Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Halak

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Regardless of what happens this postseason, its time to start unloading these massive contracts.Lookin at you,bread..and Goodrow
Huh?? You can’t be serious. Our window to win the cup is now- it’s not 3 years from now. Why would you want to rebuild the roster around Kappo and Laf assuming that’s the only reason you’d want to offload guys ready to win now, when you have a team ready to win the cup now! I just don’t understand this mindset.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Huh?? You can’t be serious. Our window to win the cup is now- it’s not 3 years from now. Why would you want to rebuild the roster around Kappo and Laf assuming that’s the only reason you’d want to offload guys ready to win now, when you have a team ready to win the cup now! I just don’t understand this mindset.

Goodrow has a massive contract?

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
bro i think you didnt watch the game if you think that game was hard for that goalie lmfao

i can think of 3 saves off the top of my head that he made on sure goals. 1.32 goals saved above expected proves me right.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
How anyone can feel comfortable with this team headed into the Playoffs is beyond my understanding

I get it that these games mean absolutely nothing, but there are things they still need to work on like starts to games and they failed miserably there.

My feeling, not surprised if they get bounced in R1, in 5.

I wouldn’t say I’m comfortable with the level of play. I’m withholding judgement until the playoffs when the games actually matter. I’m not going to put too much stock in a late March game in Buffalo. In a few weeks, no one is going to remember this game.

Reactions: The Gloaming

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How anyone can feel comfortable with this team headed into the Playoffs is beyond my understanding

I get it that these games mean absolutely nothing, but there are things they still need to work on like starts to games and they failed miserably there.

There is concern but I try and remain optimistic and hopeful.

Reactions: FultonReed

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Levi made 19 saves in the third period, tied for third-most in a period in Sabres history, behind Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (21) and Ryan Miller (20). This doesn't make sense...
Ok looks like a few shots were removed... we originally had the record vs them for shots in a period and then it was removed. Strange that that's the most against in their history.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY

We have seen how well they can play when they are on their game and when Lindgren comes back it will be a huge upgrade

Im not saying its a good thing, but Im sure a lot of the vets are just looking to start the playoffs and just trying to avoid injury by going balls to the wall

Also, only 3 teams in the league have a better record the past 10 games than the Rangers (boston, colorado, minnesota) yet fans are losing their minds lol...its just a little crazy

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
There are games like this that give you concern for what this team will do in a couple weeks, but nothing to be done about it now. We have what we have and we just need to see what the group does in those games.

Reactions: egelband

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wish they had gotten another defenseman at the deadline. Having Harper be the 7 and having to actually play when Lindgren is injured is brutal

The whole fatigue thing is probably a factor. When you can’t rest anyone cause you f***ed the roster flexibility for one guy, that’s what happens

Reactions: RagFinMet

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
And ended up with 33. Who cares how they were distributed? Are saves easier to make in the second half of the game or something?

yeah they absoluted dominated the 3rd period. they deserved to win the game. sure they didn't give a shit for the first half of the game, but would you for a road game in Buffalo after clinching a playoff spot? i dont think this is indicative of anything. they dont need to be playing these games full out for 60 minutes right now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm guessing you didn't watch the game.

I caught some of the second period and the Rangers had some grade A chances despite only having 11 shots. If the shots weren't high difficulty (that's not what I saw) that's not because there were 5 shots through the first however many minutes that's unrelated.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Kids and 4th were the only ones I thought really played hard. Which makes sense.
Since they cant sit/rest anyone, Gallant should, IMO, mostly roll four lines and maybe give Mika and Tro’s lines LESS time than the kids and 4th. If thats the only way to rest them, do it within reason.

Reactions: fm

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Lazy veterans didn't want to try for a late-March tilt when they've already clinched in grey Buffalo. News at 11.

Doubt the Islanders get all four points this weekend. Rangers clinch third or more.

Reactions: fm and egelband

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I caught some of the second period and the Rangers had some grade A chances despite only having 11 shots. If the shots weren't high difficulty (that's not what I saw) that's not because there were 5 shots through the first however many minutes that's unrelated.
Anyone saying their goalie was the reason we lost is deluding themself. Use whatever excuse you want to use...back to back, nothing to play for, Buffalo, etc, etc; we didn't show up ready to play & they skated rings around us for two periods. Showing up for 20 minutes doesn't mean the only reason we didn't win was "we were goalied". We weren't. Of those 20 shots in the 3rd, many of them were right into his chest logo.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also there were two completely open nets missed by rangers. Didn’t even get credit for shots on those.
Absolutely a bad start to the game, coupled with Buffalo playing their guts out, but you’re right. Should have been a W. And also, it doesn’t matter. Good that Gallant is keeping his foot on the gas here.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Anyone saying their goalie was the reason we lost is deluding themself. Use whatever excuse you want to use...back to back, nothing to play for, Buffalo, etc, etc; we didn't show up ready to play & they skated rings around us for two periods. Showing up for 20 minutes doesn't mean the only reason we didn't win was "we were goalied". We weren't. Of those 20 shots in the 3rd, many of them were right into his chest logo.

100%. If any team got goalied it was Buffalo. We should've been down much by much more than 2-1 going into the third.

Reactions: Boris Zubov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad