Will you boycott the rest of the season?

Will you boycott the rest of the season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Please. That's his job to say that. If anyone believed it could really be done overnight they were dreaming. If Benning told ownership it could be done overnight, do you really think he'd still be here?

Cap space? To do what with lol...

They didn't have a lot of moveable assets what are you talking about??? The assets that were actually moveable, he moved.

This rebuild is well underway so I don't really understand what your issue is. We have high end talent coming.
If you don’t understand why this team is the laughing stock around the league, then you never will

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Well sure, I ate my words and watched two games because I really like Leipsic even before we got him, so? How is this relevant to you calling OP a bandwagoner?
Let me remind you that the word “bandwagoner” means fans who only follow the team when the team is good. I don’t know about the OP but me personally, have sit through the past 3 seasons just like most of the Benning haters.
But sure us haters who refuse to watch the product under this management are bandwagoners
If you don't like the team,you don't like the management or the players..then don't follow the team....Nobodys forcing you to watch.

What I don't get,is posters who feel that they have to make a grand announcement (some even have to create a thread about it) that they are 'done ' with the team..Who the f*** cares..??...Just go.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If you don't like the team,you don't like the management or the players..then don't follow the team....Nobodys forcing you to watch.

What I don't get,is posters who feel that they have to make a grand announcement (some even have to create a thread about it) that they are 'done ' with the team..Who the **** cares..??...Just go.
Last time I check, people have the right to post a thread to express their thoughts in this country.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Please. That's his job to say that. If anyone believed it could really be done overnight they were dreaming. If Benning told ownership it could be done overnight, do you really think he'd still be here?

Cap space? To do what with lol...

They didn't have a lot of moveable assets what are you talking about??? The assets that were actually moveable, he moved.

This rebuild is well underway so I don't really understand what your issue is. We have high end talent coming.

Except the moves he made were consistent with those statements.

Benning is still here because Linden threatened to resign if he wasn't extended.

Cap space can be used to acquire prospects and picks. Does this need to be explained to you?

They had a ton of moveable assets, and most have been moved. Benning just wasted most of them on garbage.

How is the rebuild well underway when they are glutting the team with veterans and trading away picks and prospects? There's a difference between rebuilding and just plain sucking.

Reactions: Hemty

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
If you don’t understand why this team is the laughing stock around the league, then you never will

I think most teams in the league are envious of our prospect pool we've built in the past couple years and that's without even having a single top 3 pick...

Last time I check, people have the right to post a thread to express their thoughts in this country.

They do. They also have the right to be critical of the team. And they also have the right to stop watching altogether.

We don't care if you don't watch. Go nuts. Just don't wave your arms around to try and get attention while doing so.

Reactions: PassLikeA10YrOldBoy

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I think most teams in the league are envious of our prospect pool we've built in the past couple years and that's without even having a single top 3 pick...

They do. They also have the right to be critical of the team. And they also have the right to stop watching altogether.

We don't care if you don't watch. Go nuts. Just don't wave your arms around to try and get attention while doing so.

Remember Edmonton? They had better prospects than we currently do when they had all those 1st round picks. How did that work out for them?

There's more to building a team than just a couple big name prospects that the NHL gifts bad teams like the Canucks.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I've cancelled my tickets for next year and given away pretty much every game this year for free (when I can find someone to take them).

I will still follow but will not make this team a priority nor waste my money on them until things change.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Why would I boycott the rest of the season? Aren't you all the same people who want the Canucks to tank for a high draft pick? You're going to get your high pick, so why all the bitching and whining?

I'm going to tomorrow's game, for free, and then I have ice-pack tickets to Friday's game too. I love the Canucks. No, they're not perfect, and I would probably do things differently (and screw up even worse), but they're my hockey team.

Y'all, of course, are entitled to your opinion, but I think that based on the results of the question it appears we have a few drama queens kicking around.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I went to the game last night and other than the first, it was very entertaining (though watching Barzal in the first was fun). And good tickets are dirt cheap and you can get them last minute no problem. It costs more to go a movie. So no, I won't be boycotting.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
not really boycotting but I have lost complete interest this season ever since December. I will however watch again next year when Pettersson, Gaudette make the line up and the possibility of Dahlin ;)

Reactions: JuniorNelson

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Nope. As much as it sucks to be a basement dweller it is still fun to follow the team. By the end of the summer I am hockey starved itching for the start of the season. I am enjoying rooting the team on and watching our young players take steps.

Horvat is producing at a higher rate than ever. Is Jake turning the corner? Leipsic is a gong show that is pure fun to watch. This may be the end of the Sedins career and it’s not something I want to turn away from.

Most nights win or lose I come away entertained.

Besides if I don’t watch, how will I know what you lot are babbling on about.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Paying attention the same vague amount I have been since 2013 when I realized it would be at least 5-8 years before the team was competing again.

Will probably watch a few games down the stretch.

Reactions: elwin316

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Well sure, I ate my words and watched two games because I really like Leipsic even before we got him, so? How is this relevant to you calling OP a bandwagoner?
Let me remind you that the word “bandwagoner” means fans who only follow the team when the team is good. I don’t know about the OP but me personally, have sit through the past 3 seasons just like most of the Benning haters.
But sure us haters who refuse to watch the product under this management are bandwagoners
The boy who cried wolf. Great children's book. Can't really believe what you say anymore after claiming you were "done".

Reactions: PassLikeA10YrOldBoy

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The boy who cried wolf. Great children's book. Can't really believe what you say anymore after claiming you were "done".
It’s okay, I don’t need anyone believe my personal feeling posts anyway. Cause I usually either comments on what is actually happening or I post authorized tweets
I think that’s thread was the first time I let my feelings out

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Spewing bile? Why? Because I don't support a management that spends over the cap on one of the worst teams in the NHL?

Nah, that's garden variety hater stuff. I don't think you're going to find anyone here who thinks Aquaman and Jimbo have gotten their money's worth with this squad. Plenty of people here hate the front office, coaching, scouting and medical staff. Generally, that's what fans of last place teams do.

But you are pretty much the only one here that has repeatedly wished the worst on nearly every player and prospect and gleefully speculated on trading away our first round pick for some crap player just to create the scorched earth scenario that you believe will finally run this regime out of town. Nearly every single comment I read of yours is full of bile for everything Canuck. Honestly, I thought you were proud of that stance.

Reactions: Nomobo

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Nope.

I may dislike the team's management, but the Canucks are still my team through thick and thin. Probably makes me a glutton for punishment, but there it is.

Exactly this. I may not like the decision making process with management right now, but the Canucks are still the only team. I may complain a lot, but hey... means I still care about this team.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Nah, that's garden variety hater stuff. I don't think you're going to find anyone here who thinks Aquaman and Jimbo have gotten their money's worth with this squad. Plenty of people here hate the front office, coaching, scouting and medical staff. Generally, that's what fans of last place teams do.

But you are pretty much the only one here that has repeatedly wished the worst on nearly every player and prospect and gleefully speculated on trading away our first round pick for some crap player just to create the scorched earth scenario that you believe will finally run this regime out of town. Nearly every single comment I read of yours is full of bile for everything Canuck. Honestly, I thought you were proud of that stance.

Wished for failure? Not so much. Accurately predicted failure? Sure. And yes, now I do want Linden and Benning to continue with their stupidity so all those who were happy Benning was re-signed get what they deserve: a rotten hockey team, because that's exactly what they asked for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad