Who wins the first game of the regular season: Leafs or Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Not only is Mason a below average starter, he sucks major against the leafs as well, so we'll see if that continues in Winnipeg.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Not only is Mason a below average starter, he sucks major against the leafs as well, so we'll see if that continues in Winnipeg.

Can always play Hellebuyck. I for one am not looking forward to throwing Mason in against the Devils.

Andersen also let in 9 goals in 2 games vs us last season..

Something tells me these games are not decided by who has the superior goaltender on paper, but rather whoever gets the most hat tricks.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
No one says Leafs haters don't exist there are haters of every team. People just hate the Leafs more because their fan base is the largest and loudest.

You can't speak for everyone because I've literally seen people claim that people don't hate the leafs which is untrue

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Jets easy, leafs will regress towards their 30th place finish this season as last year was a fluke
If anything, 13%+ oiSH% is a fluke

Voting on that is more luck than anything as generally (not speaking about the extremes), even a good team (say 5th in the league) vs a bad team (say 26th in the league) will be quite close to a coin toss in probabilities of winning a game (about 60%-40% in favor of the better team)

So I flipped a coin and it fell on the Leafs. Therefore voted Matthews too, as the top offensive player on the winning team is more likely to get more points than the 2nd-3rd best offensive player on the losing team.

You can't speak for everyone because I've literally seen people claim that people don't hate the leafs which is untrue
"I've seen a handful of people, out of the thousands of active member of a Hockey forum, claim that people don't hate the Leafs, so I am going to generalize their statement to a greater population."

Last edited:

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Care to point to any of these claims?

I'm not one to make claims without backing it up. I can't say I'll get back to you quickly but I'll message you once I find one.

"I've seen a handful of people, out of the thousands of active member of a Hockey forum, claim that people don't hate the Leafs, so I am going to generalize their statement to a greater population."

What greater population? If you never said that leaf haters don't exist then it doesn't apply to you. Difficult concept to understand, I get it poppy

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
What a strange thread

Jets fan fishing for ammo on how 'good' his team is.

One game? Don't care who wins it. Both teams are bubble in their respective conferences, but the Leafs get my vote as the better squad (begrudgingly).

Matthews over Laine any day of the week. I don't expect that will ever change.

I don't get the Jets mania this offseason. Why do people think they will be good? Scheifele, Laine....Trouba (meh)...that's it

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Jets fans are so cocky considering they missed the playoffs last season, with their 2 best scorers being incredibly lucky with their goals. (Laine had a 17% shooting and Schiefle 20%) they act like Mason is a big deal, when he's still a below average goalie. They seem to think their whole team is just going to gel together nicely when they still have the same coach.
Reality is, the Jets are a bubble team.
Reality is, the leafs are a bubble team, but because they made the playoffs last season with an insanely young team, they'll likely improve. Will the Jets improve more than the leafs? Doubtful.

As for predicting one game of the season?...that's silly.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Jets fans are so cocky considering they missed the playoffs last season, with their 2 best scorers being incredibly lucky with their goals. (Laine had a 17% shooting and Schiefle 20%) they act like Mason is a big deal, when he's still a below average goalie. They seem to think their whole team is just going to gel together nicely when they still have the same coach.
Reality is, the Jets are a bubble team.
Reality is, the leafs are a bubble team, but because they made the playoffs last season with an insanely young team, they'll likely improve. Will the Jets improve more than the leafs? Doubtful.

As for predicting one game of the season?...that's silly.

One fan base or both are going to be very disappointed or very happy, we will see who were more informed or maybe just big homers. Cannot wait for this season to start to get the answer to what our hopes are.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Any chance Ehlers can get a hattrick and Andersen gets a shutout... I wish ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad