Post-Game Talk: Wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23124

I'm really concerned that this core isn't good enough. i think we're closer to missing the playoffs than winning the cup.
That's really not a surprise....it's the same core that struggled last season until the TDL acquisitions...then they took off because Drury added the elements that had been missing from the line up all year. Now those elements are gone and we're back with the Jekyll/Hyde team.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
They were trying to correct the seemingly endless array of posts and crossbars.
For the past 2 months, we've been complaining about that, now......we're going to complain about shooting wide? Jeez, the Rangers just cannot win here. :help:

And then you wonder WHY he didn't want to be Captain?
Maybe Drury has a master plan up his sleeve...make Trouba captain...and he sucks at it blows up a couple of times during the season and then he is stripped of the C and he gets embarrassed and then asks to be traded and waives his crap.....BINGO.....win for Drury our superhero .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Does the Keith Tkachuk family have any daughters that play hockey ? They likely be tougher then some of these guys we run out night after night.....Kravsoft is unreal.....he has become the league floor mat for opposing NHL Dmen and he never gets up mad and goes back at the guy......just do it once !

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The root problem is poor coaching that leads to poor organization on the ice that leads to players playing like individuals rather than supporting each other as a team. All other issues follow. This is especially noticeable in games where the Rangers are asked to attack against defending teams. The Rangers look better as the counter attacking team, like most teams in the league do.
I have been disliking Panarin so much lately, and that is simply not my style. but, it's that bad, I cannot fathom how poorly he's been playing.

This has been going on like, forever. Allow teams to suffocate our goalies (obviously the majority being Hank) with many shots, until finally grabbing a loose puck and "counter attacking" with opposing players getting in too deep, and getting caught.
I mean, is that the game plan? Rely on great goaltending to possibly score on 2 or 3 on 1's and 3 on 2's? Please tell me no.

Don't understand how we could play so poorly at HOME. Don't they want to send their FANS home happy and being full of Holiday gratitude? I thought we had finally gotten over that hump last year, when we played very well at home. Jeez

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Didn't get to watch because of having family over for a late Christmas, but getting shut out and going 0/5 on the PP doesn't look so hot.

If a 5-on-3 in the first leads to a 4-0 loss, then that's beating yourselves as much as the other team beating you.

Garbage game. Burn the tape and move on to Tampa.

PS--These post-game thread titles make no sense.
Assuming it was referring to shots going wide all night from what I'm hearing in this thread.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Maybe Drury has a master plan up his sleeve...make Trouba captain...and he sucks at it blows up a couple of times during the season and then he is stripped of the C and he gets embarrassed and then asks to be traded and waives his crap.....BINGO.....win for Drury our superhero .
That would be the most Rangers thing ever...

...but only if the trade is for Zack Kassian and the return of Patrik Nemeth cuz TUFFNESS and hurr durr 6th D

:(

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
But it's not only one game. We've seen all of this a lot this season especially against structured teams. When do we admit it's a systemic issue?
In the previous 9, they were 8-1. Same structure.

That's really not a surprise....it's the same core that struggled last season until the TDL acquisitions...then they took off because Drury added the elements that had been missing from the line up all year. Now those elements are gone and we're back with the Jekyll/Hyde team.
And the same elements will be available again.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
It honestly didn't feel like the effort was that ghastly last night, but I definitely though Washington played a good game. We had 32 shots, we could have capitalized on more opportunities, but every game isn't perfect. I don't think the sky is falling.

That being said, it's not a bad time to shake the lines up. Let's see what Tampa brings and go from there.
I tend to think we look fine to good and competitive, but our weakness comes through when we play more veteran teams that take away the middle of the ice. We got some decent chances but we are often quite poor at winning in the paint consistently. Caps used their physicality all night to take away their blue paint. And bullied their way into ours.

I quite honestly think this is happening because we have too many forwards that need to be reminded constantly about winning the netfront battles. It’s just not consistently in our game. When we’re bad we look like a team that sets up for threes, can’t hit any and wouldn’t know how to get an offensive rebound if they tried. Gotta be able to win the highly contested parts of the ice.

Reffing is going to continue to look bad if we continue to look soft.
It was very obvious that once Washington got into protect mode, we could not generate anything. The middle was constantly clogged and they were forcing us between red and blue line to do something, yet shut down the middle of the ice once it was in their zone.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
What does our road record say?
It's a matter of preparation. That's on the coaching. The older guys with families may not like it, but have the team try staying in a hotel the night before each game next homestand.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
It's a matter of preparation. That's on the coaching. The older guys with families may not like it, but have the team try staying in a hotel the night before each game next homestand.
And maybe have them get on a plane and do a loop de loop.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Poor game from the gang that couldn't shoot straight. I also thought the officating was brutal. Gauthier gets tripped up on a breakaway and no call. Trocheck gets pulled down near the net and no call. Then the gutless robots start calling game management penalties with 5 minutes to go when the game is already decided. NHL has a real problem with it's officiating.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Poor game from the gang that couldn't shoot straight. I also thought the officating was brutal. Gauthier gets tripped up on a breakaway and no call. Trocheck gets pulled down near the net and no call. Then the gutless robots start calling game management penalties with 5 minutes to go when the game is already decided. NHL has a real problem with it's officiating.
it was atrocious... and its getting worse. Nothing can excuse how this continues without any repercussions or efforts to reform. Maybe when Yzerman complains?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hmmm, if thats the case Drury is quite the master planner. The Long Con, if you will.
I had just come off a 32 hour shift, and I watched the entire game before going to bed. After they didn’t cash in on the PP early in the third my wife kept telling me I was insane and to just go to bed.
Honestly, when they didn't score there. That's when I knew we were cooked. If they had gumption and thoughts of a come back (like we had hoped) they would have scored there and it actually would have awaken the crowd and then.....who knows?
When your team is UP by the same score, this is what you fear, correct?

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Could you imagine if that threat was ever propositioned? GG would lose the team, right then and there.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Well then maybe if they call just about everything they see (legitimate calls, mind you) then there would be less "game management" on bull crap phoney, invisible calls that do nothing but piss off fan bases. Believe me, I know that might not make any sense, but the way it is........infuriates me.
Maybe the answer is going to one less official, or the way it used to be. If they don't see it, then they don't see it. But this way, it almost seems like games could be fixed and nowadays with gambling being legal......opens a whole lot of negative doors, and I don't even gamble anymore.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And the Knicks are complete dogshit at MSG, but look like NBA elite on the road.

Something is weird about the results at the building.
The results are weird for basketball. They're probably not worth looking into for hockey. Home ice in hockey is barely better than 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad