Will Auston Matthews be a hart finalist this season? Yes or No

Will Auston Matthews be a hart finalist this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
probably not

but he shouldn't have been last year either to be honest
Ah yes, a 60 goal-100 point center, who scored 50 in 50 for the first time since Lemiuex and led his team to their best point total ever didn't deserve to be a nominee

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
He doesn't.

Marner is now on the 2nd line, playing with Tavares, while Nylander is up with Matthews.
Yes, I understand. I meant to say that if they became linemates permanently again, which I think is likely, it would be possible.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
So you posted a link that said the definition is scoring 50 goals in your first 50 games or less.

Then had Auston Matthews on the "unofficial list"

That hardly helps your argument.
after he scored his 50th and 51st goal in the 50 game window TSN posted a list of the official list and the unofficial list and neither were very long so either way it's impressive and something that is recorded so it's not a 50-50 from the first game of the season but none the less it's still viewed as 50-50

Reactions: Sundinisagod

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
who votes for The Hart trophy again?

He didn't score 50 in 50.
The Media votes for the Hart, the players vote for the Lindsay. He got both. Seems like most agreed on who was the best

And he scored 50 goals in 50 games. I don't care if it was "official" based on an NHL record, it's an accomplishment very few players have ever done. He also did it in the lowest scoring environment at 3.14 goals/game (tied with Lemieux in that aspect). You're talking about a generational scoring season

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
who votes for The Hart trophy again?

He didn't score 50 in 50.
image.png

pretty small list anyways and his name is still recorded to have completing a 50 in 50

Reactions: Howard Beale

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
The Media votes for the Hart, the players vote for the Lindsay. He got both. Seems like most agreed on who was the best

And he scored 50 goals in 50 games. I don't care if it was "official" based on an NHL record, it's an accomplishment very few players have ever done. He also did it in the lowest scoring environment at 3.14 goals/game (tied with Lemieux in that aspect). You're talking about a generational scoring season
cute.

Leafs fans praise Matthews for his 50 game section of the season but a lot of you mocked Habs fans when we said that Caufield was dominant after MSL took over.

Just thought I would point that out

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
cute.

Leafs fans praise Matthews for his 50 game section of the season but a lot of you mocked Habs fans when we said that Caufield was dominant after MSL took over.

Just thought I would point that out
I mean that is completely unrelated, and something I never even commented on

But hope ya'll keep up the good fight and charge to the 15th overall pick!

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Mar 26, 2010
As a Leafs fan I will say No, not this season.

Marner might be though! I would not be surprised. He is red hot!

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
That's pretty crazy to say he shouldn't have been a finalist last year. 60 goals, 6th in points, good all-around game for a star scoring fwd, and his peers voted him the best.

Gaudreau had a better season than Matthews did and wasn't a finalist(90 even strength points!)

Gaudreau got robbed

The fraud Matthews won’t be able to swindle the League for another Hart. That ship has sailed for the good of the legitimacy of the Trophy.

eh that already happened when Hall won it

Reactions: Haatley

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Gaudreau had a better season than Matthews did and wasn't a finalist(90 even strength points!)

Gaudreau got robbed

eh that already happened when Hall won it

Hall won the Hart but not the Lindsay. When the players and media vote for the same guy, it’s more likely you, and other dumb fans, are the ones who are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad