Series Talk: Will Donato start in Game 4?

Will Donato start Game 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`ve stated my opinion here already, I don't think the kid is ready but I`m more than happy, as well as terribly used to having to come on here, admit when wrong, then tuck my giant napkin into my collar and drive a buffet worth of crow down my pie hole and I`ll do so again if he gets his chance and proves me to be wrong yet again

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I voted no mainly to see what folks thought but I'm cool with him being in, but who Evers in tonight, it's all hands on deck. Donato won't make or break the boys tonight. They better come out tonight like it's an elimination game

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I voted no mainly to see what folks thought but I'm cool with him being in, but who Evers in tonight, it's all hands on deck. Donato won't make or break the boys tonight. They better come out tonight like it's an elimination game

maybe Cassidy hoping for a Tyler Seguin like series appearance from Donato:)

Please tell me I`m correct that it was vs the Bolts all those years ago that Segs broke out ?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'd have Donato in.

I would actually tinker with all the lines a tad.

Marchand-Bergeron-Nash61
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Heinen-Backes-Donato
Kuraly-Nash20-Acciari

That 2nd line would be very hard to stop.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I think any changes to the top line is a panic move and plays right into TB's hands. We're down 2-1 here, not 3-0. It's the best 1st line in the league and it is still getting chances, so I keep it as is. Moreover, nothing about David Krejci's game tells me to get more talent playing alongside him. If anything I'd love talent off of his line, though I don't see that happening.

I envision:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Donato-Krejci-Rick
DeBrusk-Kuraly-Acciari
Heinen-Nash-Backes

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I think any changes to the top line is a panic move and plays right into TB's hands. We're down 2-1 here, not 3-0. It's the best 1st line in the league and it is still getting chances, so I keep it as is. Moreover, nothing about David Krejci's game tells me to get more talent playing alongside him. If anything I'd love talent off of his line, though I don't see that happening.

I envision:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Donato-Krejci-Rick
DeBrusk-Kuraly-Acciari
Heinen-Nash-Backes

This. I’d take DeBrusk off the Krejci line.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This. I’d take DeBrusk off the Krejci line.

What so he can play with Backes and Riley Nash?

The 3rd line sucks. And the 4th line has begun to suck as well especially with Schaller out.

Im not letting Riley Nash and Backes bring down 2 lines they are staying together.

Donato deserves a chance play him tonight but if its a road game I probably give Cehlarik the nod as the guy to boost the 4th.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
What so he can play with Backes and Riley Nash?

The 3rd line sucks. And the 4th line has begun to suck as well especially with Schaller out.

Im not letting Riley Nash and Backes bring down 2 lines they are staying together.

Donato deserves a chance play him tonight but if its a road game I probably give Cehlarik the nod as the guy to boost the 4th.
You play DeBrusk with Nash21 & Backes and hope he wakes both of them up.

DeBrusk doesn’t strike me as a guy who needs Krejci to succeed. DeBrusk has a motor & he’s barreling down the ice regardless of what line he’s on in my opinion.

Reactions: FanSince72

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Uh, yeah, sounds bad. I hope it's an abundance of caution. The Bruins need all the help they can get tonight.

But as we've seen, the tend to play better when the situation is dire

Plus, Marchand could honestly use some rest and to come back with hunger for the next game - which will be played regardless of tonight's outcome

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Since when are Marchand and DeBrusk game time decisions? Shouldn't that be a bigger deal?

Exactly. WTF? Yesterday they were given "maintenance days" and missed practice, today we learn it's much more than just a routine day off? Yikes.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I guess DeBrusk says he's in but Marchand is a GTD. Hopefully that's just a mind game because we are in big trouble without him.

Mazz also saying Gionta is in, which makes me wonder who he's replacing. Acciari maybe? Maybe even Riley Nash? Better not be Heinen.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I guess DeBrusk says he's in but Marchand is a GTD. Hopefully that's just a mind game because we are in big trouble without him.

Mazz also saying Gionta is in, which makes me wonder who he's replacing. Acciari maybe? Maybe even Riley Nash? Better not be Heinen.

If Gionta and Riley Nash are in and Heinen is out, I will f***ing lose it.

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad