Speculation: Who takes over after Bergeron?

Bruins next nr 1 C

• Total voters

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
In the last 5 years they've had 2 first rounders and they used them on Lysell at 21 and Beecher at 30. Last year they used their first three picks on centers and signed Merkulov.

If you want them to have traded for someone to replace Bergeron, who we're still not sure is done, then who and when? I was all for bringing in Roslovic and Bennett when they were available and cheap but other than that, who are we missing that would have been available for picks/prospects and would have played above Bergeron?

There’s been a long list of potential C’s that have been traded, drafted or signed during the lst few years.

Why have they had so little 1st rounders?
They’ve had to dump cap due to bad contracts

They should have had more than 2 and then you can think of all the C’s that have changed teams.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They've been stacked at C - no where to develop to or reason to develop for.

Would love to see PLD come in but don't think it's realistic that they sign anyone on big $ and term deals
There has 100% been a reason to develop and the bruins themselves have acknowledged it by attempting to draft replacements in Frederic and Beecher.

The issue is Frederic can’t stop getting scratched in the playoffs and Beecher is inept offensively.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
There’s been a long list of potential C’s that have been traded, drafted or signed during the lst few years.

Why have they had so little 1st rounders?
They’ve had to dump cap due to bad contracts

They should have had more than 2 and then you can think of all the C’s that have changed teams.
Names from that list who would replace Bergeron (who we still aren't sure is done)? I gave you Bennett and Roslovic and advocated at the time for them. Who are you thinking now with hindsight?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
None of the centers in this pole are coming here anytime soon. '

I have a better chance of winning the lottery than the Bruins do of finding a legitimate replacement for Bergeron as No.1 center this off-season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Right now go with Coyle, Zacha, Frederic and Beecher & Merk on bottom

Coyle & Zacha looked good to me in games 3 & 4

They can throw out a playoff team with them

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
In Don I trust. The monty mistake must go though the guy is a moron.
I’m willing to give Monty another shot, a lot of positives outweighing negatives, and he should learn from it

I didn’t like his mentality immediately after game 6 but did like it before game 7, he made key errors but players also didn’t execute, it was a total team loss IMO where as I put slightly more blame on Cassidy in that game 7 loss than I do the players, if that makes any sense

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Names from that list who would replace Bergeron (who we still aren't sure is done)? I gave you Bennett and Roslovic and advocated at the time for them. Who are you thinking now with hindsight?

I’m thinking atleast top6 C’s and there’s no way I can remember them all.

2015, no need to say more about it

2016, Vaakanainen #18th
#19 Josh Norris C
#20 Robert Thomas C
#21 Chytil C

2018, Beecher, #30
#32 Pinto C

2021, Lysell, #21
#23 Wyatt Johnston

Fact is this regime has a very difficult time with drafting offense and right about now it’s coming back to hurt them big time.

Last year I hoped they would have found away to go get Lambert(went at 30)

Some potential matches that have changed teams include:
Reinhart, Bennett, Danault, Horvat, Dach, Schenn, RoR.

So it’s not like there haven’t been options to get ready especially for the moment Krejcis original contract run out.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Which 1st? 2025? that's our next one. We also can't make a crazy offer sheet because we don't have any of our own picks with which to make it.

PLD won't need an offer sheet. And WPG would be looking for a combination of roster players and futures, so it could be a fit if if if if if they can make the cap work, which would require a lot of work.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree. If Bergeron is returning, it would be nice to know sooner rather than later.

And Sweeney may know more than we do, or he may not. There is no benefit at all for Sweeney for the information to be public until the time is right

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I’m thinking atleast top6 C’s and there’s no way I can remember them all.

2015, no need to say more about it

2016, Vaakanainen #18th
#19 Josh Norris C
#20 Robert Thomas C
#21 Chytil C

2018, Beecher, #30
#32 Pinto C

2021, Lysell, #21
#23 Wyatt Johnston

Fact is this regime has a very difficult time with drafting offense and right about now it’s coming back to hurt them big time.

Last year I hoped they would have found away to go get Lambert(went at 30)

Some potential matches that have changed teams include:
Reinhart, Bennett, Danault, Horvat, Dach, Schenn, RoR.

So it’s not like there haven’t been options to get ready especially for the moment Krejcis original contract run out.

When it comes to the draft - I'll give you the Vaakanainen pick as it left quite a few people scratching their heads. That was also 6 years ago and 6 years away from when they might need a center who could beat out Krejci/Bergeron. Pinto v Beecher at the time was pretty moot as both are centers and ranked to go later. Besides Pinto only just got off the ground and wouldn't have seen any time at C in Boston yet. Would have loved to see you come in and rip the team for taking Lysell in 2021 instead of Johnston at the time (where was he ranked pre-draft anyway).

As for the other matches its almost all imaginationland - No way Buffalo deals Reinhart after getting bent over by Hall and Sweeney, Bennett I agree and did at the time, the Habs weren't dealing Danault to Boston and he wouldn't have played in Bostons top 9 anyway, Dach was a lottery ticket and hardly a plan for anything. Schenn didn't go anywhere.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
When it comes to the draft - I'll give you the Vaakanainen pick as it left quite a few people scratching their heads. That was also 6 years ago and 6 years away from when they might need a center who could beat out Krejci/Bergeron. Pinto v Beecher at the time was pretty moot as both are centers and ranked to go later. Besides Pinto only just got off the ground and wouldn't have seen any time at C in Boston yet. Would have loved to see you come in and rip the team for taking Lysell in 2021 instead of Johnston at the time (where was he ranked pre-draft anyway).

As for the other matches its almost all imaginationland - No way Buffalo deals Reinhart after getting bent over by Hall and Sweeney, Bennett I agree and did at the time, the Habs weren't dealing Danault to Boston and he wouldn't have played in Bostons top 9 anyway, Dach was a lottery ticket and hardly a plan for anything. Schenn didn't go anywhere.
The difference is Pinto is putting up better numbers in the NHL than beecher is in the AHL. Is Beecher even going make the roster next year?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Uh yup - just an interesting time and motivation for it.
I didn’t even bring up Pinto. I responded to your post where you talked about Pinto.

How is it “just an interesting time and motivation” when the only time I’ve brought him up is now, in a conversation that was already going on between you and BB88?

Lmao what the hell

Last edited:
Reactions: EverettMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad