Will you boycott the rest of the season?

Will you boycott the rest of the season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Boycotting the rest of the season means:
- Not watching another game (live or on TV)
- Not buying any Canucks merchandise

I was only following the Canucks because of Boeser. With the poor treatment of the medical staff and now that he is out for the rest of the season, there is no sense wasting three hours on hockey each game in a meaningless season. It doesn't motivate me either with a disappointing trade deadline by Benning and Linden and the team's poor direction.

I'm boycotting, are you?

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I have a standing promise to my second kid to take her to her first NHL game. She is hardly of discerning taste and the tickets can't get cheaper. Other than that.....I'm going to enjoy the tank. So no.....I suppose that is not a boycott.

It's voyeurism.

Kickpuncher

Nov 7, 2017
NYC/Vancouver
Boycott? No, not deliberately.

But the Canucks in their current state are so uninspiring, so boring to watch, and set up so hopelessly futilely for the near future that they've actively expunged any natural desire I had to watch them.

It would take a lot for me to actively boycott this team. That would imply that I actually cared about it to as great a degree as I once did.

Now they've just induced apathy in me, which is so much worse.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I stream games and don't live in Vancouver, so as far as the Canucks are concerned I've been boycotting them for years.

This team certainly doesn't make me want to tune in though.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Nah. I'll watch the games for the individual players that I think has a future here (Leipsic, Horvat, Virtanen, Stecher, etc). I feel like this team could turn it around as early as next season, so I'll tune in to see how the young players perform.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i would have paid to see last night's game, preferably with boeser as a healthy scratch. whatever else it was, it was entertaining.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England

I was only following the Canucks because of Boeser. With the poor treatment of the medical staff and now that he is out for the rest of the season, there is no sense wasting three hours on hockey each game in a meaningless season. It doesn't motivate me either with a disappointing trade deadline by Benning and Linden and the team's poor direction.

I'm boycotting, are you?
Overreaction much :ha:

Perhaps you could go and keep BKVCU company.

Reactions: coldsteel79

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Nah. I'll watch the games for the individual players that I think has a future here (Leipsic, Horvat, Virtanen, Stecher, etc). I feel like this team could turn it around as early as next season, so I'll tune in to see how the young players perform.

Yes and we might see Demko and Gaudette for a couple of games.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
No, I am excited to get a look at some of our young players who we are going to have no choice but go play.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com

I'm boycotting, are you?
No sure if boycotting is the right word. After that horrid Boeser injury i've lost all interest to be honest. Probably will watch the Arizona games for tank purposes of course. Other than that, dunno.

Blackjackz

Jun 23, 2008
Vancouver, BC
giphy.gif

Reactions: PassLikeA10YrOldBoy

manroth19

May 20, 2015
I’ll happily cheer on the tank. Besides that I’m interested enough to see if jake can continue to elevate his game, to see if lipstick is the real deal or just a couple game hot streak, lately I’ve been really impressed with stechers compete level. Could care less about the likes of sedins edler guddy etc especially goldy, he’s almost useless

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'll watch the games but I won't spend a penny on tickets or merchandise until we either get new management or we start to trade assets for picks. I will still cheer for the players though. Just won't reward an owner or management group who aren't fully committed to a proper rebuild and who continue to bleed away picks.
I'll wait to see whether there are any trades for picks before the draft as well.
Could salvage the TDL then as we got Leipsic which looks like a good move but we still need more picks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad