• Halak

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
It’s crazy to say, considering all of the acquisitions that we made a month ago this team needs a spark from Hartford.
We are getting bogged down in our own zone. It is overdue to bring up Zach Jones, despite him being softer than Tom Poti.
Or Robertson .

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
For people still watching these games closely, what exactly are you looking for?

I have my doubts that they can just flip a switch when the playoffs start, but there is nothing I will see in any of these meaningless stretch games that, well, will mean anything.

Don’t get worked up as they play out the string. We just need to wait and see what happens when the games matter again.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I like Vally and he's really good but he keeps using the fatigue factor.
What's gonna happen if this team gets stretched to 6 and 7 games every series in the playoffs? Are they gonna be out of gas by the middle of the 2nd round?

Staple brought up the lack of extra players. The Rangers can't rest anyone because they have only 18 healthy skaters on the roster and no cap space.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
For people still watching these games closely, what exactly are you looking for?

I have my doubts that they can just flip a switch when the playoffs start, but there is nothing I will see in any of these meaningless stretch games that, well, will mean anything.

Don’t get worked up as they play out the string. We just need to wait and see what happens when the games matter again.

For me, we are loaded with talent and should be able to cruise to wins but instead we struggle to score a couple goals vs a first game goalie on a non playoff team. My biggest concerns are that this franchise thinks Harpur is an NHL player and that they can continue to put both Panarin and Kane on a line in 2023 and hope for success even though it's already to be proven to be a bad idea. The biggest issue with that is the amount of options we have instead of that combo. That's my biggest issues. Harpur will fix itself when lindgren comes back, but I'm worried that he obviously is next in line.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
This was a shit game that they still would have won if Chytil and Miller didn’t miss empty nets. The top 6 was non existent but that’s to be expected. We’re pretty much locked into the third spot and these games don’t matter anymore. They are all going to be judged on their playoffs and are coasting until then. If you can’t accept that, maybe take a break until the playoffs start.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Levi made 19 saves in the third period, tied for third-most in a period in Sabres history, behind Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (21) and Ryan Miller (20). This doesn't make sense...

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Gallant with the truth. This was an ugly b2b. That weekend we scored 78 straight goals feels like a lifetime ago.
If he chooses this exact moment to start calling the players out, the timing might actually work well for us.

Reactions: Shadowtron
Jan 8, 2012
NY
I will continue to take solace in the fact that Jeff Skinner is the biggest loser in the NHL, and will miss the NHL Playoffs for a 13th straight season and counting.

Rangers are...whatever. Just coasting trying not to get injured before the playoffs.

Reactions: bl02 and NCRanger
Jan 8, 2012
NY
And if we want to take positives, past Rangers teams would have scored 0 goals in this rookie goalie situation - this team at least mustered up 2 goals against their most feared enemy - the rookie goalie playing in his first game.

• Haha
Reactions: egelband

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Im having hard time believing they will switch the flip in the playoffs. The bright side is that if we’re headed for 1st round exit, Drury will go ballistic. Gallant out.. one of the stars out, maybe even more(?)

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
“Typical,” head coach Gerard Gallant scoffed when asked about his team’s start.

“We clinched a week ago and it seems like we clinched and the season’s over. It’s not the way it’s supposed to work.”

Doesn’t he realize he can bench guys the entire match?

Doesn’t he realize when the Vesey line has it going - that hey - I’m gonna double shift them and sit another line because that’s coaching ? Feel is coaching - like a music conductor…
Gallant instead uses his tie to wipe the corners of his mouth when no-one is looking…

Reactions: DanielBrassard

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
How anyone can feel comfortable with this team headed into the Playoffs is beyond my understanding

I get it that these games mean absolutely nothing, but there are things they still need to work on like starts to games and they failed miserably there.

My feeling, not surprised if they get bounced in R1, in 5.

Reactions: gabevh3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad