Speculation: Who takes over after Bergeron?

Bruins next nr 1 C

• Total voters

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
A few quality centers could be available this summer take your pick or give some suggestions.

Sebastian Aho is my pick will be a UFA after next season, he is the perfect replacement IMHO.

PLD and Elias Lindholm also fit the bill.

No one can replace Patrice but what do you do..

Reactions: bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
A few quality centers could be available this summer take your pick or give some suggestions.

Sebastian Aho is my pick will be a UFA after next season, he is the perfect replacement IMHO.

PLD and Elias Lindholm also fit the bill.

No one can replace Patrice but what do you do..

Can't see how they can afford any of them.

Also, don't really think any will be available.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
there's zero cap space to add a #1 C next year, even trading Hall only frees up enough room for a #2 type guy. One of Zacha or Coyle will center the top line, probably for a couple years/

Reactions: smithformeragent

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Crazy that they haven’t been able to develop a Center in all these years .
Instead of "develop".... draft a top 6 center

This is the gap

there's zero cap space to add a #1 C next year, even trading Hall only frees up enough room for a #2 type guy. One of Zacha or Coyle will center the top line, probably for a couple years/
I feel confident in Coyle and Zacha for now

They won enough regular season games....especially late in the season and two game away in the playoffs

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Lol at anyone thinking Aho is making it to UFA. Strong rumors PLD wants to be Hab. So that leaves Lindholm, who will be 30 by that point and who's not even really that big of an upgrade, if at all, over Zacha and Coyle spare for his one statistical outlier season.

Mods, go ahead and shut this poll down lol.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Really just have to hope one of Harrison/Merkulov/Poitras/Locmelis/Beecher develops into a top 6C....which is asking quite a lot...unless you can grab a similar struggling guy to Zacha, not sure who that person could be.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
looks like a safe bet that Beecher won't be a top 6 guy.
Most likely 4th liner, but hey development isn't always linear so there is a far outside chance...the other's listed have a bit more offense and likely a better chance to contribute in the top 6.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Most likely 4th liner, but hey development isn't always linear so there is a far outside chance...the other's listed have a bit more offense and likely a better chance to contribute in the top 6.
yep, i'm holding out hope that Beecher turns into a stud bottom six centre, his size and speed are a rare combination even if he never produces big offensive numbers. He could be a great PK guy for years and a forechecking demon

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
yep, i'm holding out hope that Beecher turns into a stud bottom six centre, his size and speed are a rare combination even if he never produces big offensive numbers. He could be a great PK guy for years and a forechecking demon
Beecher could be slotted to replace Nosek who is a UFA...Beecher is big, fast and most importantly cheap

with the salary cap crunch ..unless they find a way to off- load several contracts expect to see a number of minimum salary guys filling out the roster.

i totally respect management for going all in this year ...it was a good gamble that didn't work and now we pay the price without the reward...such is sports

Reactions: bbfan419

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Crazy that they haven’t been able to develop a Center in all these years .
They've been stacked at C - no where to develop to or reason to develop for.

Would love to see PLD come in but don't think it's realistic that they sign anyone on big $ and term deals

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
PLD is probably the cheapest one to get. Also a great choice. Big, physical, near PPG and only 24.

He's an RFA so may have to be a sign and trade (Gryz + 1st?) or bite the bullet and make a crazy offer sheet

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
PLD is probably the cheapest one to get. Also a great choice. Big, physical, near PPG and only 24.

He's an RFA so may have to be a sign and trade (Gryz + 1st?) or bite the bullet and make a crazy offer sheet
Which 1st? 2025? that's our next one. We also can't make a crazy offer sheet because we don't have any of our own picks with which to make it.

Reactions: TCB

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Auston Matthews is a free agent coming up next season too :popcorn:

tell you what, my biggest criticism of the leafs was that mathews isnt a big game guy but he took that step this season

dont think the bruins can afford a 15 million dollar contract tho lolol

Soooo 8-10 years of being a cellar dweller.

meh, that's what they said after 2015/16. One game away from a cup 3 years later.

After that? it's over. Covid f***ed us up. But, still, a few years later and they're setting NHL records. The end wasn't what we wanted, but the team was clearly good

bruins will be better than people expect next year and I think they can compete for a cup seriously in 2-3 years if Sweeney keeps making more good moves than bad as he's trended

Reactions: The don godfather

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad