Will Parise and Clarkson be booed at the Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
That may have been one of the worst off-seasons in team history

Stevens retired, Nieds left, Burns couldn't coach any longer, Patty got hepatitis

We're talking about losing 2 HOFers, 1 should be, and 1 who can make a fairly strong case that missed the first half of the season - how we handled it was a very important point in the teams history because that could have easily broken us and set the franchise in the wrong direction

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
That may have been one of the worst off-seasons in team history

Stevens retired, Nieds left, Burns couldn't coach any longer, Patty got hepatitis

We're talking about losing 2 HOFers, 1 should be, and 1 who can make a fairly strong case that missed the first half of the season - how we handled it was a very important point in the teams history because that could have easily broken us and set the franchise in the wrong direction

I know that rang a hollow *THUD* to me when it all played out. It felt like all the air left the room when I realized just how devastating any one of those elements could be let alone how bad it would be when all of them did.

s-WORLDS-MOST-DEPRESSED-CAT-large.jpg

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
Cannot boo Clarkson for this alone...

Parise on the other hand, I wouldn't have any voice left by the end of the game. All I remember him for is missing a wide open net in Game 1 of the SCF that would have put us up 2-1 in the game (and I'm not confusing it with Fayne). He should not have accepted the C since he knew he was leaving. If a SCF run didn't keep him here, it was obvious he already long had plans to go.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the question is, if parise was a FA right now instead of last offseason, and we offered him a similar but not as ridiculous salary…would he have re-signed? this team made improvements in leaps and bounds this summer…at ZP’s salary, we probably would have had to let clarky walk and not sign clowe.

so, would zach have resigned, knowing our defensive depth, goalie for the future and offensive upgrades? I still say no, but honestly it could’ve gone either way

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
the question is, if parise was a FA right now instead of last offseason, and we offered him a similar but not as ridiculous salary…would he have re-signed? this team made improvements in leaps and bounds this summer…at ZP’s salary, we probably would have had to let clarky walk and not sign clowe.

so, would zach have resigned, knowing our defensive depth, goalie for the future and offensive upgrades? I still say no, but honestly it could’ve gone either way

I doubt it. Playing at home and getting $10M checks on July 1 2013 and 2014 is pretty sweet. I don't think we could touch that.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Cannot boo Clarkson for this alone...

Parise on the other hand, I wouldn't have any voice left by the end of the game. All I remember him for is missing a wide open net in Game 1 of the SCF that would have put us up 2-1 in the game (and I'm not confusing it with Fayne). He should not have accepted the C since he knew he was leaving. If a SCF run didn't keep him here, it was obvious he already long had plans to go.

:laugh: I'll miss Clarkie.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

We were coming off a stanley cup run, while Minny was a non playoff team. I don't think surrounding talent was the issue.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
We were coming off a stanley cup run, while Minny was a non playoff team. I don't think surrounding talent was the issue.

idk, i think he knew how lucky we were to get to the finals. if the fans knew it was *somewhat* of a fluke/cindarella run, the players had to.

i really do think he wouldve considered nj more after our roster changes.

either way, still going to boo the bejesus out of him, although that doesnt really do anything

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I have no problem with Clarkson, but Zach can go **** himself.

i'll take that one farther. im going to watch him warm up in NJ. ill clap when he has the puck. i like the day. started from the bottom, but now he here

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I doubt it. Playing at home and getting $10M checks on July 1 2013 and 2014 is pretty sweet. I don't think we could touch that.

Yep, I agree.

The better question is with the new CBA in place, what would parise have done? I don't think the outlook of the team really mattered.

Mory Schneideur*

Clarkie: No.
Parise: You bet your arse.

Parise was the captain, came off a SCF and lied to everyone about how he wants to stay only to spit in our faces and leave. That "family" crap is BS Bc all players get the entire summer off to do whatever & during the season they focus on playing anyways.

Clarkie was pretty straight forward tbh.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
idk, i think he knew how lucky we were to get to the finals. if the fans knew it was *somewhat* of a fluke/cindarella run, the players had to.

i really do think he wouldve considered nj more after our roster changes.

either way, still going to boo the bejesus out of him, although that doesnt really do anything

I actually think Kovy was part of the issue.

But going home to make big $$$ is probably the bigger part of the story.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't remember Parise missing an open net but I do remember him stupidly kicking a puck into the net when someone (Zajac iirc) could have had a tap-in goal. I think it was third period Game 1.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't remember Parise missing an open net but I do remember him stupidly kicking a puck into the net when someone (Zajac iirc) could have had a tap-in goal. I think it was third period Game 1.

U mean threw it into the net. As dumb and desperate a play as I've seen.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Parise: I will boo him mercilessly from the intros through every single time he touches the puck. When he is thinking about touching the puck on the bench, I will be thinking of my next set of catcalls. Leaving us is one thing, but the way he played us along and managed to screw two fanbases at once (our friends in Nashville) is unforgivable. May he play in Cupless mediocrity for the remainder of his days.

Clarkson: He merits a golf clap during intros and nothing more or less. Did not string fans along with some nonsensical charade. Still amazed he commanded that payday but good for him.

On a related note, we need to start taking players' origins into account given the "I'm coming home" shenanigans the Devils have faced lately. Good thing Boston signed Rask long term, at least we do not have to worry about Schneider pining for the brisk New England air of his youth.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Parise: I will boo him mercilessly from the intros through every single time he touches the puck. When he is thinking about touching the puck on the bench, I will be thinking of my next set of catcalls. Leaving us is one thing, but the way he played us along and managed to screw two fanbases at once (our friends in Nashville) is unforgivable. May he play in Cupless mediocrity for the remainder of his days.

Clarkson: He merits a golf clap during intros and nothing more or less. Did not string fans along with some nonsensical charade. Still amazed he commanded that payday but good for him.

On a related note, we need to start taking players' origins into account given the "I'm coming home" shenanigans the Devils have faced lately. Good thing Boston signed Rask long term, at least we do not have to worry about Schneider pining for the brisk New England air of his youth.

Unless the Whalers find a way to come back... lol.

I'm not going to be shocked at all if Clarkson gets a "SUCKS" during player intros but I know I won't boo him. Why should he be booed? Yes he left but...come on we would be lamenting if Lou gave him the same contract Nonis gave him. Clarky is getting paid the same as Evander Kane and making more then Bergeron if I'm not mistaken. That's just...ouch.

Sucks he's gone but in heinsight I think it's for the best. He didn't dick us like Zach did. I'll never forget him saying "don't worry" to all those fans chanting "Don't Go Zach" that greeted the team after game 6. Meanwhile having his destination all in his head regardless.

Clarkson wasn't a slimeball like Parise was. He talks of this organization with this upmost respect and even though he left for the money and to go home I don't have the same hate for him as I do Zach. To me Parise is the new Scott Gomez :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've never watched that play again since watching it live when it happened. All Zach had to do was slightly lift the puck an inch or two, or shovel it past Quick's stick.

Add that to Kovy's post with 18 seconds left in game 2, and Pavelski's brutal puck right into Quick's glove this year, to the number of instances of how many lucky breaks the Kings got the last two years (More particularly in the 2013 playoffs though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad