Who would be the Jets' ideal 1st round opponent?

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
This season? Chicago or Minnesota.

(Just want to say - if the Jets miss the playoffs this year, I'm coming back to this thread and blaming you.)

Reactions: Aggie204

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
This season? Chicago or Minnesota.

(Just want to say - if the Jets miss the playoffs this year, I'm coming back to this thread and blaming you.)

The Blackhawks have had our number this year, they are still better than their record shows.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It would be great if we played Dallas or St.Louis in the 1-st round. I think the Jet's will finish 2-nd in the Central- "maybe first" --so if that is the case, who are we likely to play. I guess it could be a team from the other division in the Pacific Conference ?? Maybe the Ducks or the Sharks. Not sure how they work that -maybe by hi point totals would play the lower point total teams irregardless of the division their in.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Minnesota...I want Jets fans to invade Excel and have a Road Whiteout
For the love of all things holly please no West Coast teams..I work at 5:30 get up at 04:30 ...Even some of our freaking home games started at 9:30 to apease Anaheim...it was brutal...painful...ruff got home at like 1:30am and had to get up at 04:30am...

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The Jets match up well against Stars, Avs, Wild. Nashville would be tough to overcome. So much speed on that blueline. The Blues and SJ would be tough but I still give the Jets a better than 50% chance. I think there is like a 20% chance the Jets can take out Nashville in a 7 game series.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Minnesota...I want Jets fans to invade Excel and have a Road Whiteout
For the love of all things holly please no West Coast teams..I work at 5:30 get up at 04:30 ...Even some of our freaking home games started at 9:30 to apease Anaheim...it was brutal...painful...ruff got home at like 1:30am and had to get up at 04:30am...

I think it would be great to build up a rivalry with Minnesota - I want Minnesota to feel the way we do about Anaheim. :D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It would be great if we played Dallas or St.Louis in the 1-st round. I think the Jet's will finish 2-nd in the Central- "maybe first" --so if that is the case, who are we likely to play. I guess it could be a team from the other division in the Pacific Conference ?? Maybe the Ducks or the Sharks. Not sure how they work that -maybe by hi point totals would play the lower point total teams irregardless of the division their in.
Agree about playing St. Louis or Dallas in the 1st round. As much as I'd like to finish 1st, it seems much more likely we are 2nd behind Nashville. Then it is almost assured it will be either STL or Dallas in 3rd. I'd take a playoff series against either with home ice advantage.

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Blues in 5 and then the Preds in 6 and Vegas in 5 and then the Bolts in six games to win the cup...
I'd really like to play the Ducks though.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Blues in 5 and then the Preds in 6 and Vegas in 5 and then the Bolts in six games to win the cup...
I'd really like to play the Ducks though.
If we can win the cup without ever having to face a game 7 I'd be so overjoyed I could care less who we play along the way.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
but we will need to prove that we can beat the best to win the cup at some point.

Well since I consider that the Jets are actually the best team, if I take you literally then we have to prove we can beat ourselves LOL ;)

Reactions: Georgetown Al

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Minnesota or Ducks. Both good story lines. Minnesota to build up the rivalry and Anaheim to right a wrong.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
To me it honestly doesn't matter that much. We could easily lose to anyone. As long as we have home ice round one we have a good shot at winning.

The team is so inexperienced and young I feel we could be our own worst enemy... one bad goal by Helly could derail an entire series.

I'm just excited to see how we do.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I’d prefer the Blues or a Pacific flunkie like Calgary.

I do not want to play a bruising veteran team like Anaheim right away. They’re apt to beat down our players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad