Is Marner going to be a star

• Yes

• No

• Already is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

member 262271

this was a good poll to weed out who's an actual leafs fan and who isn't. look at that list of no votes
There are still fans who believe in that old Burke ethos of testosterone, pugnacity, blah blah blah. Therefore irrational hate towards small skilled players, no matter their upside is still a thing. It's baffling to me personally.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Truly stunned at the brilliance of the Kadri - Marner combo.

When the odd time Marner played with Matthews, it was kind of meh. Any brilliance, was still all Matthews.

Marner with JVR and Bozak, was never like this either.

Seems to me, Kadri - Marner take turns of going to the net or making the pretty pass, or both go to the net.

Who do you try to shut down, because one guy is going to one post, the other guy is going to the other post, but the puck it could be on this side or that side, as those two are slick enough to thread that pass through.

Only Pittsburgh was able to shut them down, use speed to break up everything in the neutral zone. Do not let them have the puck in the offensive zone.

:arr:

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Playmaking:Wash
Stickhandling:Nylander
Shot:Nylander
Play along the Boards:Nylander
Just my opinion

Intelligence on and off the puck is Marner ++ though.
Also, Nylander's shot is far superior, but it'd be nice if he could hit the net with it with some consistency.

I believe that Nylander will have more points when their careers are both ended, but that Marner will have had a better career overall.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Play skill with skill. Good things happen. Also their success better put to rest that Kadri cant play with skilled wingers and cant use his wingers well.

Yeah, the notion that Kadri can't play with other skilled players was and is absolutely laughable.

This thread was finally gone and you had to bring it back. Should have brought back the generic Mitch thread.

This thread was more recent.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
This thread was finally gone and you had to bring it back. Should have brought back the generic Mitch thread.
This one seemed to have a lot more naysayers in it. Completely fine with someone bumping it so nobody forgets who gave up on Marner. :naughty:

Reactions: Max Money

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So what sort of winger do you guys think pairs best with marner and kadri?

Kapanen?
Someone who is defensively responsibly and can keep up with them offensively, while finishing his chances. Kapanen seems to fit that description.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
There are still fans who believe in that old Burke ethos of testosterone, pugnacity, blah blah blah. Therefore irrational hate towards small skilled players, no matter their upside is still a thing. It's baffling to me personally.

Therr is something to be said about size in the playoffs

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Him and Kadri make such an amazing duo.
Indeed. They're a good fit because they play the game at a similar pace. Both like to slow the game down a bit and look for a good passing lane. Both have great vision too. Mitch also has a decent shot which he has finally started to use more (probably because he doesn't have to carry the play like he did with JVR and Bozak), allowing Kadri to set him up more often.

Reactions: Max Money

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Kapanen is not a good winger for Kadri and Marner. His biggest asset (speed) would we wasted playing with two slugs.

A LW version of Brown.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He changed his name, minus mitch doesn't exist anymore. Check out the first page cause I'm pretty sure it's him lol.
I looked on the 1st page and no thats a different poster.
Minus Mitch and that other guy havent been here for some time.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, with Matthews out, I just voted that Marner is already a star!

Now, go out and prove the accolades now, because, we need you man!

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
He changed his name, minus mitch doesn't exist anymore. Check out the first page cause I'm pretty sure it's him lol.
Minus Mitch was exposed as a pure anti leafs troll.

Not sure about the others but you never know.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Vince Vega, Maple Leafs, Minus Mitch are all troll accounts that got proven wrong. Marner is deveoping great and will be a star for many years to come. Great draft choice by Hunter. If anyone below marner ends up being a better player than marner it isn't that big of a issue as long as marner continue his current trajectory into superstardom.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I looked on the 1st page and no thats a different poster.
Minus Mitch and that other guy havent been here for some time.
I think you're right, they've made their profiles private so it definitely threw me off. They talked about Marner so similarly that I just assumed it was him lol. Just going through older threads and Minus does still exist, he probably just has a different account by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad