Series Talk: Will Donato start in Game 4?

Will Donato start Game 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Donato coming in reeks of Kuraly last year. Play the kid.

Every year some kid out of college comes in for a team and lights it up and steals a game. I want it to be Donato this year.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I really don't understand how a logical person could not insert Donato at this point for someone. One can't possibly see what we are seeing right now and not at least try the impact player that is currently rested and waiting in the press box.

What is the worst that can f***ing happen? He makes a bad turnover and a goal gets scored the other way? He'd be in good company, honestly.

This isn't even a debate for me. I'd put him in for David Backes if it was up to me (Schaller or Wingels will be out, I am sure).

Reactions: AK37

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
I would put him in for Acciari......and I like Acciari being a RI native myself

I just think for the PP alone (if we actually get more than one or two) that Donato could be a big spark for the team.

Riley Nash, Wingels, Acciari, Heinen all could come out for Donato to get a look

Reactions: Strafer

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I wish he would. But I don't think they'll do it. But I would try it cause that third line needs a jolt.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I wish he would. But I don't think they'll do it. But I would try it cause that third line needs a jolt.

Both. 4th was bad too.

This is the time to make a change can't really do it on the road.

Just give the bottom 6 a boost make a statement and maybe the top 2 lines come out on fire.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Why not? And why not run the following lines (assuming that Czarnik can play)?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Rick
Donato-Kuraly-Czarnik
Heinen-Riley-Backes

Reactions: Ratty

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I would put czarnik in for sure. Wingels brings nothing and this team needs something. And why not donato? Team is already letting in 4 goals a game, at least he’s a threat to score.

Reactions: Strafer

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This is exactly the situation you give him a game in.

Confident Cassidy does it

Reactions: Flannelman

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I wasn't for it, but we need some kind of spark.

The kid will get run over, but most are anyway.

Do it, BUTCH

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
They burnt a year off his ELC and he was quite productive offensively in the few games he played.

He may not be seasoned enough for the defensive side of play-off hockey, but the Bruins are looking slow and need a shot of offense.

He played on the Olympic Stage, time to give him a shot at Stanley.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They burnt a year off his ELC and he was quite productive offensively in the few games he played.

He may not be seasoned enough for the defensive side of play-off hockey, but the Bruins are looking slow and need a shot of offense.

He played on the Olympic Stage, time to give him a shot at Stanley.

Much of the issue right now is the B`s are struggling a ton defensively which is often the catalyst to transition to offense, and IMO, Donato, for as pumped as I am about the kid`s future, won`t help them there.

For all those thinking we`ll see him, I think the coach, if changes are made, will take Nash out, insert Gionta......doesn`t inspire I am guessing but if there is one thing I would trust Gionta more than Donato at doing, it`s sacrificing in the D zone to make sure the puck is out of the zone

You can`t compare the Olympic stage (which was absent fellow NHL`ers) and is played on huge rinks to NHL playoff hockey

Reactions: Strafer and sooshii

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Backes was on the ice for 6:09 last night. If he's not (or cant) play they might as well get Donato in there.

Same for McQuaid who saw 9 min of icetime.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Donato coming in reeks of Kuraly last year. Play the kid.

Every year some kid out of college comes in for a team and lights it up and steals a game. I want it to be Donato this year.
your right need to inject something,in this line up need something good to change.....momentum...why not play the kid game4

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I get the feeling that we need to inject something and get the third line going. We do.

However, I think Donato gets trucked in this series and from a defensive point of view will get exposed. Not sure it's his time.

I'm not sure what the best option is.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I get the feeling that we need to inject something and get the third line going. We do.

However, I think Donato gets trucked in this series and from a defensive point of view will get exposed. Not sure it's his time.

I'm not sure what the best option is.
I think they’re done to be honest. At least give Donato a taste. I know it’s short sites to think that way but I’ve always thought that they weren’t tough enough to go anywhere. Teams like Washington always kicked their butt. In the playoffs, that’s what wins no matter what rules or trends happen. It’s always the tough teams. They aren’t tough. That needs to be fixed. You don’t have to be big to be tough. So...... give Donato a shot. He’s got to be better than Wingels last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad