William Nylander - The execution meister.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i thought matthews knocked that puck down but willie flipped that pass and dropped it right on his stick

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
As good as his chemistry is it makes too much sense to move him to his own line. I think Marner can be just as effective on Matthews' wing as Nylander is, so that line would be just as good if not better, whereas I get the sense Willie can drive a line more effectively than Mitch at this point in time. Seems like a good way to optimize the lineup

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Did you see that?! People say he isn't elite?! The guy is unreal just wow, we have two legit superstars.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's such a joy to watch, Leafs are very lucky to have a talent like him.

Will be interesting to see how his game may hangs if he is moved away from Matthews, ie if he will opt to shoot more rather than playmaker

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Every game I pinch myself..8th overall? Howw??

Kid has all world talent and he's been consistently, every shift he out there he's creating.

What a friggin treat to watch.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
As good as his chemistry is it makes too much sense to move him to his own line. I think Marner can be just as effective on Matthews' wing as Nylander is, so that line would be just as good if not better, whereas I get the sense Willie can drive a line more effectively than Mitch at this point in time. Seems like a good way to optimize the lineup

Wouldn't make too much sense since Tavares would be centering the second line. Marner would go well with Tavares. Keep Nylander with Matthews.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Such a tough question and up for debate.

Ekblad
Drai
Nylander
Ehlers
Larkin
Pastrnak

I still think its early to tell. This group shuffles by the month. Very strong group.

No way is Ekblad comparable to Nylander, Draisaitl and Ehlers. He has been bad since his rookie season. Nylander is the best of them all right now.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I take Nylander 1st overall in that draft. Only guy close to him in my eyes in Draisaitl but it's still Willy.

Can't believe we have him and Matthews on the same line

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Nylander is playing playmaker, he is the Swedish Swiss Army knife. Give him his own line with Mitch as distributor and he will score. Brown is better for Matthews anyways.
This has already been debunked.

I would like to see what Nylander and Marner could do together though. Although I don't know if Hyman-Matthews-Brown can be effective for a whole season.

No way is Ekblad comparable to Nylander, Draisaitl and Ehlers. He has been bad since his rookie season. Nylander is the best of them all right now.
Drai was 8th in scoring last season.............

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Guy put on an elite show. It was just domination and not enabled just by Matthews. Was ridiculous watching those two.

Reactions: authentic

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

I would like to see what Nylander and Marner could do together though. Although I don't know if Hyman-Matthews-Brown can be effective for a whole season.

Matthews and Nylander are both elite line drivers. Matthews is only taking breaks to watch Nylander and vice versa.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Playing with a 100 point center for a lot of the season, Nylander IMO is and will be the better player.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Drai was
Playing with a 100 point center for a lot of the season, Nylander IMO is and will be the better player.

Sorry these all nighters are getting to me. Thought you said Drai and Ehlers have been bad since his rookie season.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am a big fan of willy but I am sorry it was not a good for him tonight

He is an excellent skater, that was pretty evident tonight, missed couple of changes but that give away was brutal

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008

He is an excellent skater, that was pretty evident tonight, missed couple of changes but that give away was brutal

Are you insane? He was unreal tonight! Created a ton of chances but his shot was off. Don’t see how one give away makes his night brutal... he was driving offence all night

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

When you skate with the puck that much, that's just normal. He was on it all night and something has to happen, it did. You are creating an impossible standard to diminish the effort.

Tonight was the proof that he is absolutely a top end player. We just need to see where this goes (and enjoy it)

Points don't always mean everything either.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
When you skate with the puck that much, that's just normal. He was on it all night and something has to happen, it did. You are creating an impossible standard to diminish the effort.

Tonight was the proof that he is absolutely a top end player. We just need to see where this goes (and enjoy it)

Points don't always mean everything either.

Nobody is denying his talent - he is absolutely a beast but tonight was not a great night either by him or Matthews but I request your opinion

May be I don't know what I am talking about

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Are you insane? He was unreal tonight! Created a ton of chances but his shot was off. Don’t see how one give away makes his night brutal... he was driving offence all night

I am going to take it as a compliment - and respect your opinion

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nobody is denying his talent - he is absolutely a beast but tonight was not a great night either by him or Matthews but I request your opinion

May be I don't know what I am talking about

He made a mistake. It didn't burn us and outside that pretty much had one of the best teams in the league chasing him around.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It is crazy he did not end up with any points considering how much he created and controlled the puck with ease. He was skating circles through and around guys like he was in peewee. He had bad luck when it came to finishing and also faced a great goalie tonight.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
William Nylander and the hopeless pursuit of a puck carrier.

I just loved how he imposed his will. Once he established possession nobody can catch him in tight. He even toys with them at time regulating his speed to lure them in. The guy is brilliant in deceptive and protective skating technique.

His dad probably started teaching him things he couldn't even pull off himself but learned in the league (at a young age).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad