Speculation: Who specifically was Andersen calling out

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Somewhat agree. The fact it took so long yes. Way too many games...same mistakes at some point the leaders need to take a stand and speak up. So first Andersen, then Marleau in intermission.

I still wonder what the problem is. Is it they get down on themselves after a bad goal, or a missed chance? Is it the trade deadline is soon and some are letting it get in their head?

This is why i loved the Marleau deal. Even if he isnt getting pts his leadership is huge. Same with Hainsey unlocking Reillys offense. These 2 guys are what a team like Edmonton lacks. I can safely bet that say we didnt have those 2 ww wouldnt be in a playoff spot (obviously Andersen).

As for who exactly..well the deadline is a month away so we will find out. Any player causing problems (if thats the case) will be traded. So we if see a weird deal then I guess we know.

Patience is running thin. We all know our weakness' so therefore I know our management does. But we were told not to have super high expectations, that steady on the rudder quote and sticking to the building plan. I have a feeling we maybe underwhelmed in Feb. But if thats the case fasten your seatbelt for July..I really think we run hard at Doughty

well a quarter of this team is used to doing "good stuff" getting puffy chest because Toronto is like yayayayay, and then it's like.. well that's it.

a quarter of the team has been on winning organizations or have gone on deep cup runs and it's like well we didn't accomplish anything yet, so stop acting like you accomplished anything.

and the rest of the team is young and going through sophomore adjustments. but it wouldn't surprise me if some people are acting like superstars (for being really awesome the season before), without that mentality that every day you need to work just as hard (esp. in this market where we have the attention span of Dug, and it's Squirrel! We're good, Squirrel! we suck!

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
pretty funny that freddy followed this up with a stinker, and his teammates had to bail him out.

You love/are positive about everything Leaf to the point where you almost overrate the team's outlook and many of the team's prospects. Yet you continually dump on Andersen, though he has been one of the MVPs to date. This is why I think the bias against Andersen is obvious. The team is great. The outlook is great. All the prospects are great. Oh but Freddy? He stinks.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I compliment freddy all the time.

for some reason, though, people get really upset when I point out poor play by the goalie even though they never get upset when anyone points out the poor play of any other player.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Well acting and being are two different things.. Matthews is we all know that. I dont think its his attitude. Marner is but this year tough puck luck and I think its more hes mad at himself so much so he is making more mistakes. Nylander ditto only thing is with him...lately anyway, some games hes flying others he seems to be la di da. Also he plays with Matthews mostly who is looking more like himself..and Hyman has been a beast of late. Look to Marners line...Bozak is missing open net chances fed by Mitch and JVR is slumping slightly...Mitch drives the line but if the latter 2 cant cycle the puck and win board battles its one and done. Marner is the creator not a board battle guy..which is why Brown there instead of JVR may be best and put JvR with Kadri and Marleau..then komarov on the 4th line where he belongs. That kadri line is all D minded most of the yr Marleau offensively has been sub par for me...minus some good stretches. Anyway I doubt babcock goes with those combos..but itd be interesting to see.

At least put brown with Kadri that line needs an offensive punch in the face..since kadri cant buy one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad