Who won the Rempe/Deslaurier fight?

Who won the fight?

• Total voters

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Ouch. Players need to start putting on boxing gloves before fighting, need to protect the hands. Boxing gloves kept behind each teams bench and the ref brings them out before the fight.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Ouch. Players need to start putting on boxing gloves before fighting, need to protect the hands. Boxing gloves kept behind each teams bench and the ref brings them out before the fight.
Boxing gloves actually lead to more concussions because guys can punch harder

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This guy follows Rempe around insulting him in every thread, guess Rempe is doing his job and getting under skin
Just stating facts. The league phased out goons. Guys need to be able to actually play useful minutes and not only just be a face puncher. Imo Rempe will be back in the minors in not too long.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Just stating facts. The league phased out goons. Guys need to be able to actually play useful minutes and not only just be a face puncher. Imo Rempe will be back in the minors in not too long.
He’s been our best offensive player since coming here lol, literally better offensive pressure every time he’s on the ice than when we’re on the PP

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You ever been in a fight in your entire life?

I've been in a fight every day since the age of 5 which, according to my calculations, is around 14,600 fights.

So you'd better listen to me, because I know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'd like to discuss this topic more but someone is waiting outside.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Rempe is taller, with more reach, and much heavier. Rempe is also closer to his prime than Deslauriers who is a few more years out of it. Half a foot makes a huge difference in fighting. The fact that Deslauriers hung in there the whole time and arguably took it to a draw gives him the edge in my book.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Rempe has 2 points in 5 games. Deslauriers has 3 in 51, and no goals. In fact Rempe only has about 20 minutes of ice time, so currently he is at 6 pts/60mins at evens.

Since you want to talk facts.

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Rempe has 2 points in 5 games. Deslauriers has 3 in 51, and no goals. In fact Rempe only has about 20 minutes of ice time, so currently he is at 6 pts/60mins at evens.

We will see over the next while if Rempe stays up. Imo he will be sent down.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton

Nic has been in the league for 10 years now (past his prime fighting years), and fought to a draw with a guy in prime who is much bigger...let's see how long Rempe's NHL career is, he already got tuned last night by Olivier and sent to the locker-room.

I bet Nic has a longer career than Rempe at the NHL level.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Outlasted him, came on late and got the takedown.

Rempe gassed, it's never a good look when you get beat up at the end of a fight.
Not really. He did a takedown because he gave up on the fight, and both lasted more or less the same. Rempe held his own more, and Rempe had the slight edge in punches (and harder ones) thrown.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I will have to watch it again but the first time I watched it, it wasn't even remotely close. Looked like Deslauriers only landed one shot while Rempe landed several.

For those arguing about take downs and shirts, I guarantee you if you asked Deslauriers he wouldn't point to those as him winning anything. That's him trying anything to save himself because he is losing badly at trading fists.

Last edited:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Not really. He did a takedown because he gave up on the fight, and both lasted more or less the same. Rempe held his own more, and Rempe had the slight edge in punches (and harder ones) thrown.

This isn't boxing, taking down your opponent isn't "giving up on the fight" it's part of the fight, if your opponent outmuscles you to the ice, you lose points.

Rempe landed the better shots early, he ate more late and was taken down. It was close, but in my books Rempe took a L.

• Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad