Will The AHL Add a 33rd Team to Fix the Carolina Problem?

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Owner really seems like a piece garbage.

Definitely seems like not a man of his word and he’s better than everyone else

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Canes are buying a team. Had a deal in place but the owner backed out at the last second in November. Working on a second deal now that may be finalized in a month.
It’s hard to Imagine that many teams(With relationships with independently owned franchises) outside of Florida and Maybe Nashville being cool with a Wolves or nothing scenario. The Blues and T-Birds seem to have a Happy Working Relationship and there is bad blood between both them and Chicago.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Chicago Wolves will likely never affiliate with an NHL team unless it's likely an expansion team. Vegas was a good fit given the consistent flights coming both ways, but that's a ship that sailed. Vegas just made their team a lot more desirable to play for by bringing one to Henderson. Thought the Panthers and Wolves would've been a good fit.

That being said, I don't know the stats for ECHL teams, but it might be a great idea for the AHL to expand to somewhere like Cincinatti unless it's strictly for the ECHL. Would say Jacksonville or Orlando but that'll likely never happen. Don't know where Carolina would put their minor league team if not Charlotte.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
The Chicago Wolves will likely never affiliate with an NHL team unless it's likely an expansion team. Vegas was a good fit given the consistent flights coming both ways, but that's a ship that sailed. Vegas just made their team a lot more desirable to play for by bringing one to Henderson. Thought the Panthers and Wolves would've been a good fit.

That being said, I don't know the stats for ECHL teams, but it might be a great idea for the AHL to expand to somewhere like Cincinatti unless it's strictly for the ECHL. Would say Jacksonville or Orlando but that'll likely never happen. Don't know where Carolina would put their minor league team if not Charlotte.
Oh, the AHL ain't going back to Cincy after that long Mighty Ducks/Cyclones war.

If Carolina gets an AHL team, it'll probably be either propped up in the Midwest for travel, or somewhere like Greensboro where it would not matter about the attendance.

Reactions: DaveG and Roadhog

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Sorry if it's a needless bump for this thread. But based on this, it seems as though the Wolves are searching for a NHL affiliate.

When do you start preparing for ’24-25?

“I started looking at next season last year. You look ahead as to who will be available. We’re trying to get some stuff done with a possible NHL affiliation very soon. Hopefully, it all falls into place again and we get back to some normalcy of the Chicago Wolves and winning.”

Would being affiliated with an NHL team make your job easier?

“A lot easier, just because there are NHL contracts and prospects and first-rounders and guys like that. It would make my life a lot easier.”

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Sorry if it's a needless bump for this thread. But based on this, it seems as though the Wolves are searching for a NHL affiliate.

Carolina should look at them and go "Aw, hell no!"

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Carolina should look at them and go "Aw, hell no!"
Their is some speculation that Carolina bought a franchise currently in the playoffs a while ago and the affiliate that is getting pushed out is the one talking to Wolves and the sale will be announced when the team is eliminated.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Their is some speculation that Carolina bought a franchise currently in the playoffs a while ago and the affiliate that is getting pushed out is the one talking to Wolves and the sale will be announced when the team is eliminated.
Sounds like a potential good solution for everyone. Carolina can have an affiliate they control so they stop getting these messy divorces, Chicago can be affiliated with someone again and have players on NHL deals and get back to being competitive.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad