Who wins the first game of the regular season: Leafs or Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
I find the Jets really hard to rank. As they have the talent, on the recent poll for forwards the Jets had 5 in the top 60. That's pretty impressive. But on the Defensive end, they do themselves no favors. They take way to many penalties. I think they are a coach and GM away from being contenders. Chevy has done a wonderful job building a foundation but he is way to loyal to his coach. We won't even go into the goaltending issues. As with the talent they have they should be closer to contender status, then the current ranking of Bubble team at best right now.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs have only won once in Winnipeg since they've been back, they don't normally play well there.

In saying that, this leafs team is better than any of those other ones, so we'll see.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
If they're going to have a successful season, they're going to have to break down this trend of not winning there.

On the plus side, Andersen and Babcock will have gone through a training camp, and maybe they learn how to hold leads-as they know
themselves as a team now.

Another of a few teams, who they don't have success against, who they play early on. This has to be broken. The Jets might be easier, than the other teams they will face in their 1st 10 games.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets are very hungry and should start the season healthy. I think they'll storm out of the gate.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Went with the better team and player from last year, leafs and matthews

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Jets and Laine.

Jets and Leafs won the same amount of games even though Jets were in top 2 for most injured teams - Leafs were in the bottom 2. First game both will have fully healthy rosters, which Leafs did all last season and Jets did at almost no point last season.

Laine will score more points - He's scored, what, 5 goals vs Leafs already and there's no reason why he wouldn't score even more.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Leafs are the better team.
Matthews is the better player.
Pretty straight forward.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Could go either way. The added experience for past seasons leaf rookies will have the leafs being a much better team i think.

Jets finally healthy (presumably).

I think jets win the first match up 6-5 overtime.

Two of the best offensive teams in the league and now both have good (i hope) goaltending but jets D group give them the edge.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Logic dictates that you take the better team and player so I voted for Leafs and Matthews.

Anything can happen, though

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It's in Winnipeg, so they probably win around ~54% of the time or something. Have to wait to see what the gambling market says. People pretending to have any insight into how one game will unfold is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad