William Nylander - The execution meister.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
nylander-william-161002-1180.jpg

William Nylander is a hockey god, master of executing complex and endurance plays and does not get the credit he is due. What a gem and counterpart to Matthews, brilliant!

William, you are the Meister!

Last edited:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
As I said earlier in another thread I am going to repeat myself that "He was the architect of that OT winner"

The chemistry between Nylander and Matthes is unbelievable - I hope we can find a better "C"then Bozak and leave Willie on this line

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
As I said earlier in another thread I am going to repeat myself that "He was the architect of that OT winner"

The chemistry between Nylander and Matthes is unbelievable - I hope we can find a better "C"then Bozak and leave Willie on this line

That Bozak line is what sets us behind being a legit top 3-4 contender this year. Its bad. I think Nylander should probably inherit the line but we'll see

GQS

Aug 2, 2005

I agree unless we have no other options at center I'd rather let Nylander and Matthews stay together for a very long time. So many people have said before Marner and Matthews would be great, but Nylander/Matthews have already shown they're great together and probably even more dangerous since Nylander can also shoot.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I love having Nylander and Matthews together but that Bozak line needs some tender loving care.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I agree unless we have no other options at center I'd rather let Nylander and Matthews stay together for a very long time. So many people have said before Marner and Matthews would be great, but Nylander/Matthews have already shown they're great together and probably even more dangerous since Nylander can also shoot.
I'm having doubts about breaking up this sexy pairing, and do agree that there needs to be another shooter on Matthews' line, but think that can be Marleau on LW. Just think of it this way, we won't see these 2 making magic but we'll see both making magic separately while not having a Bozak line sabotaging their efforts

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I'm having doubts about breaking up this sexy pairing, and do agree that there needs to be another shooter on Matthews' line, but think that can be Marleau on LW. Just think of it this way, we won't see these 2 making magic but we'll see both making magic separately while not having a Bozak line sabotaging their efforts

Could happen. Hyman can play RW as well I believe.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
That Bozak line is what sets us behind being a legit top 3-4 contender this year. Its bad. I think Nylander should probably inherit the line but we'll see

Nylander taking over that line and adding Kapanen while moving Marner to Matthews line makes this team twice as good. He's proven he can basically play the centre's role, so now we just wait.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I get more of a Zetterberg/Seguin vibe watching Willy. Can't wait for him to make the transition to center and make some other players more or less redundant.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So where does Willie go in a re-draft of 2014?

Such a tough question and up for debate.

Ekblad
Drai
Nylander
Ehlers
Larkin
Pastrnak

I still think its early to tell. This group shuffles by the month. Very strong group.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Starting to see what other posters having been wanting for Nylander. His potential to be a real good centre. He needs to start burying his chances. Ehlers is now up 5-1 in goals on him.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Starting to see what other posters having been wanting for Nylander. His potential to be a real good centre. He needs to start burying his chances. Ehlers is now up 5-1 in goals on him.

Nylander is playing playmaker, he is the Swedish Swiss Army knife. Give him his own line with Mitch as distributor and he will score. Brown is better for Matthews anyways.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

No it's not.. because if that line wasn't in tact we wouldn't have scored our first goal of the night to keep us in and shift momentum. Not to mention they have been our driving force and money on the PP this year. You can hate on them defensively all you want, but they score when it's necessary. We need another defenseman, that's what we truly need.

Not every line can be perfect, they excel in the areas they are supposed to.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'd like for him to elevate his compete even more as I've seen in the past. He's kind of flubbing a lot of sweet passes by Matthews right now and isn't as dominant on the back-check as I've seen him in the past (mainly when Babcock was riding his coat tail).

My hope is he will be more Backstrom/Zetteberg than Seguin.....but atm, I definitely see more Seguin right now. He has it in him to be a dominant 200-foot guy.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No it's not.. because if that line wasn't in tact we wouldn't have scored our first goal of the night to keep us in and shift momentum. Not to mention they have been our driving force and money on the PP this year. You can hate on them defensively all you want, but they score when it's necessary. We need another defenseman, that's what we truly need.

Not every line can be perfect, they excel in the areas they are supposed to.

The line won't survive and that will be the proof that its just not effective. We can wait and see what happens.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Nylander is playing playmaker, he is the Swedish Swiss Army knife. Give him his own line with Mitch as distributor and he will score. Brown is better for Matthews anyways.

Matthews is a goal scorer. I think Mitch might make a better winger for him because I see Marner as more of a play maker than a scorer. JVR, Willie and Brown could make a nice scoring line but we may never see it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Matthews is a goal scorer. I think Mitch might make a better winger for him because I see Marner as more of a play maker than a scorer. JVR, Willie and Brown could make a nice scoring line but we may never see it.

That works as well. I say Brown Matthews because its been done with great results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad