Who would be the Jets' ideal 1st round opponent?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
If the standings hold relatively steady, the Jets are playing against the Kings, Sharks or Stars.

Just wondering who you'd think would be the ideal match-up?

Kings? Jets would beat handily.
Same with Stars, IMO.
The Sharks would be a tough-as-nails series and would be close.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
We've done pretty well against all of the above, while we were missing at least our #1C.

I think if healthy, we can beat anyone. I really go back and forth about playing someone easier first to get more playoff wins/games, and playing someone difficult to get them over with.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If the standings hold relatively steady, the Jets are playing against the Kings, Sharks or Stars.

Just wondering who you'd think would be the ideal match-up?

Kings? Jets would beat handily.
Same with Stars, IMO.
The Sharks would be a tough-as-nails series and would be close.

Not sure why you think the Sharks and Kings are likely playoff opponents. Statistically we have a better chance of facing the Blackhawks than any Pacific team. (SJ 2% LAK 3%)

IMG_0521.png

Last edited:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Not sure why you think the Sharks and Kings are likely playoff opponents. Statistically we have a better chance of facing the Blackhawks than any Pacific team. (SJ 2% LAK 3%)

IMG_0521.png
eh. Chicago's currently not in a playoff spot. but since it's all a hypothetical, you're welcome to bring up any team you so desire to bring up

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
eh. Chicago's currently not in a playoff spot. but since it's all a hypothetical, you're welcome to bring up any team you so desire to bring up

No worries, just pointing out our most likely opponents would be the central teams. St. Louis being the highest probability. We're technically second in the central in terms of points .pct

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I have a feeling we will see St.Louis, which would be a great series.

Or Dallas, which would be awesome too.

Thinking back to all those games against these teams and I think we've played some of the most exciting games against those two, very chippy games too.

I would love to sweep Anaheim. I still despise them from our last playoff.

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
Round 1: Sweep the ducks ;)
Round 2: Beat the stars with Laine getting his usual hat trick against them in each game
Round 3: Beat the preds because screw the preds
Final: Bring the cup west again :naughty:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Round 1: Sweep the ducks ;)
Round 2: Beat the stars with Laine getting his usual hat trick against them in each game
Round 3: Beat the preds because screw the preds
Final: Bring the cup west again :naughty:

Is this even possible? To play the Preds in round 3 one of us needs to be a wild card team and win the Pacific

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Playing the ducks in the 1st round would be exciting and scary. On the one hand if we win we get to sock it to em. If we lose and especially if we get swept again that would be the most embarrassing lose we could have really.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Is this even possible? To play the Preds in round 3 one of us needs to be a wild card team and win the Pacific

Yeah that is a very unlikely scenario. I think it's most likely we play the Blues in the first round as the 2nd place team in Central.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I want the Blues. Always good, physical tight games. And I like our chances espically with home ice. That can get us ready for the Preds in round 2. Not to sound too cocky. Maybe the Preds will even get upset. I know the WC teams are still very good teams. So for round 1 I would say Blues or Stars IMO. We have to beat the best anyways, but with minimal playoff expierence I don't want the very best round 1

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

That'd be the Really Wild Card.

FWIW I'd like to see the Stars in the first round and the Blues in the second round, and LA in the third round but I don't like thinking too much about it. We aren't guaranteed anything yet, not even a playoff spot, so I'm trying to stay grounded.

m.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Of the probable ones, Stars. Then Blues. Definitely not Nashville or Knights.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
That'd be the Really Wild Card.

FWIW I'd like to see the Stars in the first round and the Blues in the second round, and LA in the third round but I don't like thinking too much about it. We aren't guaranteed anything yet, not even a playoff spot, so I'm trying to stay grounded.

m.

If that actually happened I think we’d go to the finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad