Post-Game Talk: Wild @ Rangers - 4 February, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I also think Hayes needs to simplify his game. That's his problem.

The extra finesse looks pretty, but it rarely ends in so much as a shot on goal.

Didn't you notice a progress in his game compared to earlier in the season? His game is controlling a puck and I didn't notice much of overhandling (resulting in a possession loss or missed scoring chance). In fact his line started the turn around.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Didn't you notice a progress in his game compared to earlier in the season? His game is controlling a puck and I didn't notice much of overhandling (resulting in a possession loss or missed scoring chance). In fact his line started the turn around.

Yeah. I thought he played a solid game yesterday. Stalberg, that has looked very good the last month or so, as well. Lindberg was more Of a meh IMO - which has been the case for a While. He looks a little gassed

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Yeah. I thought he played a solid game yesterday. Stalberg, that has looked very good the last month or so, as well. Lindberg was more Of a meh IMO - which has been the case for a While. He looks a little gassed

Yeah Linberg hasn't been particularly good for a while, he's looked a step slower. That's something he'll work through, he's still a rookie. I'd like to see a 4th line of Lindberg-Moore-Fast, I think they'd be very responsible defensively and be able to cycle effectively in the o-zone.

Then your 3rd line is Stalberg-Hayes-Buchnevich/Trade Deadling Acquisition

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Yeah Linberg hasn't been particularly good for a while, he's looked a step slower. That's something he'll work through, he's still a rookie. I'd like to see a 4th line of Lindberg-Moore-Fast, I think they'd be very responsible defensively and be able to cycle effectively in the o-zone.

Perhaps this is more for the European based Rangers fans but doesn't Lindberg have a history of taking some time to acclimate to a new league and then just gets better and better as the playoffs near or he gets more experience.

In the sense he's a bit underwhelming now, he is still deserving of a nightly spot in the lineup.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

Don't expect buch to come over before the seasons end. He's coming next season for sure but don't hold your breathe on the deadline.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
First 20 minutes were miserable. Nice rebound win.

Millur is really on fire. :madfire::devdance:

yeah I almost went to sleep, but I I saw the remaining two periods - a great
and rare comeback win. I really enjoyed the last 40 min. of that game. :)

LGR! :handclap:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Crazy runs or finally putting it togther consistently? Hope its the ladder.

In all reality, I expect Miller at least to cool off a little, but I think that we're seeing what he's capable of right now. I don't think he'll necessarily be able to do it game after game night after night like this forever, but he's showing that he can take over games and that he's putting the entire thing together finally. I'd expect his play going forward to be closer to this than where he had been, though maybe not this good night after night.

McD has done this before and he's doing it again. Feeling healthy, team is clicking a little more and he's not running around trying to play for two guys. Keep him with a good partner, whether thats G when he's playing well or someone else when G struggles and this is what he'll do.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
In all reality, I expect Miller at least to cool off a little, but I think that we're seeing what he's capable of right now. I don't think he'll necessarily be able to do it game after game night after night like this forever, but he's showing that he can take over games and that he's putting the entire thing together finally. I'd expect his play going forward to be closer to this than where he had been, though maybe not this good night after night.

McD has done this before and he's doing it again. Feeling healthy, team is clicking a little more and he's not running around trying to play for two guys. Keep him with a good partner, whether thats G when he's playing well or someone else when G struggles and this is what he'll do.

I think it's looking obvious that Miller can be a 20 goal 20 assist guy at least. He has the talent for it and he's finally found the right balance of using his skill and not trying to do too much while at the same time playing an aggressive and physical game. Sure he's going to cool off some but I'm double crossing my fingers that he won't lose this groove like Kreider has and instead will be a reliable 20+ goal scorer

McDonagh has been good for awhile now but lugging around Girardi has been an anchor on him all season

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

I agree. He has definitely improved with his puck control and possession. Waiting for offense to develop. That's a solid 3rd line right now. If stepan can step up and be good as our second line center than we should be solid down the middle again.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Miller and McDonagh are on some crazy runs. Great to see.

Just waiting for the rest of the team to follow suit. Stepan and kreider especially albeit the latter has improved. Just gotta put puck in the net

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
I think it's looking obvious that Miller can be a 20 goal 20 assist guy at least. He has the talent for it and he's finally found the right balance of using his skill and not trying to do too much while at the same time playing an aggressive and physical game. Sure he's going to cool off some but I'm double crossing my fingers that he won't lose this groove like Kreider has and instead will be a reliable 20+ goal scorer

McDonagh has been good for awhile now but lugging around Girardi has been an anchor on him all season
I just want Miller to keep his style up. Smart hard forechecking and being physical and also shooting the puck more then passing. If he keeps that up he'll score plenty:nod:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zuci was not invisible yesterday - just guys can`t finish plays and open nets misses.
How many open nets have Rangers guys missed this season?
Any have some stats on that? :D

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone tell me, is JT just putting every shot in or is he shooting a lot too? If he has some ridiculous unsustainable shooting percentage that's a lot less exciting.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Can someone tell me, is JT just putting every shot in or is he shooting a lot too? If he has some ridiculous unsustainable shooting percentage that's a lot less exciting.

In the last five games, he has 13 SOG 6G 1A

Six games ago (game against Vancouver) he had 8 SOG. One game, 8 SOG, and got the GWG.

Since coming back from the Christmas break (14 GP), he has 31 SOG 9G 3A.

He's #10 on the team in terms of SOG at 83.

He's shooting at a 19.30 SH%, which is pretty high. Highest on the team right now, in fact.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

shooting percentage is definitely unsustainable but his scoring pace lately is also unsustainable (we all know he's not going to keep scoring at a goal per game)

I see him taking a lot of high percentage shots in general and passing more often when he doesn't have those shots. He's been getting into high quality scoring areas which has helped a lot

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

He is earning his points but his SH% is ridiculous. But what's important is that he's not fluking his way to these goals.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
yeah I almost went to sleep, but I I saw the remaining two periods - a great
and rare comeback win. I really enjoyed the last 40 min. of that game. :)

LGR! :handclap:

No it's not rare this season. One positive attribute that this team showed this season is that this group has a real strong mental resiliency. They attempted a comeback in a lot of games where they were down early and even when they eventually loss - even being able to tie it is a great sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad