opted to take the safe money given the fact the Jets are a bad team. Looks like Nylander we opted to gamble he'd play better this season and that he'd be able to thrive in a stronger Leafs team. Smart move by thrbplayer.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
When negotiations happen I’m sure they’ll aim for Drai money and if goes a ppg...... well let’s just say Pasta type money will be nothing but a dream. 7M at the least if he goes a ppg.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I love Nylander but enough is enough already, let's let this guy C a line already even though we have great chemistry with Matthews and Willie, we need to take the next step and see what this obvious stud player can do at C.

I am thinking Brown Matthews and Marner Nylander. Thats the money get them on the sheltered line together and ride it out.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
One hopes that he takes a little less than market value to be on Matthews' wing on one of the best young cores in the League.

Someone pointed out that Nylander's father always went for as much money as possible. If that's true, it might be a big reason he never went deep in the playoffs.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Such a tough question and up for debate.

Ekblad
Drai
Nylander
Ehlers
Larkin
Pastrnak

I still think its early to tell. This group shuffles by the month. Very strong group.
I don't know if we can still slot Ekblad in at 1, to be honest. I'd put all of Drai, Nylander, Ehlers and Pastrnak ahead of him, IMO. Agreed though, very solid group. I still remember a friend of mine who was pissed we didn't take Ritchie. It's been great to see him eat crow on that one.

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.
Larkin has had a great start to the year.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Nylander is actually scoring less than he was last year in his first 7 games,

2-5-7 this year vs 4-5-9.

He is a great player but predicting a crazy 20pt leap in production is too early. He might get to 70 pts sure. But there are peaks and valleys in a season. He may get 25-60 this year.....

Anywhere from 6.5 to absolute Max on an 8 year deal of 7.5. More than likely in the 6.75-7.25 range

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Nylander is actually scoring less than he was last year in his first 7 games,

2-5-7 this year vs 4-5-9.

He is a great player but predicting a crazy 20pt leap in production is too early. He might get to 70 pts sure. But there are peaks and valleys in a season. He may get 25-60 this year.....

Anywhere from 6.5 to absolute Max on an 8 year deal of 7.5. More than likely in the 6.75-7.25 range

Both of the above are true. Nylander was rookie of the month for October last year and off to a better start than this year, but presently his 2-5- 7 point pace [=82 games 23 goals 59 assists 82 points].

Last year 22 goals 61 points vs. current pace 23 goals & 82 points = + 20 points potentially.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Both of the above are true. Nylander was rookie of the month for October last year and off to a better start than this year, but presently his 2-5- 7 point pace [=82 games 23 goals 59 assists 82 points].

Last year 22 goals 61 points vs. current pace 23 goals & 82 points = + 20 points potentially.

For sure, but there are peaks and valleys. OVY isnt going to score 100 goals this year. My personal bet is 25-30g 65-75 points over a full 82 game season. Contract of 6.75-7 ish.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
For sure, but there are peaks and valleys. OVY isnt going to score 100 goals this year. My personal bet is 25-30g 65-75 points over a full 82 game season. Contract of 6.75-7 ish.
His production will be much more stable this year IMO. He'll also play 2+ minutes more per game than last season. I'd say he's getting 75+ this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad