Will Parise and Clarkson be booed at the Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB Devils23*

I personally won't boo either of them. Both left for similar reasons. I can't get too upset about them leaving to play for their home towns. What do you guys think?

DevilChuk*

I personally won't boo either of them. Both left for similar reasons. I can't get too upset about them leaving to play for their home towns. What do you guys think?

Parise yes.

Clarskon nah.

The way they left is the deciding factor for me.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Parise mercilessly. The whole thing. Especially if we are winning "Kovy's better" "We dont need you" Booing everytime he touches the puck. Constant swear words at him , the whole 9 yards

Clarkson, nah

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Yes and yes.

Now should they, no and no. They both gave us some great play while here but the both left to play for there home team. I know I'll get flamed for saying that about Parise but I firmly believe it was very hard for Zach to make the decision to leave, but if I was in his shoes and played for the Wild and the Devils offered me a boatload of money to come home (and a friend of mine as well) I would have made the same decision.

disclaimer: I would never have been drafted to begin with, I was mediocre at best.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Yes and yes.

Now should they, no and no. They both gave us some great play while here but the both left to play for there home team. I know I'll get flamed for saying that about Parise but I firmly believe it was very hard for Zach to make the decision to leave, but if I was in his shoes and played for the Wild and the Devils offered me a boatload of money to come home (and a friend of mine as well) I would have made the same decision.

disclaimer: I would never have been drafted to begin with, I was mediocre at best.

Then dont text Suter in the middle of the season to plan coming together and then go around saying to fans "Dont worry" when they ask about Free Agency and if hes coming back. Plus he dragged it out so long that we didnt have time to get a replacement

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Both will probably be booed, but it won't be anywhere near as bad for Clarkson as it will be for Parise.

I personally wouldn't boo Clarkie, but Zach I would. The way he left was a lot worse than Clarkson. Clarkson said he would like to stay, but didn't act nearly as committed, and he also didn't talk as if he was staying the whole time, and made his decision in a much more quicker fashion so we could make the team better. Rather than stringing us along for days when he knew he wasn't coming back anyway.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Both will probably be booed, but it won't be anywhere near as bad for Clarkson as it will be for Parise.

I personally wouldn't boo Clarkie, but Zach I would. The way he left was a lot worse than Clarkson. Clarkson said he would like to stay, but didn't act nearly as committed, and he also didn't talk as if he was staying the whole time, and made his decision in a much more quicker fashion so we could make the team better. Rather than stringing us along for days when he knew he wasn't coming back anyway.

Same I wont boo Clarkson

MJB Devils23*

Zach made the mistake of playing the fans and talking as if he was definitely staying. Clarkson never said a word. I also think Clarkson was more friendly with the fans. Not saying Zach was a jerk or anything.

My personal belief is that Zach didn't want to leave. He was just given an offer by Minny he couldn't refuse.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
I hope we dont boo Clarkson, He gave everything he had and more to the team to the players and to the city

njdevilsownnhl*

Why boo Parise? Ryder is better than him anyways and if Parise stayed, who knows if we would have been able to sign Ryder. They're both 60 point players at this stage in their careers, but Ryder will actually show up when it matters. Clarkson is a third liner. Who cares about him?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Ryder is better than Parise, but he certainly should be the closest we've come to replacing his production.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Parise mercilessly. The whole thing. Especially if we are winning "Kovy's better" "We dont need you" Booing everytime he touches the puck. Constant swear words at him , the whole 9 yards

Clarkson, nah

Oh man he is going to get a nasty Kovy's better chant.

Without a doubt Zach gets booed by everyone but Jim.

Clarke? Honestly...I think he might get some boos. Especially this year and definitely the first Leafs game but it won't be the whole crowd just a smattering mixed with some gratitude and some indifference. By the end of the year and next year almost all indifference with only the more die hard reacting mostly positive. Kind of like Gio now. I don't recall most of the crowd even reacting to him anymore (though I could be wrong)

Zach is getting booed by the whole crowd.

MountainGoat

never been to The Rock but I'll boo the **** out of Parise in my living room

frankiedue

Jan 23, 2007
Springfield, NJ
I will boo Zach, as stated many times before, for the way he left. He screwed us, the fans, and the Devils organization for waiting 3.5 days after the start of free agency to sign with the Wild. Lou even flew out to meet with Zach personally the day before. It was an all out effort to sign him. By the time he decided, it was too late. No quality free agents left to replace his scoring. We missed the playoffs. Vanderbeek lost money. Zach was also the captain of a team that just went to the Stanley Cup Finals. How about finishing the job? Way to leave your team hanging. He was what Deboer called "the heart and soul of the team".

Clarkson, not nearly as important, and easily replaceable, made a quick decision, he doesn't need to be booed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad