Why isn't Matthews signed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Please tell me how often Stan Bowman goes out and tells the fans anything.
or Ken Holland.
Or Dean Lombardi.

go on. I'll wait.

When this team has the success their teams have, they can do a complete media blackout for all I care!! This team hasn't earned what those teams have earned.

As for Ken Holland:

“Talked to lots of players today letting them know we have interest,†Holland told the Free Press. “I'll double back with the agents later in the week and see what the player or agent is thinking.â€

“We're going to sign some players,†Holland said. “We're looking at higher profile ones, but also looking to see if somebody lesser can have impact. That's part of the cap - they can't all be about big money.â€

That's without barely even looking.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Seems to me that you keep pointing out how Lou Lam does the absolute bare minimum when it comes to fan relations and keeping us informed.. That in case, is my point! Thanks for illustrating it.

Oh. and since you want to play this game.

Lou Lamoriello has been available for several radio interviews during the year. (outside of discussing deals), just generally shooting the breeze, and giving "insight"

He's also been on 3 podcasts.

Lou has also been available for several tournaments, and fan events excluding fan-fest which is a given.

He's done 3 sit downs with Paul Hendricks outside of his hiring. which can be found on the leafs YT channel.

he's been available for every trade (as is custom).

he's been available for locker clean out, pre-draft after draft, and July 1st.

what more did you exactly need?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
When this team has the success their teams have, they can do a complete media blackout for all I care!! This team hasn't earned what those teams have earned.

As for Ken Holland:

“Talked to lots of players today letting them know we have interest,†Holland told the Free Press. “I'll double back with the agents later in the week and see what the player or agent is thinking.â€

“We're going to sign some players,†Holland said. “We're looking at higher profile ones, but also looking to see if somebody lesser can have impact. That's part of the cap - they can't all be about big money.â€

so. again.
you basically need to be held by your hand and told that Lamoriello and the staff are doing their jobs.

okay. whatever.

Leafsman

May 22, 2008
Oh. and since you want to play this game.

Lou Lamoriello has been available for several radio interviews during the year. (outside of discussing deals), just generally shooting the breeze, and giving "insight"

He's also been on 3 podcasts.

Lou has also been available for several tournaments, and fan events excluding fan-fest which is a given.

He's done 3 sit downs with Paul Hendricks outside of his hiring. which can be found on the leafs YT channel.

he's been available for every trade (as is custom).

he's been available for locker clean out, pre-draft after draft, and July 1st.

what more did you exactly need?

Really sounds like a guy who doesn't want to be in the spotlight as you stated.

As I said, I get the sense that he is controlling information so the spotlight remains on him. He wants the press pleading for information. He wants to be on the radio, tv, etc.

Matthews is signed, and no one is going to give a **** about this team for the next month.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Really sounds like a guy who doesn't want to be in the spotlight as you stated.

As I said, I get the sense that he is controlling information so the spotlight remains on him. He wants the press pleading for information. He wants to be on the radio, tv, etc.

Matthews is signed, and no one is going to give a **** about this team for the next month.

:laugh: okay, whatever. you believe whatever you want.

Leafsman

May 22, 2008
so. again.
you basically need to be held by your hand and told that Lamoriello and the staff are doing their jobs.

okay. whatever.

Here's what Stan Bowman shared on Shaw's contract talks before he was traded and while they were trying to sign him.
Bowman said last week the team would have to wait to see the salary-cap number for next season before it entered serious talks with Shaw on a new contract.The NHL revealed the cap Wednesday — $73 million, an increase of $1.6 million over last season.

Bowman said he has had "good discussions" with Shaw's agent, Pat Brisson, but there has not been progress on a deal for Shaw as the Hawks prepare for the draft.

"I don't have a final answer on where we're going," Bowman said Thursday. "(We) had some good discussions with his agent, so that's sort of ongoing. And we're trying to get something done.

"That's about how I can characterize it right now. … We have a lot of things we're working through and that's certainly one of them."

Almost exactly the response I typed out that Lou could've used.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
So we have moved from a) freaking out because Matthews might get signed as late as other first overalls, and not much earlier than any other Leafs pick, to b) raging that our organisation controls the flow of information better than other organisations, which would be OK if they had enough success to be arrogant enough to be competent.

What's next in this line of evolving absurdity?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
So we have moved from a) freaking out because Matthews might get signed as late as other first overalls, and not much earlier than any other Leafs pick, to b) raging that our organisation controls the flow of information better than other organisations, which would be OK if they had enough success to be arrogant enough to be competent.

heck if i know.
i am really flabbergasted that there are people throwing tantrums that management doesn't spell every single part of the process for them, because the team hasn't earned the right to do that. (but we'll ignore the people running the team does).

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Here's what Stan Bowman shared on Shaw's contract talks before he was traded and while they were trying to sign him.

Almost exactly the response I typed out that Lou could've used.

oh you mean so Lou flat out saying that he's talking to Matthews agent and they'll sit down and get a contract done but the particulars he won't really get into with the media isn't good enough for you?

okay. whatever.

Leafsman

May 22, 2008

Why are they controlling the flow of information over signing Matthews or which RFA's were qualified at the deadline??

To me this is over-control to the detriment of the fan base. Of course, information has to be controlled - negotiations depend on it. I'm talking about over-controlling information that doesn't need to be controlled.

Other teams released their RFA signings. Leafs didn't

Other teams signed their draftees. Leafs had the biggest no-brainer signing of all of them yet hasn't.

Leafsman

May 22, 2008
oh you mean so Lou flat out saying that he's talking to Matthews agent and they'll sit down and get a contract done but the particulars he won't really get into with the media isn't good enough for you?

okay. whatever.

That was his latest interview.

He had an interview a few days prior where he flat out refused to answer which TSN doesn't have posted anymore or I would post it. Those are the answers I take issue with.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
As for Ken Holland:

:laugh:

He said a whole lot of absolutely nothing there and you somehow think he was giving the fans a ton of info?

:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad