William Nylander Discussion - 2015-2016 - Likely to Return This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
So how much do guys like Nylander, Kap, leipsic, Rantanen etc get paid if they spend a year in the A. Do they get 900k or only 100 for the year. The signing bonus is great for them as they can buy as house or someplace to live in. However 80-100 is pretty bad for hockey players especially top prospects.

A base salary of 80-100k then factor in paid out signing bonuses and team benefits. They're pretty much living the dream in Toronto as teenagers. Some people will never gross 100k in a year in their life lol

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
I hope he's just been hittin the gym hard and we see another transformation like we did over the offseason when he gets back again lol

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
This sure is taking long... I don't know if they are being extra cautious or what, but it is worrying

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
A base salary of 80-100k then factor in paid out signing bonuses and team benefits. They're pretty much living the dream in Toronto as teenagers. Some people will never gross 100k in a year in their life lol

No kidding. He might have to drive the Toyota for a couple years instead of a G-Wagon, but $100k is more than enough to live comfortably in Toronto.. and that's before his sizable signing bonus.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Wonder if he'll be back on the weekend then .. Marlies have a game tomorrow but they probably want to get him in a few full practices before game action.

They've got one Friday and one Saturday .. My bet is he plays one of those games - probably Saturday

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wonder if he'll be back on the weekend then .. Marlies have a game tomorrow but they probably want to get him in a few full practices before game action.

They've got one Friday and one Saturday .. My bet is he plays one of those games - probably Saturday

I think the Saturday game is a logical starting point for him.

OvenMittz*

My guess is they're seeing that the Marlies are still a power house without him.

And they feel no rush in bringing him in, and feel the only time he would have to play is near playoffs. So giving him enough rest and practices until he's 100%.

Marlies aren't going to lose there leading #1 spot in the league.

It will probably be another 2 weekend of practices before we see him in the line up. That's my guess. I just hope they are just being overly cautious..

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 29s29 seconds ago
Sheldon Keefe says William Nylander is likely to return in one of two games this weekend.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 29s29 seconds ago
Sheldon Keefe says William Nylander is likely to return in one of two games this weekend.

Seems like a no brainer if he's now practicing.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
My guess is they're seeing that the Marlies are still a power house without him.

And they feel no rush in bringing him in, and feel the only time he would have to play is near playoffs. So giving him enough rest and practices until he's 100%.

Marlies aren't going to lose there leading #1 spot in the league.

It will probably be another 2 weekend of practices before we see him in the line up. That's my guess. I just hope they are just being overly cautious..

I get being cautious but this seems excessive - consider he's been skating in non-contact practices for the last week or so without issues.

I think him playing this weekend is good. He'll get a few full practices in. And it's the right call to just give him one game.

bobbyt 91*

I get being cautious but this seems excessive - consider he's been skating in non-contact practices for the last week or so without issues.

I think him playing this weekend is good. He'll get a few full practices in. And it's the right call to just give him one game.

I really really hope he plays with Brown!!, won't be able to watch the game tho :( stupid hockey streams payment methods is still broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad