Speculation: Who takes over after Bergeron?

Bruins next nr 1 C

• Total voters

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
The only 1Cs I could see them realistically trading for are Lindholm out of CAL and Schiefele out of WPG. Lindholm would be the better get age wise, but would cost considerably more.

WPG needs to explode that locker room. Schiefele for 2/3 years is a good bridge to the Merks/Poitras of the world (assuming they amount to something). But I think thats too retool safe and Id like to aim for under 30 to line up with the new core age (25-28)

I still think Ullmark is your best bet of getting another top six C, they already have another with Zacha but he tops at a true 2a, he's not a 1/1b.

Reactions: TCB

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
need a real genuine rebuild drafting potential franchise centers to replace Bergy and Krejci. No patchwork garbage like we are fixing Montreal roads

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
A trade or two needs to be made to re-coup some picks. Even if its getting a couple 2nd in this years draft and Sweeney needs to move salary out, bring in a top young center and get some picks ! I'd start with Calgary/Winnipeg two teams who will be looking for change's. Good Luck ya I know, but he needs to be active this off season.

Of the three centers their all studs give me any one of them.

Reactions: bbfan419

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They've been stacked at C - no where to develop to or reason to develop for.

Would love to see PLD come in but don't think it's realistic that they sign anyone on big $ and term deals

I'm too exhausted to point out why this is an insane comment. Can anyone handle this for me please? Thanks.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
need a real genuine rebuild drafting potential franchise centers to replace Bergy and Krejci. No patchwork garbage like we are fixing Montreal roads
Unfortunately I agree with this. It's a tough situation, but it's true.

We can't be relying on Bergeron or Krejci to come in, take a discount and help by being 3rd line centers.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What a terrible position to be in. No draft picks and the only shot of actually competing is massively overpaying for a top line center.
yep but in all fairness, not sure any team has a true succession plan in place for the time their #1 or top line players retiring, moving on etc...

Pens- Succession plan for Crosby or Malkin? Not that I know of

Caps- Succession plan for Ovi?

Just to name a few

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
yep but in all fairness, not sure any team has a true succession plan in place for the time their #1 or top line players retiring, moving on etc...

Just to name a few
At least the penguins and capitals didnt trade away two years worth of first and 2nd round picks only to get bounced in the first round.

Capitals three firsts the next two years and penguins have both of theirs.

At least those teams have a chance at a rebuild. The Bruins will be fighting for two years to not avoid giving opposing team higher draft picks.

Reactions: finchster

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

Just to name a few
The Bruins had one and executed a plan to replace Chara. So it's not outside of the realm of possibility for a team to do so.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
At least the penguins and capitals didnt trade away two years worth of first and 2nd round picks only to get bounced in the first round.

Capitals three firsts the next two years and penguins have both of theirs.

At least those teams have a chance at a rebuild. The Bruins will be fighting for two years to not avoid giving opposing team higher draft picks.
if Sweeney had of sat on his hands at the deadline and kept those picks you`d be here screaming about him doing nothing at the deadline

you think the picks in the drafts coming up are going to produce for either team an Ovi, a bonafide sniper or Sid/Malking replacment? Sorry, for me, even a top 10 pick is never a guarantee, I`ve been following this game too long and have seen can`t miss prospects packing groceries in 2 years while a 5th rounder finds a permanent roster spot

I`ll stand by what I say, when it comes to a succession plan for a future HOF`er, I can`t think of one team who has a plan in place, simply cannot manufacture another HOF`er simply via the draft

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bruins had one and executed a plan to replace Chara. So it's not outside of the realm of possibility for a team to do so.
nope but they have to be a bad team to put them in a spot to draft higher and IMO, it`s really a keep your fingers crossed the kid is able to do so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad