• Yes

• No

• Already is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Marner of course is part of the big 3, and I feel the pressure to want to believe that he deserves to be there...but when I watch him, I see a player whose more comparable to the Kadri level of impact on a game.

Don't get me wrong I like Marner, I just don't see the star. Does majority still think he's a future star player?

Reactions: The Cobra

TMLifer

Jan 8, 2011
Toronto
His passing skills are elite, he quarterbacks any PP, and he can create time and space with his skating and puck handling. Yeah he's a star.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Not sure what's the purpose of these polls? it's okay I guess :laugh:

Last edited:

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
He’s gonna be a superstar. If he was playing with Matthews this season he’d have 20 points by now.

Leaf nation is ridiculous when they start comparing our own fantastic young players and pittting them against each other as if they can’t all be great players.

Reactions: WWB

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
His passing skills are elite, he quarterbacks any PP, and he can create time and space with his skating and puck handling. Yeah he's a star.

Great response TM... but at this point I disagree. His skating isn't elite, his puck handling isn't elite, and his passing isn't elite at this point. I think he does all of it well... to very well, but maybe that is what makes him a star? He doesn't have any glaring weakness?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
He’s gonna be a superstar. If he was playing with Matthews this season he’d have 20 points by now.

Leaf nation is ridiculous when they start comparing our own fantastic young players and pittting them against each other as if they can’t all be great players.

I'm not pitting him against anyone... I just don't see a star, as others have said. Is that a problem, are we all supposed to agree of a "discussion" board?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Marner of course is part of the big 3, and I feel the pressure to want to believe that he deserves to be there...but when I watch him, I see a player whose more comparable to the Kadri level of impact on a game.

Don't get me wrong I like Marner, I just don't see the star. Does majority still think he's a future star player?

Do you remember Kadri at age 20? He's wasn't nearly as good as Marner. People need to relaxe and let young players develop.
Marner is elite in skill. Yes, I see him as a star and a guy whop can yearly be top 10 in NHL points.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Do you remember Kadri at age 20? He's wasn't nearly as good as Marner. People need to relaxe and let young players develop.

Sure.. I remember when Wellwood and Stajan were gonna be stars to.

That is why it's just a discussion. If we all just let things develop, there would be no need to have a discussion board.

Some posters need to relax and realize I never said Marner sucks, I just said I'm not sure I agree with the "star" tag. Really confused about why people take such incredible offence to this suggestion.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Sure.. I remember when Wellwood and Stajan were gonna be stars to.

That is why it's just a discussion. If we all just let things develop, there would be no need to have a discussion board.

Some posters need to relax and realize I never said Marner sucks, I just said I'm not sure I agree with the "star" tag. Really confused about why people take such incredible offence to this suggestion.

His skillset has "Star" written all over him.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's interesting the timing of this thread. We're FINALLY seeing Marner with Matthews. This will turn his entire seaspn around and will rack up a ton of points.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It's interesting the timing of this thread. We're FINALLY seeing Marner with Matthews. This will turn his entire seaspn around and will rack up a ton of points.

... It's interesting that you think you need to put a star player with a generation player for him to rack up a ton of points.

This is nothing against Marner... I do think he's a very skilled player, however I don't agree with posters who think he needs to play with a generational player to put up points.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
... It's interesting that you think you need to put a star player with a generation player for him to rack up a ton of points.

This is nothing against Marner... I do think he's a very skilled player, however I don't agree with posters who think he needs to play with a generational player to put up points.
I believe a player needs a top 6 role with adequate ice-time and linemates to reach full potential.
Tonight has changed the course of Marner's season. Book it.

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

MR4

Oct 20, 2014

Marty St. Louis was always better when he had a Lecavalier/Stamkos opening up space and being an elite scorer for St. Louis to work his magic. Marner will be our St. Louis.

Hopefully this MMM stays a thing, as it's still gonna dominate while removing Martin from the 4th line for a better player. I'd love to see that Hyman-Marleau-Brown line stay as well, but leaves Nylander with Kadri which hasn't looked good. Maybe JVR-Bozak-Nylander, and Kadri gets the short end of the stick getting Komarov and Moore? (Ideally both get replaced by Leivo and Sosh, that line would work well with those wingers IMO)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm not pitting him against anyone... I just don't see a star, as others have said. Is that a problem, are we all supposed to agree of a "discussion" board?

You're trying really hard. Not sure to what end but whatever.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I voted no.

Because these threads after every leaf win are

REALLY ANNOYING.
This post was made before the game was a blowout and before marner even recorded a point. Not sure if it changes your point though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad