William Nylander Discussion - 2015-2016 - Likely to Return This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hope he comes back soon. There's been no word on if he has practiced with the Marlies or not. And he hasn't had any interviews either so I don't think he comes back on the weekend. Probably next week.

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
Why would he get those bonuses? Pretty sure that would be tied to statistical performances in the NHL, where he is not.

Finding specific performance bonus details for any given contract seems pretty secretive. He could have a bunch though including games played, making the playoffs, points, goals, assists ect. If the games played was a low amount he could reach that but without knowing any details about any of them it's just guessing.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
IIRC, ELC bonus structures are standardized.

Some yes, some no.

Nylander has bonuses in his that Marner does not (because for some reason we played hard ball)

Also...Andreas Johnson's contract is not likely to be as good as someone taken in the 1st-2nd round...

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Finding specific performance bonus details for any given contract seems pretty secretive. He could have a bunch though including games played, making the playoffs, points, goals, assists ect. If the games played was a low amount he could reach that but without knowing any details about any of them it's just guessing.

yeah but I'm pretty sure it's all NHL bonuses, I've never heard of AHL bonuses on an ELC before, said poster I quoted was talking about money he is currently earning in the AHL. He wouldn't be getting any bonuses while in the minors.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What's the difference between being activated and actually healthy enough to play?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
What's the difference between being activated and actually healthy enough to play?

Here are my thoughts on this. When Nylander went to the WJC, he was loaned to team Sweden. As was KK to Finland. They were then no longer on the active roster. When they came back, they were activated off loan. It can be seen on the AHL transactions page. Whoever reported it must have thought Nylander was being activated off IR or something instead. I could be wrong though.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I just want to hear hes's alright and score 2 G 1 A in his return or something.

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
yeah but I'm pretty sure it's all NHL bonuses, I've never heard of AHL bonuses on an ELC before, said poster I quoted was talking about money he is currently earning in the AHL. He wouldn't be getting any bonuses while in the minors.

Misread that one , sorry thought it was what kind of bonus's he could achieve if
called up.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Some yes, some no.

Nylander has bonuses in his that Marner does not (because for some reason we played hard ball)

Also...Andreas Johnson's contract is not likely to be as good as someone taken in the 1st-2nd round...

Pretty sure elc bonuses are a tiered system whereby the bonuses are understood but you have to have the tier in your contract to be able to achieve them.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
well he has had a week to practice we have heard no news of re occurring symptoms so by all accounts he should play tonight

btw anyone else think marlies games should be more televised? OHL games readily available but marlies u need leafs tv and even then not all are televised...id love to watch our young talent more often

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Pretty sure elc bonuses are a tiered system whereby the bonuses are understood but you have to have the tier in your contract to be able to achieve them.

There are GP bonuses, bonuses if you win trophies (Calder, Hart, Rocket Richard etc) and probably some more I am forgetting.

You can remove them though.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
There are GP bonuses, bonuses if you win trophies (Calder, Hart, Rocket Richard etc) and probably some more I am forgetting.

You can remove them though.

What do you mean remove them?

You mean not offer them in the contract?

I'm not sure you can remove something from a contract once it is agreed to?

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/william-nylander/

William Nylander signed a 3 year / $5,325,000 contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs, including a $277,500 signing bonus, and an annual average salary of $1,775,000. In 2015-16, Nylander will earn a base salary of $832,500. Nylander has a cap hit of $894,167.

Of course to get the NHL money he has to be in the NHL, but the signing bonus is for signing.

Dermott:
Travis Dermott signed a 3 year / $2,775,000 contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs, including a $277,500 signing bonus, and an annual average salary of $925,000. In 2015-16, Dermott will earn a base salary of $832,500 and a signing bonus of $92,500. Dermott has a cap hit of $925,000.

That signing bonus would help Nylander pay for the cost of living in Toronto while in the A.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
What do you mean remove them?

You mean not offer them in the contract?

I'm not sure you can remove something from a contract once it is agreed to?

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/william-nylander/

Of course to get the NHL money he has to be in the NHL, but the signing bonus is for signing.

Dermott:

That signing bonus would help Nylander pay for the cost of living in Toronto while in the A.

So how much do guys like Nylander, Kap, leipsic, Rantanen etc get paid if they spend a year in the A. Do they get 900k or only 100 for the year. The signing bonus is great for them as they can buy as house or someplace to live in. However 80-100 is pretty bad for hockey players especially top prospects.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's been out for almost a full month now, curious and nervous to see how long he's going to be out for beyond January 26th.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I just think there being extra cautious. There's no rush at all given how the Marlies have played. And it lets them see what other players can step up in his absence.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So how much do guys like Nylander, Kap, leipsic, Rantanen etc get paid if they spend a year in the A. Do they get 900k or only 100 for the year. The signing bonus is great for them as they can buy as house or someplace to live in. However 80-100 is pretty bad for hockey players especially top prospects.

anyone on a 2 way ELC gets their AHL pay, so yeah 80-100k, which isn't going to have anyone living the rich lifestyle but it's more than enough to easily live for a year, especially once you add the signing bonuses onto that. These kids have nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad