Post-Game Talk: Wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Poor game from the gang that couldn't shoot straight. I also thought the officating was brutal. Gauthier gets tripped up on a breakaway and no call. Trocheck gets pulled down near the net and no call. Then the gutless robots start calling game management penalties with 5 minutes to go when the game is already decided. NHL has a real problem with it's officiating.

It wasn't the right time for a penalty when the Caps committed those infractions.

NHL refs try to "work" the game like WWE refs instead of calling it.

We actually had 5 powerplays last night and they only had 3. That's as lopsided as they're going to let it get. It would have been like 9 to 1 if they just called the game instead of balancing it.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The Gauthier non-call was correct, to me. The stick sweep hit his skates and wasn't hard enough, and the doofus took a split second to realize he should fall.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Gallant is real tough in these pressers meanwhile he was giving the players that give a f*** the least 18-19+ minutes a game in the said game we're losing lol

You want to send a message? Bench f***ing Panarin after his 17th giveaway and send Gauthier out there who at the very least tried to break the Caps defense. Bench the 1st unit for a PP or 2. It doesn't even have to be all of them. They need to get it through their head's that there's other ideas besides the f***ing Zib 1 timer.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gallant is real tough in these pressers meanwhile he was giving the players that give a f*** the least 18-19+ minutes a game in the said game we're losing lol

You want to send a message? Bench f***ing Panarin after his 17th giveaway and send Gauthier out there who at the very least tried to break the Caps defense. Bench the 1st unit for a PP or 2. It doesn't even have to be all of them. They need to get it through their head's that there's other ideas besides the f***ing Zib 1 timer.
David Quinn with more experience.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I tend to think we look fine to good and competitive, but our weakness comes through when we play more veteran teams that take away the middle of the ice. We got some decent chances but we are often quite poor at winning in the paint consistently. Caps used their physicality all night to take away their blue paint. And bullied their way into ours.

I quite honestly think this is happening because we have too many forwards that need to be reminded constantly about winning the netfront battles. It’s just not consistently in our game. When we’re bad we look like a team that sets up for threes, can’t hit any and wouldn’t know how to get an offensive rebound if they tried. Gotta be able to win the highly contested parts of the ice.

Reffing is going to continue to look bad if we continue to look soft.
I wish Kreider - and to an extent Gauthier - would focus more on causing netfront havoc. Kreider, especially, spends too much time along the boards.
I’m not saying he can’t have shifts that are comprised of mostly boardwork. But I’d like him to dedicate one or two shifts per period to just causing a ruckus in front of the goalie.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The Gauthier non-call was correct, to me. The stick sweep hit his skates and wasn't hard enough, and the doofus took a split second to realize he should fall.
I agree to an extent. But when a defender gets cleanly beaten and he swings his stick at the guy’s skates, it’s always a penalty.
But then, on that play, suddenly it’s not??There’s zero standard. But they gave the caps a two man advantage because a famous guy flopped.
Call it tight or, even better, let them play. But pick one.

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Here’s my over exaggerated reaction:

If I hear Sam say ‘with a GOOOOOD shot’ one more time after a Zbad one timer from anywhere (blue line too lol) I’m gonna punch a wall (and I have a history with those, be AFRAID). Yes yes Sam, we all know he’s got a good shot but it’s unscreened from a mile away, chill the f*** out. He says it so many times for so many random shots all freakin game too. It adds nothing to the broadcast, and the shots often force decent but not great saves, and it gets so repetitive and pisses me off (when we’re losing).

More annoying than waffleboarded or pitch forked imo *ducks and runs*

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018

That Zib 1timer is as predictable as feck to the entire league now - interesting that our most successful PP tactic last season appeared to be Kreider getting in the paint - whatever happened to that by the way?

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
That Zib 1timer is as predictable as feck to the entire league now - interesting that our most successful PP tactic last season appeared to be Kreider getting in the paint - whatever happened to that by the way?

Trocheck.

But it's kind of a double-edged sword because Trocheck does win O-zone, PP faceoffs.

Reactions: Row I Goon

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I want to point out that the Caps broadcast is the f***ing worst. Not only is their pbp guy and awful Mike Emrick knockoff their color guy is the worst homer I ever heard. He literally said after the third goal "two late goals and this game has been blown wide open for the GOOD guys." I've never heard anyone refer to their team as the good guys. That is so beyond the pale unprofessional.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I want to point out that the Caps broadcast is the f***ing worst. Not only is their pbp guy and awful Mike Emrick knockoff their color guy is the worst homer I ever heard. He literally said after the third goal "two late goals and this game has been blown wide open for the GOOD guys." I've never heard anyone refer to their team as the good guys. That is so beyond the pale unprofessional.
Meh, it's a regional broadcast. They can be homers to the max for all I care, just don't be Jack Edwards level where you are legit making stuff up.

And didn't their PBP use to do national stuff for Versus? He's alright IMO.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
As long as homers are honest and give praise when the opponent does something well, I don’t mind. In fact, just don’t make-up stuff. If your team wins or does something good, be happy. That’s cool. But try to share the good vibes or at the very least, be honest.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Meh, it's a regional broadcast. They can be homers to the max for all I care, just don't be Jack Edwards level where you are legit making stuff up.

And didn't their PBP use to do national stuff for Versus? He's alright IMO.

He did and he was unlistenable. I hated watching those broadcasts. And you have to keep some professional decorum in my eyes. Do you think Sam or Joe would ever say that?

Deleted member 23124

Compared to things some other broadcasters say, that's nothing.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Here’s my over exaggerated reaction:

If I hear Sam say ‘with a GOOOOOD shot’ one more time after a Zbad one timer from anywhere (blue line too lol) I’m gonna punch a wall (and I have a history with those, be AFRAID). Yes yes Sam, we all know he’s got a good shot but it’s unscreened from a mile away, chill the f*** out. He says it so many times for so many random shots all freakin game too. It adds nothing to the broadcast, and the shots often force decent but not great saves, and it gets so repetitive and pisses me off (when we’re losing).

More annoying than waffleboarded or pitch forked imo *ducks and runs*

is there anything more annoying than "that didn't miss by much"?

Beninati was a Rangers fan growing up, fwiw

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I wish Kreider - and to an extent Gauthier - would focus more on causing netfront havoc. Kreider, especially, spends too much time along the boards.
I’m not saying he can’t have shifts that are comprised of mostly boardwork. But I’d like him to dedicate one or two shifts per period to just causing a ruckus in front of the goalie.
He would get challenged by a Dman then and might have to drop his gloves....Kreider is a gentle giant and probably actually softer than Gauthier . Kreider could physically change the momentum in a game at any time if he wanted to do so.....but he won't and that won't change now that he is a goal scorer /tipper inner .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad