Why isn't Matthews signed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Been answered in other threads. Lou said they're working on it..

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Cause Lou refuses to give bonuses.

Anywhere else and there wouldn't be anything to negotiate, he'd just get the max.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am not worried and no need to start a thread - he is going to be signed sooner or later

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Drafted 2 weeks ago.... Relax people.

Lou is a smart man, if he can save us a million in cap space and still sign Matthews then great. Maybe it rubs Matthews the wrong way, maybe it doesn't. I think what happens over the next 7 years will have more to do with him staying or going UFA. If the team has success and is a contender I highly doubt he looks back on this and say " Lou ripped me off my bonus I'm leaving"

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leafs dealt with Free Agency and Lou said the two sides are talking and a deal won't take long to get done.

Seriously, only like 5 or 6 first rounders have signed I believe.

It's hilarious watching people put their tin foil hats on and freak out though :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
They ran out of pens. Shanny wanted to order new ones with Purolator but Lou said they should use Canada Post to save some money. Now that Canada Post is locking out we'll have to wait until the delivery arrives, whenever that is.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
The fax machine has been replaced by a carrier pigeon. Contract is expected to be confirmed in 10 fortnights.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Penny smart, dollar foolish. You give a player like mathews his max elc contract. I don't understand the sense in negotiating with his elc when he's pretty much the face of the franchise now.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Looks like shanny, lou, and babs will have to go to his house and lock themselves insde with him. They will have to threaten him that they won't leave him along until he signs with them. Kind of like the clippers with Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad