Who slows down Marchand, Bergeron & Pastrnak in the Playoffs?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
All in all - if you put away all the baggage we carry and just watch these guys as a pure hockey fan - it's just fantastic and really entertaining.

After Sid joined Bergeron and Marchand at the WCOH and dismantled everyone I really wanted to see what they could do to the NHL over a full season. Never going to happen but with Pasta taking that next step it's as close as we're going to see.

I feel like that's the first time anyone saw Bergeron's true ceiling as well, that he's not 'just' a Selke guy, but one with the IQ and ability to play offense alongside the best players in the world.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Being a fan I obviously hope they continue their dominance in the playoffs. Got me to wondering who/what can slow them down? They are near impossible to contain. Take one of them out of the play and you have to deal with the other two. They cycle extremely well and have uncanny ability to find each other with elite passing ability....and that's just 5 on 5 on offense. Let's not forget the defensive side, as well as PP/SH situations.

In short, can they be contained? If so, who has the best chance and how?
none will slow down in the 1st rd.I see big pts from all 3.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I feel like that's the first time anyone saw Bergeron's true ceiling as well, that he's not 'just' a Selke guy, but one with the IQ and ability to play offense alongside the best players in the world.

The hockey IQ of Crosby and Bergeron is off the charts.

I remember the World Juniors where Sid, Bergeron and Corey Perry were the number #1 line for Canada on the most stacked juniors team ever in the most stacked tournament and they just went to town with Bergeron winning the MVP over guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Getzlaf, etc.

I'd say the previous Olympics, though, when he played with Sid on a line for TC - as between that and the WCOH a lot of people went from questioning his inclusion to writing his name in pen on the first line and understanding why they were taking Marchand - whom opened eyes that tournament. All three are such puck-hounds.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
A quick check of the numbers. Bergeron is 0g 0a and -5 in 3 games v the Capitals. Pasternk had an assist in 3 games. Marchand got skunked as well. Though he did manage to jump Eller who didn't see him coming and sent him for stitches. He accomplished something.

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
A quick check of the numbers. Bergeron is 0g 0a and -5 in 3 games v the Capitals. Pasternk had an assist in 3 games. Marchand got skunked as well. Though he did manage to jump Eller who didn't see him coming and sent him for stitches. He accomplished something.
1-0

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Not looking too well the past couple of games. That's not the time of the year to be slumping.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The Leafs don't have the guys to do it but you just need to get really physical against that line.
Bergeron is an injury risk if he keeps getting hit and Marchand is stupid and can be goaded into penalties.
Not much you can do against Pasta, though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Iam taking the Leafs in 6 against the Bruins,not because I dont think Boston isnt a great team...But way way too much hype on how they are going to tool the Leafs

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think TB, if we play the Bs, will start with Cirelli to shut them down, and if it doesn't work we'll go back to Point.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Nobody's stopping that line. There's not a line in the league I'd rather have for a playoff run. Their style fits playoff hockey to a T and exploits Toronto's biggest defensive weakness (coverage down low against the cycle). If the Leafs win that series I have a feeling it's gonna be a result of scoring 5+ a game.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Nobody's stopping that line. There's not a line in the league I'd rather have for a playoff run. Their style fits playoff hockey to a T and exploits Toronto's biggest defensive weakness (coverage down low against the cycle). If the Leafs win that series I have a feeling it's gonna be a result of scoring 5+ a game.
Tampa Bay is laughing at you

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Imagine the madness if Montreal runs the table and the Leafs lose out in regulation.

Toronto drops out of the top three and suddenly it's Boston vs. Montreal.

There's barely any chance of it happening but I'd still laugh my ass off if it did. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad