Line Combos: Who survives final roster cuts?

Final 21: (13F/8D or 14F/7D)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It’s a fair thought as I’d think EDM could use Jaskin but did they have room on their 23-man roster for Jaskin?
Not really. They already waived Aberg and their fans don't seem too happy with Caggiula. But with guys like Rattie, Pulju and Yomo apparently playing well and forcing themselves onto the roster, they have the depth in the top 9. 4th-line is probably Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian, so Jaskin isn't needed.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Jaskin waived, and this is with Fabbri probably on IR. I think when he comes back, probably Blais gets sent down, but Blais makes the team for now.

By all indications, we're going to see a skilled 4th line. I love it.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Jaskin waived, and this is with Fabbri probably on IR. I think when he comes back, probably Blais gets sent down, but Blais makes the team for now.

By all indications, we're going to see a skilled 4th line. I love it.
Too early to say. If Blais performs, he will stay here.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Too early to say. If Blais performs, he will stay here.

That’s pretty much the key. Same with Kyrou and Thomas as well.

We could’ve said the same thing last year - that Dunn would get sent down once Bouw was ready to play, but Dunn played well enough to force them to keep him for the whole season.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Love that they have seemed to favor Kyrou and Blais and are looking to put some legit skill on 4 lines. We are not going to be fun to match up with. Yeo has some toys to play with. I don’t know where our PK will end up, but if our PP isn’t transformed this year then something major is wrong with the staff.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He was better than he has previously been and had a couple good sequences shooting the puck, but he also wasn't particularly good overall. I thought Mikkola and Schmaltz were both noticeably better.
I agree i thought mikola was using his body better. Jordan looked good as well very speedy player.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
These moves really make me excited as I love the infusion of youth and talent but I’m also going to expect a ton of growing pains early on in the season.

-Tons of new guys to the roster. O’Reilly, Bozak, Maroon, etc. Even Perron although most of his teammates are likely pretty familiar with his tendencies. But could be some initial chemistry issues as they all continue to get acclimated.

-Plenty of rookies and with that comes typical rookie mistakes. And Kyrou and Blais in particular are known to still need work away from the puck. I’ll be interested to see how they look now that the competition is all NHLers and the games count.

-Heck, sounds like Jerabek will likely be in the lineup Thurs night assuming Edmundson’s groin injury keeps him out. How acclimated to his new team, teammates and system will this guy be by then?

-Sounds like a few line combos and pairings will be made that didn’t play a ton together in the preseason. Will likely lead to some miscues/initial chemistry issues there as well.

-A completely revamped core of PKers. How will they do? The Blues actually finished with the best PK of the preseason (only 1 PP goal allowed) but that means next to nothing now.

-Definitely some changes to the personnel of the PP as well. God I hope that’s improved this season. Didn’t look great in the preseason though.

This team should be very exciting, but may also take a little while to work out some kinks too.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Hey guys,

Has Husso been sent down yet? Will he?

Not yet, but it's basically a certainty that he'll be sent down. Allen is healthy and Johnson is there to be the backup. It wouldn't surprise me to see Husso make a serious impact in the NHL this season, but he should start in the minors until Allen gets hurt or falls apart.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hey guys,

Has Husso been sent down yet? Will he?

He has not been sent down. He will be. Most likely in the next day or two. However, if we have enough people on IR to carry 3 goalies, I could see a slim chance he gets an early NHL game before being sent down, maybe the 3rd game vs Calgary. That is a slim chance though, like 5% or less. Regardless, he will get sent down eventually though. The team wants him to get 40-50 games this year and he won't get that in the NHL. He will get called up for spot games in the NHL only, for injury, just to see how he performs or if one of our two NHL guys is playing terribly. They won't have him riding the pine as a back-up to be thrown to the wolves only if the starter gets pulled.

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Is this roster Cap compliant? Suspended players and guys on IR still count against the Cap, yes?

And Sundqvist is now another potential IR guy as well.

Maybe they can get away with classifying Soshnikov and Sundqvist as LTIR to gain some Cap relief but there are some Cap implications here I’m not sure many are realizing.
Ah yes, the salary cap. I doubt my roster makes it under.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
So the NHL season opens Wednesday. When do we find out what the opening day 23 man roster looks like?

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
2zq56yd.png

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Really surprised to see 3 people left off Jaskin, he is going to be on this team. No reason for him not to be. Yeah the kids look like they will be better players but Jaskin knows how to play the bottom 6 mins which is sometimes hard for star prospects that are used to being the man.

Well this shows my knowledge of hockey :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad