Will you boycott the rest of the season?

Will you boycott the rest of the season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Apparently, I've been boycotting the team for a while now, according to that criteria.

Buying Canucks merchandise has always felt like a silly idea to me, personally, even when the team was in its prime.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
And theres no more chance or time to get.more picks before the draft right ?

Oh wait there is.

When draft picks are at their peak value?

This is how people lose money on the stock market, buy high and sell low. That's Benning's motto.

By the way, I noticed you never responded to your flip flop being pointed out. What happened to "we will be getting a 3rd round pick for Vanek or else it's a disappointment" schtick?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Enjoying watching Virtanen and Leipsic play. Horvat is always good to watch. But not much else at this stage. A lot of the questions I had at the beginning of the year have been answered. Aside from Stecher none of the young D look like they're going to be world beaters. Markstrom is what he is...an average NHL goalie on a team with poor D.
I'll do what I usually do...PVR and watch in 30 minutes if it's a bad game. Take my time going through it if it's a good game. I've been to two games this year and won't be going again.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
When draft picks are at their peak value?

This is how people lose money on the stock market, buy high and sell low. That's Benning's motto.

By the way, I noticed you never responded to your flip flop being pointed out. What happened to "we will be getting a 3rd round pick for Vanek or else it's a disappointment" schtick?

Draft picks are peak value if you have assets to trade.

We clearly do not w. An injured Tanev and a struggling Hutton.

As for Vanek, i misjudged the markets need for him.. very happy we didnt let him walk for nothing.

Re Signing him isnt an option as he has gone on record saying he wants a NTC with his next.contract.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Oooooh wow, they won one game. Give Benning an extension!!! :laugh:

FMG0DCB.gif

Reactions: drax0s

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Draft picks are peak value if you have assets to trade.

We clearly do not w. An injured Tanev and a struggling Hutton.

As for Vanek, i misjudged the markets need for him.. very happy we didnt let him walk for nothing.

Re Signing him isnt an option as he has gone on record saying he wants a NTC with his next.contract.

No, draft picks are at peak value on draft day.

If the Canucks don't have assets to trade for draft picks then obviously Benning did a terrible job because this is his team that he put together. If he put together a team of worthless players (well that explains why the team is so bad in the standings) that's on him.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
LMAO...you're the poster boy for flip flopping..Apparently,you were 'done' after the extension..
Well sure, I ate my words and watched two games because I really like Leipsic even before we got him, so? How is this relevant to you calling OP a bandwagoner?
Let me remind you that the word “bandwagoner” means fans who only follow the team when the team is good. I don’t know about the OP but me personally, have sit through the past 3 seasons just like most of the Benning haters.
But sure us haters who refuse to watch the product under this management are bandwagoners

Last edited:

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
No, draft picks are at peak value on draft day.

If the Canucks don't have assets to trade for draft picks then obviously Benning did a terrible job because this is his team that he put together. If he put together a team of worthless players (well that explains why the team is so bad in the standings) that's on him.

Tanev and Hutton or Edler or Sedins or whoever has any worth trading isnt Benning guys. He inherited them.

Guys like MDZ and Gagner will get us draft picks or assets when the term of their short term contacts are expiring.

He is re building the core now.

Reactions: coldsteel79

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Tanev and Hutton or Edler or Sedins or whoever has any worth trading isnt Benning guys. He inherited them.

Guys like MDZ and Gagner will get us draft picks or assets when the term of their short term contacts are expiring.

He is re building the core now.

So you admit the only valuable pieces this team has aren't guys Benning brought in? Then why should Benning continue in his role?

You say MDZ and Gagner will get us draft picks, but you also said Vanek would too. What happened there? Are you going to flip flop again when Benning doesn't get picks for these guys, just like you did with Vanek? Also, why were they given term if this team is rebuilding?

Also, glutting the team with veterans and ending up so bad that you get a good player with a high draft pick doesn't mean Benning is rebuilding the core. It means he's bad at his job and was given a gift by the NHL.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
So you admit the only valuable pieces this team has aren't guys Benning brought in? Then why should Benning continue in his role?

You say MDZ and Gagner will get us draft picks, but you also said Vanek would too. What happened there? Are you going to flip flop again when Benning doesn't get picks for these guys, just like you did with Vanek? Also, why were they given term if this team is rebuilding?

Also, glutting the team with veterans and ending up so bad that you get a good player with a high draft pick doesn't mean Benning is rebuilding the core. It means he's bad at his job and was given a gift by the NHL.

Nop. Im saying the Benning guys arent up for trades.. guys like Boeser Virtanen Pettersson Demko etc.

The rest of his guys will be judged based on the free asset or draft pick they return when their contract is up.

Although MDZ has been a good signing regardless as hes playing top 4 minutes and being asked to take on above his pay grade.

Gagner will definitely need to return something when his contract is up to be considered a good signing.

When all is said and done...benning got his extension that i felt he deserves. Now its just time to see if his direction will lead us somewhere.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012

This team was in an absolute dumpster fire of a situation when Benning took over. NTCs every which way you look and nobody of really of any value. The guys that did have SOME value, he moved and got rather good returns for them namely Burrows and Hansen.

I refuse to believe some fans looked at this team when Benning took over and said "well... they should have this completely turned around in a couple short years". This whole disaster and finishing at the bottom of the standings was a long time coming. I remember staring at the roster being like "omg who on Earth is going to score goals on this team when the Sedins aren't here". Now we finally have our answer. This team is in an amazing position and I haven't been this excited about the Canucks future for probably my entire life. Pettersson looks amazing as does Boeser, Demko, Horvat, Gaudette, etc. Sure there's still going to be a few more bumps down the road, but there's a light at the end of this tunnel and when we went into the tunnel I wasn't sure when we'd see the light.

How do you think teams build up a good core? It's by sucking and drafting well. There may be a few exceptions to that rule on both sides, but the majority of top teams in the league are built around terrific hockey players picked very early in the draft. Has Benning missed a couple picks? Sure, but he's knocked a few out of the park. It's not a perfect science and it never will be. We've got arguably the best player not playing in the NHL in our system. That's without having a shred of luck go our way in a draft lottery as well. I'll take it. I'm on board.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Nop. Im saying the Benning guys arent up for trades.. guys like Boeser Virtanen Pettersson Demko etc.

The rest of his guys will be judged based on the free asset or draft pick they return when their contract is up.

Although MDZ has been a good signing regardless as hes playing top 4 minutes and being asked to take on above his pay grade.

Gagner will definitely need to return something when his contract is up to be considered a good signing.

When all is said and done...benning got his extension that i felt he deserves. Now its just time to see if his direction will lead us somewhere.

What about Baertschi? Sutter? Eriksson? Granlund? Dowd? Gudbranson?

MDZ had not been good. Neither has Gagner. Yet you're certain they'll bring back picks? Just like you were certain Vanek would bring back a pick and flip flopped when he didn't? You seem to be ignoring that point.

Reactions: pomorick

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This team was in an absolute dumpster fire of a situation when Benning took over. NTCs every which way you look and nobody of really of any value. The guys that did have SOME value, he moved and got rather good returns for them namely Burrows and Hansen.

I refuse to believe some fans looked at this team when Benning took over and said "well... they should have this completely turned around in a couple short years". This whole disaster and finishing at the bottom of the standings was a long time coming. I remember staring at the roster being like "omg who on Earth is going to score goals on this team when the Sedins aren't here". Now we finally have our answer. This team is in an amazing position and I haven't been this excited about the Canucks future for probably my entire life. Pettersson looks amazing as does Boeser, Demko, Horvat, Gaudette, etc. Sure there's still going to be a few more bumps down the road, but there's a light at the end of this tunnel and when we went into the tunnel I wasn't sure when we'd see the light.

How do you think teams build up a good core? It's by sucking and drafting well. There may be a few exceptions to that rule on both sides, but the majority of top teams in the league are built around terrific hockey players picked very early in the draft. Has Benning missed a couple picks? Sure, but he's knocked a few out of the park. It's not a perfect science and it never will be. We've got arguably the best player not playing in the NHL in our system. That's without having a shred of luck go our way in a draft lottery as well. I'll take it. I'm on board.

Benning took over this team and said he could turn it around quickly. The team was actually in a good spot where they had a lot of cap space and a lot of moveable assets. Had we stockpiled youth and picks, and didn't f*** up our draft picks, this rebuild would be over. Instead here we are and it still hasn't started.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Benning took over this team and said he could turn it around quickly. The team was actually in a good spot where they had a lot of cap space and a lot of moveable assets. Had we stockpiled youth and picks, and didn't **** up our draft picks, this rebuild would be over. Instead here we are and it still hasn't started.

Please. That's his job to say that. If anyone believed it could really be done overnight they were dreaming. If Benning told ownership it could be done overnight, do you really think he'd still be here?

Cap space? To do what with lol...

They didn't have a lot of moveable assets what are you talking about??? The assets that were actually moveable, he moved.

This rebuild is well underway so I don't really understand what your issue is. We have high end talent coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad