• Yes

• No

• Already is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
For me the dilemma is that while Marner and Nylander are magic together, as we all knew they would be,the other 3 lines are not really going to be dangerous.
They can defend fairly well, but when the other teams start focusing on Marner/nylander, this could be a problem.

No need to have them on the same line. Kapanen is Nylanders RW. Marner is Kadri's RW.

We just need to find one or two wingers for Auston and 2 LW options for Nylander and Kadri (If Marleau doesn't stick around).

Brown might be an option for Nylander if he can play LW.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Do the Marner doubters feel silly now?
People have absolutely no patience here. The kid got 61 points as a rookie and then struggles in abottom 6 role with crappy linematesa nd so many give up on him.

Reactions: DarkKnight

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
5F691987-7182-49A4-9392-349403A07386.jpeg

4 point night , 3rd star

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Do the Marner doubters feel silly now?
I would say not at all.

We have seen three types of Marner.

The rookie season.
The majority of this season with a lot of spotty play.
Then the transformation when paired with Kadri.

This season before Marner was paired with Kadri, he did not make a difference to the team. He rarely shot the puck, didn't score, and was a minus player. He had 2 goals in 40 games stretching back to last season, worst than Uncle Leo.

Still, you could tell, he had the talent.

All he needed to do was take it to the net, and shoot the puck. No more cute plays. The thing about Kadri is he gets it up the ice as fast as he can. Marner cannot make a cute play, because he is chasing his centerman up the ice with the puck.

Kadri, when he first started, use to try to make a lot of cute plays, but he quickly learned and stopped for the most part. When he tried to make cute plays, they sent him to the minors. A few times.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
When he plays with high hockey-IQ players he looks amazing, because his vision actually leads to positive plays. Not sure he can do it alone, and of course, not many can.

I actually voted 'No' lol But that was during his slow start, and he wasn't showing much oomph. Really awesome to see how good he can be.

Imagine him passing to a pure shooter night in and night out... I mean, Naz hardly has the best shot and he is sniping them like a madman.

Well played Mitchell, well played.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It wasn't so long ago I was being told Brown is a better goal scorer than Marner...

I just LOVE seeing the silence from all the Marner bashers earlier in the season. The sad thing is they will probably be back if he starts slumping again.
Just a better goal scorer???

I was being told that Brown is better and more valuable to the Leafs than Marner. We all know by who.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Marner had played almost the entirety of his career with Bozak at centre, and to a lesser extent Moore. He’s now shown he can thrive with each of Matthews, Kadri, and Nylander (albeit in small sample sizes). That’ll likely be our centre depth for the next 5-10 years, so I have no doubt we’ll see Mitch flourish even more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad