Who won the Rempe/Deslaurier fight?

Who won the fight?

• Total voters

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
This isn't boxing, taking down your opponent isn't "giving up on the fight" it's part of the fight, if your opponent outmuscles you to the ice, you lose points.

Rempe landed the better shots early, he ate more late and was taken down. It was close, but in my books Rempe took a L.
This isn't wrestling.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Draw or Rempe. Did more damage, and wasn't outlanded in quality punches.

Deslauriers saw an opportunity to end the fight and took it with a cheeky takedown, but I'm not giving him points for that.

Very competitive/even fight but trying to call Deslauriers the winner is laughable. He took some absolute bombs, one basically buckled him during the fight.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This isn't boxing, taking down your opponent isn't "giving up on the fight" it's part of the fight, if your opponent outmuscles you to the ice, you lose points.

Rempe landed the better shots early, he ate more late and was taken down. It was close, but in my books Rempe took a L.
He pulled his leg out with his hand. That isn't a takedown it's bush league garbage. Who the f*** does that?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
He pulled his leg out with his hand. That isn't a takedown it's bush league garbage. Who the f*** does that?

My guy I don't know which martial arts gym you train at but if they taught you that using your hands to take your opponent down isn't a takedown I recommend you quit immediately.

By definition that is a literal takedown.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
My guy I don't know which martial arts gym you train at but if they taught you that using your hands to take your opponent down isn't a takedown I recommend you quit immediately.

By definition that is a literal takedown.
When do NHL players pull players legs out during a fight? This isnt the MMA lmao.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
100% this. If Deslauriers didn’t get the takedown in the end, which is fairly inconsequential, it would’ve been a great fight with a clear Rempe advantage. Instead it was a great fight that was probably a draw.
Deslauries clearly won the fight without ragdolling him. In fact he did him a favor by throwing him to the ground, he has him turtled with his jersey over his head and could have pumped him, he showed him mercy

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I voted draw because it looked like Deslaurier did connect with some of his punches.
Deslarier had the most visible injuries but that isn't always the measure of damage depending on where a punch connected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad