Will you boycott the rest of the season?

Will you boycott the rest of the season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
No, and for right now the main reason is that I want to see if Virtanen and Leipsic are going to become legit NHL regular forwards, like they both appear to be transforming into. That's entertaining enough for me at the moment.

There's not a heck of a lot else to get excited about right now, though. But hey, there are up times and down times. That's what being a fan of a team is about. No big deal.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Teams not hard to boycott.

They are pretty god damn miserable to watch.

Right, but it's not boycotting if you simply don't go out of the way to watch the team or refuse to buy their merchandise when you normally would.

Don't know about you, but it takes a lot for me to boycott something. I guess I just don't take things so seriously as the OP.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Basically this... Jim acquired someone who looks like could be a really good fit, makes next to nothing, and is signed for next year. Vanek was worthless. I don't really understand what people are so uptight about with the trade deadline.
Beacause 5th round picks are magical golden things.

Reactions: Nomobo

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

Good job fans

This is an overlooked positive of the current regime. A lot of people who didnt go to games because they were too expensive under competent management can instead not go to games because we're terrible under current management.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Personally, I wouldn’t use the word boycott for myself. I’ve watched virtually all the games this year so far. However, what else is there left. It’s supposed to be entertainment after all. Virtanen is a good story I guess, and Bo keeps trucking on. But beyond that, it’s another hopeless finish well out of the playoffs. Will be stat watching on NHL.com pretty much the rest of the way unless Gaudette dons the jersey.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
No, draft picks are at peak value on draft day.

If the Canucks don't have assets to trade for draft picks then obviously Benning did a terrible job because this is his team that he put together. If he put together a team of worthless players (well that explains why the team is so bad in the standings) that's on him.
You do realize that there are draft picks available for 2019 as well, I could care less if they don’t get more 2018 picks, load up on 2019 ones.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yes, you support THE TEAM, you don't have to support management, it is possible to do both without flouncing around like prima donnas as certain posters do on here.
Funny cause pro Benning crowd are the one that flip flop their statement most frequently.
Benning haters like us, even though we cheer for the tank and boycott the games, we always stand on our own opinion, which is “Lindenning should be fired”

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Oh, let me guess
Too many negativities is the reason why this team sucks?
Chanting “Go Canucks Go” is suddenly going to make this team not the laughing stock ?

For someone who voted yes on"boycotting the season" you spend a lot of energy on the Canucks board.

Reactions: Zippgunn

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Oh, let me guess
Too many negativities is the reason why this team sucks?
Chanting “Go Canucks Go” is suddenly going to make this team not the laughing stock ?

Why are you so obsessed w. " the laughing stock" of the league? Do you lose sleep over that ? What does it matter what other franchises and fanbases think of the Canucks ??

Why do you seek their approval?

In 2011 did you care who was at the bottom and was considered the "laughing stock" of the league then.

I didnt. Not sure why it would matter.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

Yeah but that's like saying I am boycotting xyz crappy pizza chain because they pizza tastes bad.

Boycotting and simply not partacking are 2 different things. On requires action, the other just inaction.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

True. If you watch live it is pretty slow team.
Vancouver is also a terrible possession team.

Fans dont want to see a team trapped in their zone for a majority of the game, which vancouver does a lot as they cannot get the puck of their own zone very successful without icing it or shooting it off the glass.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Wait...

Im confused...

Why are some posters who voted they will boycott the rest of the season from anything Canucks related, still posting on the Canucks board???
Because they didn't do that, that was something that you added yourself-- the OP gave a very loose definition of "boycott" that didn't involve avoiding everything Canucks related.

Last edited:

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
We're not renewing our 5 tickets next year, for the first time in close to 20 years... The value just isn't there... nor is their promised future realistic enough to continue to help fund and support. We might get VSO seasons instead. That's how far down the list the Canucks value proposition is to us.

It's up to those who support the direction to now vote with their dollars. Give Benning and co. the vote of confidence they need to sustain their direction longer term. Talk of support online is cheap, and not very helpful in the grand scheme of things... vote a "yes, we support" with your money. It's up to you to keep the building full.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
It's a better product this season than the last two years. I say that as a disgruntled, self loathing Canucks fan for at least 20 years. We still have a long way to go, but I do see hope in the horizon. The problem with that is a lot of that hope is based on Pettersson, Gaudette, and Juolevi actually contributing and living up to their potential. An elite franchise d-man like Dahlin is really what this team desperately needs (and has never, ever had). But that's just hoping for lottery balls to fall in our favor.

I'm still at odds with the management group with how they have constructed this team. Pro scouting is laughable, asset management is just bad, and Jim Benning is an utter buffoon. For a multi-million dollar franchise, management should be more direct with their goals and exude confidence. Teams like Detroit have had better regular season success since Benning took over but still have a boatload of draft picks they have acquired. If we're talking about lottery balls falling in our favor, how about acquiring lottery tickets to increase our odds? Success isn't just predicated on 1st round selections (ask Edmonton fans), it's also about finding those later round gems, which seemingly to Benning's credit, he's done a semi-decent job at. It's not perfect but it's a start.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Canucks have not seen a cent of my money since the 2nd year of the Benning era. Well, I did buy many beers when I went to games but the tickets were free.

Now, I won't even take free tickets at work because the games are so boring. The only way I'll go now if it's box seats for free.

At home, if the game is blacked out on Center Ice, I don't have the desire to go hunt down a stream.
So I guess I'm partially boycotting. I'll still watch when the game is on Center Ice just to see how Boeser and Horvat are doing but it has been months since I've watched a full game.

I guess apathy would be the word to describe it and it's really sad...before the Benning days, I've watched/listened to every single game since the first lockout...either live or a replay or just radio. Now I just don't care and I'm not the only one. The empty seats in the building agree with me:
The product on the ice is absolute garbage and so are most of the players Benning acquired.

And I will only get a new jersey once Benning is canned.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad