Confirmed with Link: Wiercioch signed 3 years, AAV $2million

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
BPys-eeCEAIACZv.jpg:large

Tim Murray in his usual ecstatic pose. :laugh:

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
You do realize that the players make less % of total league revenues than they did in 05/06?

They took a cut percentage wise. The reason they are making much more money is because the league is making much more money.

Don't mind me, just being bitter over how much Melnyk is willing to spend.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You're in for a disappointment if you think Cowen is signing anything less than 2.5 per.

I'm hoping he gets 3.0 until a year before UFA.

Alzner doesn't make 3 now, is on his 3rd contract, and it's for 4 years not 3. I'd be happy with 2.5, 3 would be pushing what I think is fair. just my opinion, but I really don't see him being in a great bargaining position. He essetially has 1 season to go off of along with somewhat disapointing playoffs (injury of course being a factor this years playoffs).

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
We should be close to $51m in salary with this signing. + Cowen who'll likely get a bit more...somewhere between $53-55m.

The Fuhr*

Alzner doesn't make 3 now, is on his 3rd contract, and it's for 4 years not 3. I'd be happy with 2.5, 3 would be pushing what I think is fair. just my opinion, but I really don't see him being in a great bargaining position. He essetially has 1 season to go off of along with somewhat disapointing playoffs (injury of course being a factor this years playoffs).

Cowen physical game is a huge difference from Alzner... Alzners best year is 100 hits short of Cowen.

Physical players like Cowen is what GMs covet... Cowen will get paid

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Then he'll sign for 1 or 2 years if he doesn't feel like he's in a good bargaining position.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Very good signing, I expect him to have a very good yr this yr. I noticed Wiercioch has a wedding ring on, I must have missed when he got married. Isn't Turris also suppose to get married soon?

Wiercioch could develop into a top 4 PMD, he has good size & is very offensive minded. He just needs to continue to put on muscle & work on his defence. If he turns out like an offensive Kuba that will be great, I just hope he becomes a lot more physical than Kuba ever was.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
19 pts in 42 games as a rookie with limited mins isnt' too shabby. 1.8k and i don't think anyone would be complaining. It may be high for the first yr, then should be a pretty good deal for the last 2.

(chara had 19 pts in 48 games. playing 10mins more avg. so yeah what i'm saying is wiercioch is much better than chara.)

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
He gotta real purty mouth ain't he?

That's the truth.

You're gonna do some praying with me boy and you better pray good.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I really don't see how $2 000 000/yr can ever be terrible for a 22 year old who put up a near 40 point pace.

$2 000 000 is hardly crippling.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
In the 3rd year of his deal he will be a $5.5 million dollar Dman, so good deal all around.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Call me crazy but I'm not a fan of having Cowen sign for 3 years for this reason, he, Weircioch and Ceci will all be RFAs in the same season. Just seems like that could be managed a bit better.

Overall I am a fan of the signing. Money talks and he makes more than Corvo does. I think we all want Weircioch in over Corvo.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Obviously management thinks he's a guy going forward... it's hard to say I disagree with the term or money - it's only 2M at the end of the day.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Not a huge fan of the deal to be honest. But its not like its gonna be a huge detriment either.

The guy still plays like a Giraffe on skates, he's not near the level of strength you need to win battles and gets hurt really easily.

Even in the picture he looks extremely thin.

Ah well, hopefully he proves me wrong. Someone with that type of size and offensive ability would look great if he could put on some weight.

TheOriginalSilf*

Excellent signing. I'm surprised that I'm seeing as many people having a problem with this deal as I am seeing.

What exactly would be a more fair contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad