Who would be the Jets' ideal 1st round opponent?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Unless us or Nashville blow for a stretch... I actually think its highly unlikely we would play them in the 1st round.

In reality... St Louis or Dallas or a pacific team looks most likely.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It’s pretty odd as we head down the stretch to the playoffs there is no team I have allot of confidence in us beating and no team I fear either? The dam NHL is so tight now that we just need to get in and find a way to win that first series. If we do that I can see us gaining allot of confidence and getting on a roll.

I just feel like whomever we face in round 1 it’s a 50-50 type shot.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It’s pretty odd as we head down the stretch to the playoffs there is no team I have allot of confidence in us beating and no team I fear either? The dam NHL is so tight now that we just need to get in and find a way to win that first series. If we do that I can see us gaining allot of confidence and getting on a roll.

I just feel like whomever we face in round 1 it’s a 50-50 type shot.

I agree. Also think this year’s Jets are more likely to find a way to beat whoever over 7 games than previous iterations. It’s a team that can be reshaped on the fly once its key pieces return; makes it tough on other teams IMO.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I agree. Also think this year’s Jets are more likely to find a way to beat whoever over 7 games than previous iterations. It’s a team that can be reshaped on the fly once its key pieces return; makes it tough on other teams IMO.
We'll have to see what No brews up for the lines. Lots of skill, but fewer play drivers. Hopefully Lowry and Trouba come back to make things more foolproof.

Regardless, anything can happen in a 7 game series. Luck still plays a major role.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'd love a Jets-Stars, but in the end it doesn't matter at all to me. You have to beat all the best teams anyways if you want to win the cup.
I'm actually fully in support of resting some top end players after playoff spot is secured, even if it means getting a better 1st round opponent. It would reduce the chances of injury, possibly improve the draft position, and give the guys some extra practice and rest time

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd love a Jets-Stars, but in the end it doesn't matter at all to me. You have to beat all the best teams anyways if you want to win the cup.
I'm actually fully in support of resting some top end players after playoff spot is secured, even if it means getting a better 1st round opponent. It would reduce the chances of injury, possibly improve the draft position, and give the guys some extra practice and rest time

The bolded is simply not true. Somebody has to eliminate them. It doesn't matter who. And no, beating the best team does not make you the best team. Luck, variance, whatever you want to call it, plays a big part.

In the first round I want to face the team we are most likely to beat. In the second round I want to face the surviving team we are most likely to beat. Same in the 3rd and 4th rounds too. After that I don't care. :laugh:

Home ice matters so I want to finish as high as possible. I suppose it is debatable whether home ice is worth more or less than resting some players.

Reactions: Calendal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad