William Nylander - The execution meister.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Sure glad it's not you in Willie's shoes, lest Babcock have to deal with what happens when you "escalate"

uYpCWic.png

That's not my MO, I would get in his face and f*** off to another team if need be. If I was a Leivo level player, well that's more tricky but Nylander is a star he gets paid and is wanted everywhere.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Tired boring message repeated in class. Lost on the students as wandering eyes check out. Babcock the simpleton "teacher" and pseudo psychologist.

You are a terrible poster and will never achieve HFBoards greatness. There is an off chance though because we see glimpses here and here. -- see that was a joke, its childish BS.

Proxy baby yeaaah. Tell us how you feel Blabcock, tell us how you feel. Gotta teach Nylander via media comments lol

See, an appropriate comparison wouldn't be calling him terrible because nothing remotely similar to that happened. An actual comparison to the content would be saying something like "Good comment. Could have used a colon before the list, but you made up for it with really good content. Obviously a really good comment."

That's not insulting or belittling or anything like that. It's pointing out an imperfection while acknowledging the overall quality.

Reactions: 4thline

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hey let's face it. Players have gone public regarding Babsocks. That's why I love Lou, no drama and macho BS. Just intellect. Something I can appreciate and hope for some of you.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Hey let's face it. Players have gone public regarding Babsocks. That's why I love Lou, no drama and macho BS. Just intellect. Something I can appreciate and hope for some of you.

Yep, I take everything Mike Commodore says with a grain of salt. #InOne #insiderrrrrrr

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
That's not my MO, I would get in his face and **** off to another team if need be. If I was a Leivo level player, well that's more tricky but Nylander is a star he gets paid and is wanted everywhere.

A petulant child is a petulant child, regardless of how much machismo they present with. We're lucky that Nylander is made of tougher stuff and is growing as a hockey player.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
A petulant child is a petulant child, regardless of how much machismo they present with. We're lucky that Nylander is made of tougher stuff and is growing as a hockey player.

OK I bet you he signs a bridge deal. Let's see if I am right. You are right though, using the media as a proxy to be negative towards a player is what a petulant child would do. Babcock should stop it and just deal with his players in private.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
OK I bet you he signs a bridge deal. Let's see if I am right. You are right though, using the media as a proxy to be negative towards a player is what a petulant child would do. Babcock should stop it and just deal with his players in private.

Yeah, he probably never talks to them in private.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah, he probably never talks to them in private.

Babcock appeals to all the lunch boxes around here. I like him off camera and when he isn't giving a free meal to Polak, Komarov etc when they are terrible.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I just think there are 23 guys on your team and you have to coach them 23 different ways. Some guys don’t fit in to what you’re going to do, but they want to do well, they’re trying. Sometimes it doesn’t work. Sometimes you don’t have a role for them, or you can’t provide them with what they want and they get disgruntled. My kids are both NCAA Division 1 athletes who want to play, and what I always say to them is: “You’re not going to let anybody take your enthusiasm away, and you’re not going to let any coach be mentally tougher than you. Coaches aren’t out to get you. They want to help you. They want to maximize your potential.” Sometimes that message gets confused. If a coach is on you? He ain’t on anybody he doesn’t like or care about. What a waste of time that would be!
Mike Babcock: 23 men, 23 ways to coach - Macleans.ca

This is a 21-year-old that Mike Babcock is playing on his top line (tied for 2nd on the team in EV TOI/G among Forwards, 3rd on the team in total TOI among Forwards...), splitting faceoff duties with our #1C while being groomed to drive his own line, and people think that our coach (often called "stubborn" for his use of veterans, and mocked for a non-existent preference for grit over skill) hates him? Good lord...

Reactions: FishManSam

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I would confront him and correct his mistake personally. It'd probably escalate lol
Hope Nylander has thick skin because I know that would get me so pissed.

That's not my MO, I would get in his face and **** off to another team if need be.

dTDEwSO.jpg

Reactions: 7even

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Babcock on nylander's potential/growth

He was forced to expand on it to help ease the drama around that dynamic. Good for him to be forthright and cerebral about the situation and status.

Sure beats the borderline assholishness post game crap.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

To be fair it takes a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You have to wonder what Willy's best seasons will look like when he has that kind of 5v5 ability AND his PP production is more akin to last year.
well this is pretty rough but if he had the same powerplay points per game as last year (.333), he'd be at 22 powerplay points. so 64 points in 66 games i guess

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
nylander-william-161002-1180.jpg

William Nylander is a hockey god, master of executing complex and endurance plays and does not get the credit he is due. What a gem and counterpart to Matthews, brilliant!

William, you are the Meister!

He is the best all-around skater I've seen in my short career watching live games in Vegas. Graceful, masterful, quick.

Reactions: thewave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad