Confirmed with Link: Wiercioch signed 3 years, AAV $2million

h2

Mar 26, 2002
SensChirp ‏@SensChirp 2m
Bryan Murray crosses another item off his To Do List, signing RFA defenceman Patrick Wiercioch to a three year contract. #Sens

Last edited:

The Fuhr*

Whatever he gets... Give Cowen 1.0 more over the same term and call it a day

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Faced the weakest competition and still had major defensive lapses.
I'm not sure what to say.

He essentially put up a 10 goal, 40 point pace over the course of a full season. I'd like to remind people that by the end of his contract, the salary cap will be more than double what it was in 2005-06. People still hold on to annual values from that era, but it's time to give their head a shake. A player worth $1 000 000 then is now worth $2 000 000.

This is a great deal for Ottawa.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
People still hold on to annual values from that era, but it's time to give their head a shake. A player worth $1 000 000 then is now worth $2 000 000.

This is a great deal for Ottawa.

You're probably right. Player contracts are ridiculous now.

Not a big fan of Wiercioch, hopefully he gets better defensively.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Whatever he gets... Give Cowen 1.0 more over the same term and call it a day

contracts tend to favour offensive production. I think you could get Cowen to sign at closer to the same amount, espesially with with comparables like Alzner out there (it's a little outdated, but his 2nd contract was 1.285 per year, paying Cowen more than double that seems a bit much).

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
You're probably right. Player contracts are ridiculous now.

Not a big fan of Wiercioch, hopefully he gets better defensively.
You do realize that the players make less % of total league revenues than they did in 05/06?

They took a cut percentage wise. The reason they are making much more money is because the league is making much more money.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
BPys-eeCEAIACZv.jpg:large

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
contracts tend to favour offensive production. I think you could get Cowen to sign at closer to the same amount, espesially with with comparables like Alzner out there (it's a little outdated, but his 2nd contract was 1.285 per year, paying Cowen more than double that seems a bit much).
You're in for a disappointment if you think Cowen is signing anything less than 2.5 per.

I'm hoping he gets 3.0 until a year before UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad