Who slows down Marchand, Bergeron & Pastrnak in the Playoffs?

Gsh

Oct 14, 2018
Winning in 6 games is dusting? Good luck. :laugh:

The Leafs you watch are not the same Leafs that everybody else sees. I'm sure you're right and we're all wrong though.

Boston is going to kick the Leafs teeth in.
Everyone knows it’s what’s on paper, not real results. Leafs in 4.

Hockey Nebula

Jan 10, 2019
They're an unbelievable line, everyone can see that. There's something about Bergeron that is truly special. He might be the most complete player in the game, and every opponent they face has to game plan around that line.

But, they can't be on the ice all the time. And Marchand gets carried away sometimes, and can be goaded into it.

The Bruins have good depth to back up their top line, so they're a strong team and a contender.

But they're far from unbeatable, as their playoff record from the last few years shows clearly. Toronto has a good chance to beat them and end all the Pasternak/Bergeron/Marchand chatter again this year.

I'm not a fan of either team, but it's going to be a fun series to watch, full of talent and lively buildings.

Bring it on!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think the Bruins are an excellent team. Maybe 2nd best in the league. Their top line is maybe best in the league. However once they get deeper into the playoffs they are going to have to depend on the other lines to get them further than they did last year. TB will slow down that top line. It wont completely stop it but they will counter it. I also dont think Toronto is such a cake walk this time. They're pissed and want to finally beat Boston. Wouldnt surprise me. I like Boston and think they can win the whole thing but it wont be their top line that gets them over the hump, it will have to be their other lines stepping up and providing what they need to win tough playoff games. I think TB and Toronto have that depth but Boston is so structured it wont be easy for any of these teams. Should be a war to be honest. That is why Im happy that Tor and Bos are playing first. I actually think that really helped TB have an easy opponent round 1 and a few days rest while they finished their series. However if TB and Boston do play it will likely be much tougher for TB than last year.

As good as the top line can be..... Colorado found out that 3 guys alone cannot carry an offense all year

Last year, the Bruins vs TB and the Avs vs Nashville were a little bit 1st line dependent.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
I’m curious what bruins fans think Cassidy should do in game 2. Do they keep the Bergeron line going against the Tavares line or go after the Matthews line? They had a lot of success last year against that line so might not be a bad idea.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
I’m curious what bruins fans think Cassidy should do in game 2. Do they keep the Bergeron line going against the Tavares line or go after the Matthews line? They had a lot of success last year against that line so might not be a bad idea.

The big problem with that is the Bergeron line is also the best defensive line Boston has. Move them to go against Matthew line and then the Marner line has alot easier of a time to be creative in the offensive end.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Matthews and Tavares elite 2 way play has been underrated for far too long. These bruins just can’t match Toronto’s youth, speed, skill, work ethic, or defensive play this series. Can’t wait to see if Columbus will be up to the task of shutting down these young, elite leafs players. Should be interesting

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
john-tavares-2019-38.jpg

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Matthews and Tavares elite 2 way play has been underrated for far too long. These bruins just can’t match Toronto’s youth, speed, skill, work ethic, or defensive play this series. Can’t wait to see if Columbus will be up to the task of shutting down these young, elite leafs players. Should be interesting
Marner is the best player on the leafs on both sides of the puck.

He’s a true superstar.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Marner is the best player on the leafs on both sides of the puck.

He’s a true superstar.
You might be right. Just goes to show how elite Marner is if people consider him greater than 2 obviously elite, franchise centremen in Matthews and Tavares. The leafs truly are lucky to have such and incredible group to build around. Excellent point you made

Reactions: KPower

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
lol Matthews is elite 2-way? hes more of a defensive liability. Elite 2-way players are never the worst +/- on their team.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Something is up with Bergy. Guy has been horrid on the faceoff dot and sort of nonexistent this round. You can tell when he isn't 100 percent. (not taking credit away from Tavares and his linemates. They've kept right with them and even put the pressure on them in the Bruins d zone quite a few times).

Marchy has been alright. And Pasta looked like rookie year Pasta falling all over the place last night.

Really hope Bruce splits them up for next game.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Something is up with Bergy. Guy has been horrid on the faceoff dot and sort of nonexistent this round. You can tell when he isn't 100 percent. (not taking credit away from Tavares and his linemates. They've kept right with them and even put the pressure on them in the Bruins d zone quite a few times).

Marchy has been alright. And Pasta looked like rookie year Pasta falling all over the place last night.

Really hope Bruce splits them up for next game.

Mhmmm...?

Mhmm...?

Mhm...?

You don't say.

I wonder who said exactly this before the series started in exactly this thread and got laughed at by half the thread and their grandmothers.

Ah, right. It was me.

I was right. Again.

How curious.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Nice demonstration of speaking without knowing. Anyone who has seen Matthews play laughs at you and the "defensive liability" line. Plus minus...the tell all stat :laugh:

Hope it's worth the likes.
He didn’t even get any likes LOL. Even leaf haters know what he said was stupid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad