Who wins the first game of the regular season: Leafs or Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
One fan base or both are going to be very disappointed or very happy, we will see who were more informed or maybe just big homers. Cannot wait for this season to start to get the answer to what our hopes are.

Hopefully they both make the playoffs!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets win 5-0

PLW shuts down Matthews line

ESL dominates

S with 4a
L with 3G
E with 1g 2a

Hell boy with a blank

Myers with the last goal

Bonus
Helpers and Nylander tilt

Go Jets Go.... 1 more month :)

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Jets and Laine.

Jets and Leafs won the same amount of games even though Jets were in top 2 for most injured teams - Leafs were in the bottom 2. First game both will have fully healthy rosters, which Leafs did all last season and Jets did at almost no point last season.

Laine will score more points - He's scored, what, 5 goals vs Leafs already and there's no reason why he wouldn't score even more.

I know it's 2017 and people like to make up statistics hoping nobody will fact check.

Tell us again the leafs were bottom 2 in injuries. Were they? Or are you outright lying through your teeth, like the last time you made this claim?

Leafs weren't even bottom 5, let alone bottom 2. And that is a fact. Not a lie, like your claim. But judging by most of your posts, I see the language barrier you have makes it difficult, so for that I apologize. I understand if your grasp on English were better, many of the claims you make regarding the leafs wouldn't sound so ridiculous.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Jets win 5-0

PLW shuts down Matthews line

ESL dominates

S with 4a
L with 3G
E with 1g 2a

Hell boy with a blank

Myers with the last goal

Bonus
Helpers and Nylander tilt

Go Jets Go.... 1 more month :)

Hellebuyc is your starting goalie this year? LOLOLOLOL. Sorry about the looooong season again jets fans

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hellebuyc is your starting goalie this year? LOLOLOLOL. Sorry about the looooong season again jets fans

They also have Mason. He put up a .908 last year which is actually quite a bit better than how Hellebuyck did (.907)
If goaltending sank them last year, it will happen again this year

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
They also have Mason. He put up a .908 last year which is actually quite a bit better than how Hellebuyck did (.907)
If goaltending sank them last year, it will happen again this year

Mason's gonna save them!

Here here I got this! Let's go from one below average goalie to another below average goalie! That'll fix it!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Mason's gonna save them!

Here here I got this! Let's go from one below average goalie to another below average goalie! That'll fix it!

Yeah I see them being like Dallas of years past. Amazing offense, below average defense, and terrible goaltending. They're going nowhere

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I'm a Jets fan with a soft spot for the Leaf's
It's no wonder HF generally thinks both fan bases are among the most obnoxious.
It will be a great opener for 2 potentially very good teams.
It's too bad this thread is turning into a grade 8 insult fest.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Yeah I see them being like Dallas of years past. Amazing offense, below average defense, and terrible goaltending. They're going nowhere

Here's some numbers..

In the last 2 seasons, there are 43 goalies who have played at least 60 games.

Of those 43 goalies, Mason is ranked 32nd and Hellebyuck is ranked 38th in save percentage. Those are your starting goaltenders.

In terms of GAA, the numbers are better, but similar. Of 43 goalies, mason is 31st and Hellebyuck is 38th

Thats the "improved 1-2 punch for Winnipeg. No team in the league has a worse statistical tandem.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Here's some numbers..

In the last 2 seasons, there are 43 goalies who have played at least 60 games.

Of those 43 goalies, Mason is ranked 32nd and Hellebyuck is ranked 38th in save percentage. Those are your starting goaltenders.

In terms of GAA, the numbers are better, but similar. Of 43 goalies, mason is 31st and Hellebyuck is 38th

Thats the "improved 1-2 punch for Winnipeg. No team in the league has a worse statistical tandem.

A rookie goaltender isn't expected to have Matt Murray numbers and success. When you consider that Pavelec and Hutchinson were worse options, it really falls on management. Mason's had his ups and downs, we won't know how good he is behind our defense until we see them play for a while. Anyone talking in absolute's before a season has started is either a Colorado fan who knows their team is in rough shape, or full of beans. Nobody expected Dubnyk to have the success he did in Minnesota, but with their teams defense he came in and looked great. Anything can happen. I'm looking forward to the game though. Toronto and Winnipeg have drafted and developed a lot of good young talent in the last 5 years which makes either team fun to watch.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I don't think there is a team that has more excuses built in than the Jets and their fanbase(not all, obviously).

The jets were not a good team last year, that's all there is to it. Injuries may have played a role, but there was way more to it than that.

-They had God Awful goaltending and did not improve it this summer. No matter how healthy they were, they weren't overcoming those save percentages
-They are a below average possession team
-They were a bottom 10 team in regulation losses in the NHL
-They were a two line team

Another team that was in the bottom 4 for injuries won the Stanley Cup, so enough with the excuses that a Healthy team would have made a HUGE difference, especially with the shortcomings the team already had.

Leafs outshot the Jets 77 to 54 in the games their head to head match ups last year, the jets were very fortunate to have scored 9 goals in that Span. If the Leafs transfer that over to the home opener, it would be terrific.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
It wouldn't surprise me if Laine scored another hatty against the Leafs. He does seem to enjoy playing against them. :D

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
This game will be a snooze fest. Not sure why an opening game of the season is being hyped at all. It's no game 7 winner take all.

Never Change hf boards, never change.

Both players held pointless and hf boards implodes.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
This game will be a snooze fest. Not sure why an opening game of the season is being hyped at all. It's no game 7 winner take all.

Never Change hf boards, never change.

Both players held pointless and hf boards implodes.

haha i'm so cool cause i don't care about things

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Roll the dice. Laine and Jets.

It's probably statistically more likely that Matthews and Laine score the exact same amount of points than that they score a different amount.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I hate Winnipeg but they probably take this. The Leafs never win in Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad