Confirmed with Link: Wiercioch signed 3 years, AAV $2million

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think he has potential to put up 10g/30a this year. That would be good value at his price.

10 goals 30 assists for a defenseman would be "good" value?

I think that'd be fantastic value and one of the biggest bargains in the NHL

this deal is either going to be great or terrible 2 years from now

Only way that deal can become "terrible" is that Wiercioch really regress and can't be trusted to be on the ice, like if he becomes some kind of Brendan Bell or Alex Picard. I think he will be closer to a Dennis Wideman or Kevin Shattenkirk though

People should compare NHL players salaries with other NHL players, not their own. 2 Millions is not even the NHL average salary

Wiercioch is almost 23 y/o so 3 years will be his last contract on RFA years.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
Even in the picture he looks extremely thin.

Ah well, hopefully he proves me wrong. Someone with that type of size and offensive ability would look great if he could put on some weight.

the wedding ring is very slimming

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I don't know if anyone has talked about this, but there's a chunk of the Sens that are REALLY good friends. Like they literally hang out all the time:

Turris (signed 5 more seasons) *what a steal
Weircioch (signed 3 more seasons, RFA afterwards)
Cowen (???- RFA at least 5 more years)
Condra (signed 2 more seasons)
Smith (signed 4 more seasons)
Greening (rumored to be signing a 5 year extension)

As much as people talk about Karlsson, Spezza, Anderson, Lehner, Zibanejad etc, these guys are the heart and soul of the team. They stick up for each other, and feed off of each other, and Murray is rewarding them all for it.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
i heard about the greening extension as well. completely forget where i saw it though.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
People bash 'Chirp from time to time, but his info is usually pretty solid especially when it comes to internal stuff like extensions.

People also forgot he broke the Fisher trade.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
3-year $2 million cap hit for a 6'5 potential top-4 defenseman that can move the puck well and put up decent PP numbers? Great signing.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Do you think the sens organization are going to extend michalek or are they just going to see how he does in the 2013-2014 season before they decide on whether to extend him or let him walk away as a free agent?

Last edited:

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
I'm a huge fan of Wiercioch...

We need him bad cuz Karlsson kinda sucks on the PP.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Methot (20 points) - Karlsson (60 points)
Cowen (20 points)-Wiercioch (30 points)
Phillips (15 points)-Corvo (30 points)
Gryba (10 points)

I tried staying very conservative for everyone(especially Karlsson, lol). That's potentially a 200 point defense.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I don't see why Wiercioch will regress offensively.

Also, I'll say it again. Phillips-Corvo will be one of, if not the worst pairing in the NHL. It'd be pest to avoid that.

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
BPys-eeCEAIACZv.jpg:large

Does Tim Murray ever smile ? If yes is someone have a picture of that i think i never see this guy looking happy :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad